Why I believe Herbst and Warde do make a HC move | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why I believe Herbst and Warde do make a HC move

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So the implicit assumption in Skiblet's scenario is that if Warde is not 100% going to fire PP at the end of the year then Susan would impose her will on the situation and convince Warde to do it, or somehow put pressure on him to do it. I think a more likely scenario is that neither Warde nor Susan has made a decision at this point, but Susan, the trustees, athletic department personnell and others will have input when Warde does make a decision.

Reaction Score
So the implicit assumption in Skiblet's scenario is that if Warde is not 100% going to fire PP at the end of the year then Susan would impose her will on the situation and convince Warde to do it, or somehow put pressure on him to do it. I think a more likely scenario is that neither Warde nor Susan has made a decision at this point, but Susan, the trustees, athletic department personnell and others will have input when Warde does make a decision.
I don't think that's an assumption he's making. I think you might be mistakingly assuming Warde can make that decision on his own. I don't think he has the authority to fire a coach and hire a new one without first running it past the president, and likely BOT, based on the amount of money it would take to buy him out and hire a new coach.

I imagine Herbst would value his opinion very strongly based on the football aspect, but if it becomes a financial decision, it will be her decision to make.

Reaction Score
You've never shot a gun have you? (FWIW, I agreed with the rest of your post)

He/she may have... Some point shooting technique for handguns in close quarters are taught utilizing the middle finger on the trigger for stabilization.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He/she may have... Some point shooting technique for handguns in close quarters are taught utilizing the middle finger on the trigger for stabilization.

Time for a classic Boneyard semantic debate! I think Waylon has posted on both sides if you search!

Reaction Score
Couldn't just let the joke ride I see? ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it's a great move. Now The Rent is only 3 miles from campus.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It's not glass half empty. I have no opinion of the woman or her leadership yet.

A decision to cut costs falls safely under dog bites man.

It's like congratulating Bob Cordani for taking First Five money in the middle of CIGNA layoffs. Visionary.

It's David. And Even with the layoffs, CIGNA's increased employment worldwide and in CT since that program. If you dont like the State's purported job growth incentive program, criticize Malloy and the legislation who developed it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's David. And Even with the layoffs, CIGNA's increased employment worldwide and in CT since that program. If you dont like the State's purported job growth incentive program, criticize Malloy and the legislation who developed it.

Sorry David. I wasn't making a political statement - just saying that even a company that can claim growth cuts costs. It's not some rare quality.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Sorry David. I wasn't making a political statement - just saying that even a company that can claim growth cuts costs. It's not some rare quality.

I totally agree with that.

In more interesting news, D.But just had a pick 6.....

Reaction Score
Not quite sure how that is Eyeore. Someone coming into a job and cutting costs? Do you guys have jobs?

Moving the West Hartford campus when it needs $25 million dollars worth of work tells you nothing more than they don't have $25 million to spend.

It isn't focus, it has nothing to do with how she is going to handle the football program. It's expensive and they don't have the money. Anyone can cut costs - literally anyone.

Obama?

Reaction Score
You've never shot a gun have you?

Ha! I actually had written "finger". Then, without thinking about the technical aspects of using an actual gun, I decided that in metaphorically taking out PP and GDL it was only appropriate that she use her "middle finger" for the act.

Reaction Score
Lakers can Brown after last season they underperformed, get better talent this year and after 5 games of 82 game season decide "do it know". It's never too early to act when you decide it is necessary. Owe Brown a bundle of money. Lakers want to win KNOW. Uconn should want to win KNOW. Have better QB, defense, same RB and better WR's than last year and will be quite an accomplishment to get to last years record of 5-7. There is no growth, learning for this crew of coaches - not a 27 year old Pitino but a 63 year old Bobby Cremins. We are seeing every day that PP is as a coach. Get on with the task at hand, winning football requires a better head coach. The fact we also have Deleone is as Forrest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does."

Reaction Score
I'll bite. Hope you're right. While hardly rocket science to move to Downtown, it is certainly more intelligent than staying in West Hartford which does not need the spark that the deathly hallows of Hartford needs. They will attract more funding by sucking up economic development dollars currently pissed away in Hartford on zero return projects, cut expenses, and also create some residential proximity to the Rent and HCC over the long term. Storrs is over flowing so sending kids downtown into residential space creates the kind of enviroment thats needed to keep the city moving after 6:00 PM other than smack sellers and indigents patrolling the streets for some spare change.

Reaction Score
You've never shot a gun have you? (FWIW, I agreed with the rest of your post)
Maybe he is missing a pointer finger? Just kidding, your post made me chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom