Why is Ines nailed to the bench? | The Boneyard

Why is Ines nailed to the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I correct Q did not play at all? So Ice got all the sub minutes? Something going on?

Reaction Score
So Ice got all the sub minutes? Something going on?
Nothing. UConn's starting line up + Ice was playing well. No reason to sub out unless necessary, especially since they'll be getting a nice break now before the S16.

Reaction Score
People who think that Geno (or any other coach) would suddenly do something they have not done all year, i.e. put a player they have not used much at all in these close intense games in the tournament, are just nutty fans.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Thought she could have gotten some run with Nika out. I mean she had some good performances last year in pressure. Maybe I’m misremembering.

I think our bigs coughed it up 3 or 4 or 5 times in the last 5 minutes

Our bigs were getting hack by at least 2 Cuse players every time the grabbed a rebound. Pretty difficult to hold on to the ball under those circumstances.

Reaction Score
I was at Gampel; the game was a nail brighter, down to the wire and KK hit that clutch 3 to seal the win. Get home to find this thread, SMH.

Celebrate the fact that we are heading to the Sweet 16 instead of lamenting why a bench player didn’t get minutes.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was at Gampel; the game was a nail brighter, down to the wire and KK hit that clutch 3 to seal the win. Get home to find this thread, SMH.

Celebrate the fact that we are heading to the Sweet 16 instead of lamenting why a bench player didn’t get minutes.
Nothing wrong with celebrating and lamenting at the same time. It's allowed on the Boneyard. ;)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I have wondered all year why Ines was not getting more playing time, since I too was impressed with her play last year. However, I don't see the practices, so the coaches have a whole lot more information on that subject than I do or any Boneyarder does.

HOWEVER, given that she hasn't played meaningful minutes all year, you certainly don't put her in an NCAA Tournament game where the outcome has not been decided. That would be completely foolhardy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Agree. SMH. Tourney sometimes brings out the clueless posters. It's just win and advance at this point.

Reaction Score
Agree. SMH. Tourney sometimes brings out the clueless posters. It's just win and advance at this point.
Pardon me.

Nika gets her 4th foul in a close game. About 22 seconds later she fouls out.

Is it unreasonable to consider that Geno could have substituted and had a 20 second chat with Nika as to the gravity of the situation? Put Nika back in after that 20 seconds or if the team is still doing OK rest her a bit more.

Y’all are a tough crowd, but the fact remains that UConn turned the ball over and had subpar possessions with Nika on the bench. KK bailed us out and hopefully Nika learned a lesson.

Survive and advance.

Reaction Score
Pardon me.

Is it unreasonable to consider that Geno could have substituted and had a 20 second chat with Nika as to the gravity of the situation? Put Nika back in after that 20 seconds or if the team is still doing OK rest her a bit more.
Could it be that Geno expected an experienced player to keep their cool and know the situation - and not commit dumb fouls?

Reaction Score
Pardon me.

Y’all are a tough crowd, but the fact remains that UConn turned the ball over and had subpar possessions with Nika on the bench. KK bailed us out and hopefully Nika learned a lesson.

Survive and advance.
It is beyond realistic for Geno to do this and imo your entire post shows extreme panic or an extreme micro-manager that trusts no one. First off, Geno is not going to treat Nika like a 6 year old. Some of you UCONN fans only want to look at things in such a negative light. even after wins - there must be clouds.

Your post is highlighted by the comment you make of KK "Bailing us out." I mean c’mon. What kind of UCONN fan with all the success the Program has had is going to twist this that way? KK Arnold was a number 6 All-American recruit coming out of High School. The opposing team deliberately left her wide open. So, she hits a wide open jump shot and as a UCONN fan that has seen so much success and recognizing that’s a H/S A/A that has had a very good year up to this year that was left wide open- and you refer this to "bailing us out?":)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom