Why is there so little information about Azzi Fudd? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why is there so little information about Azzi Fudd?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There is so little information about Azzi because that's how she and her family have chosen to handle her recruitment. Not every player needs/wants a video when they narrow their choices or an IG post when they take a visit.

Recruits owe college fans nothing.
You mean a little like Stewie did during her recruitment.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Besides the Fudd family privacy, recruiting news in general has been much more sporadic because there has been almost no gatherings of recruits for national or even regional events, no AAU, and no travel by coaches, recruits, or reporters/evaluators. Makes for a very quiet summer with the noise mostly coming from those recruits who self publicize their process.

Reaction Score
Why is there so little information about Fudd's college preferences? Do you believe she will sign with Uconn?
Ah Tappan Zee, see what you did? Fudd threads tend to get out of hand. A bridge too far I fear.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Duke? Notre Dame? Two new black woman coaches who clearly know their stuff. It ain't over 'til its over.
I saw a quote on McGraw's bench from a knowledgeable poster that said in regard to signing with ND, "that bus left some time ago." I imagine that Neile back that conversation has reopened. I think she did attend the "Neile-fest" a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
Why is there so little information about Fudd's college preferences? Do you believe she will sign with Uconn?
If I were betting man I’d say Maryland. I think she would rather play against Page and be the star of the team rather than play with her. Maryland is also a lot closer to her home than UConn, making it easier for family and friends to watch her play. I also have not seen her in any UConn gear but I have seen her in some Maryland sweats. Just one man‘s opinion.

Reaction Score
Looking at next year's roster, it kinda strikes me we should be just fine at the guard position, Azzi or no Azzi.

Sure, I'd love to have her, but damn, theres some talent there I know Geno and co. would engage and utilize to optimum benefit.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And those ugly shorts she wears are Maryland gear she got when offered 6 years ago!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Azzi is honing her game at a gym down the street from me (actually it's a few miles). Unless the pandemic affects things, the early signing period starts in about 12 weeks. I'm being patient until then. Hopefully, Azzi is in frequent touch with Paige, Saylor, Caroline, and Amari.
...and Geno.

Reaction Score
until I see evidence to the contrary, I choose to believe that and Geno already have a silent deal in place and that Ms Fudd will be at UConn in due time.........but of course I've been proven wrong before............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If I were betting man I’d say Maryland. I think she would rather play against Page and be the star of the team rather than play with her. Maryland is also a lot closer to her home than UConn, making it easier for family and friends to watch her play. I also have not seen her in any UConn gear but I have seen her in some Maryland sweats. Just one man‘s opinion.

If I were betting between UCONN vs MD I'd say UCONN.

1-- She gets to play with her best friend.
2-- Her family can come to watch her play at Georgetown, CT, New York, PA, Rhode Island etc. And the Tourney they came watch her too.
3-- The better coach resides in CT.
4-- The better team for the foreseeable resided in CT. OFC she might be able to change that eventually - but I highlight "might."
5--- The star players on her team if chooses UCONN rarely transfer out. Support players do- but it seems at MD also stars move out. I think if choice players would prefer stability.
6-- This can be "her team" too. Paige B does not only play pg. We've seen in H/S games she also plays off-the-ball. It's not like she'll only be a sg and only shooting 3's. She's also a pg. And Paige is also a sg. And many games they'll have blowouts and they'll be able to play SF because many other teams play small too.
7-- A draw for uCONN is they are a basketball school. I think a draw for top recruits has been the knowledge in knowing that your school is basketball driven.
8-- UCONN has a history of playing one of the best schedules in all of basketball. MD doesn't.

So playing with best friend (1), still not that far away from family (2), with a superior coach (3), a more stable environment (4), practicing with better players so you get better individually (5) with great chance for titles year after year(6) in which she would be going to a school that is mostly hungry for the sport she loves (7), while playing among the best schedules in all the country (8); - imo all the factors combined it's UCONN over MD.

She'll have many chances to play against her best friend--- at UCONN and after she graduates.

Reaction Score
Looking at next year's roster, it kinda strikes me we should be just fine at the guard position, Azzi or no Azzi.

Sure, I'd love to have her, but damn, theres some talent there I know Geno and co. would engage and utilize to optimum benefit.

And next year and years after we'd be stronger with Azzi.

And younger kids down the road may really ending up loving watching Azzi perform in a UCONN jersey.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Closer to home matters only if/when spectators are allowed.

Reaction Score
Besides the Fudd family privacy, recruiting news in general has been much more sporadic because there has been almost no gatherings of recruits for national or even regional events, no AAU, and no travel by coaches, recruits, or reporters/evaluators. Makes for a very quiet summer with the noise mostly coming from those recruits who self publicize their process.

They are in the middle of the AAU season, they play every weekend.

Reaction Score
Too many connections to UA, I think she is going to Maryland.

Reaction Score
And those ugly shorts she wears are Maryland gear she got when offered 6 years ago!
Doesn’t make a difference when she got them, she still wears them. I’m sure she has gear from other schools but I have never seen her wear them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Doesn’t make a difference when she got them, she still wears them. I’m sure she has gear from other schools but I have never seen her wear them.
And of course they are only ugly because they are Maryland Wear.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
To those who don't like this thread I ask why do you click on it? I refer those folks to the ignore button at the top. Use it instead of trying to censor topics from discussion.
Or you can use the Ignore button on individual posters if you only need to censor their points. Oh wait...they still show up if I am not logged in. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom