Why can't | The Boneyard

Why can't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We have a husky dog statue in our locker room of the pf like the one on campus kids take pics of while on tours. Look up the Florida gator in the locker room for a example. Put a nice background pic of a packed rent under the lights in the background and a table there with our new "cool" helmets. Let kids throw our jersey on and let's get some cool gloves they can wear. Every kid on a tour would love to take a photo like that for there social media and to send to writers and blogs following recruiting. Kids do it everywhere now. It's just one of those means nothing grand scale but lightens the mood things that works when recruiting 16 year olds. Every time I look to do a quick dig on a prospect I get sick to my stomachs looking at a temple pic or a md pic or a PSU pic etc etc. heck some kids the past couple years have been so desperate to do this that they after tours go back to the outside husky to snap one. I have honestly only seen about 5 prospects the past couple years who have taken snap shots with either a uniform on or in front of a pic in the of where it looked somewhat set up. It angers me. Here is the kicker, when sites write about these kids or when they commit, there is already a public picture of the kid at uconn Ina jersey or with gloves on etc. this happens everywhere. Just not uconn.....it must be a behavior/apr/gap/ivyleaguehighhorse thing I'm just not aware of. Vandy and stamford do it so we shouldn't. Typical uconn, 10 years and a penis behind.

Reaction Score
We have a husky dog statue in our locker room of the pf like the one on campus kids take pics of while on tours. Look up the Florida gator in the locker room for a example. Put a nice background pic of a packed rent under the lights in the background and a table there with our new "cool" helmets. Let kids throw our jersey on and let's get some cool gloves they can wear. Every kid on a tour would love to take a photo like that for there social media and to send to writers and blogs following recruiting. Kids do it everywhere now. It's just one of those means nothing grand scale but lightens the mood things that works when recruiting 16 year olds. Every time I look to do a quick dig on a prospect I get sick to my stomachs looking at a temple pic or a md pic or a PSU pic etc etc. heck some kids the past couple years have been so desperate to do this that they after tours go back to the outside husky to snap one. I have honestly only seen about 5 prospects the past couple years who have taken snap shots with either a uniform on or in front of a pic in the of where it looked somewhat set up. It angers me. Here is the kicker, when sites write about these kids or when they commit, there is already a public picture of the kid at uconn Ina jersey or with gloves on etc. this happens everywhere. Just not uconn.....it must be a behavior/apr/gap/ivyleaguehighhorse thing I'm just not aware of. Vandy and stamford do it so we shouldn't. Typical uconn, 10 years and a penis behind.
Have you ever been in the practice facility? There is atleast 20 photo spots in the lobby alone.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah, nothing in here to make a decent photo background!

burton-2-300x228.jpg

Rotary%20Pic%202.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
U guys don't get it. Anyone can walk in and take a pic of the freaking wall in the entry way. When recruits go to school they get all access and really get the home feeling. Part of that is being able to just walk around the locker room and play around. Kids look at how lockers are kept. They comment on such crazy silly things like " hey uconn players hand there jerseys on the right side of there lockers. At temple the coach there has players hang them on the left with shoes on top......" Kids get a feel for all of that. Putting on the jersey is a nice cap off. It's the I like this place and its on my list. I'm taking a pic of me in this schools coolest jersey and sending it to my friends, teammates and hs coach. It's going on twitter and beat writers are getting it when they ask about the visit. It's special because its in the locker room where not anyone can walk in and snap a pic. School who give a crap have a locker or just some type of closet room or rack with every single freaking number jersey possible with uni combos so that each recruit can enjoy it to the max. Oh u wear number 49 in hs? Hey we got that number so throw it on! That Congo goes a lot better then well we have a blank jersey over here or a number 6 you can check out. It's all about having recruits thru out the day in a completely positive state of mind. From the ice in there drink to the jersey picture. The less negative thoughts all day make them feel more positive. It's a mind game with kids. We're not winning it.

This is why this school is screwed. U guys want recruits to take pictures on the stairs of the hallway walking into the place. While other schools are literally handing kids cash and begging them to put a cool jersey on in the locker room. Real good idea u clowns. The latest example is recruit trey knock. Go look at his twitter pics of temple, Ruty and bc. Down south they do this much better but these schools are trying. We can wash them away if we just gave a dam a little bit....

Reaction Score
U guys don't get it. Anyone can walk in and take a pic of the freaking wall in the entry way. When recruits go to school they get all access and really get the home feeling. Part of that is being able to just walk around the locker room and play around. Kids look at how lockers are kept. They comment on such crazy silly things like " hey uconn players hand there jerseys on the right side of there lockers. At temple the coach there has players hang them on the left with shoes on top......" Kids get a feel for all of that. Putting on the jersey is a nice cap off. It's the I like this place and its on my list. I'm taking a pic of me in this schools coolest jersey and sending it to my friends, teammates and hs coach. It's going on twitter and beat writers are getting it when they ask about the visit. It's special because its in the locker room where not anyone can walk in and snap a pic. School who give a crap have a locker or just some type of closet room or rack with every single freaking number jersey possible with uni combos so that each recruit can enjoy it to the max. Oh u wear number 49 in hs? Hey we got that number so throw it on! That Congo goes a lot better then well we have a blank jersey over here or a number 6 you can check out. It's all about having recruits thru out the day in a completely positive state of mind. From the ice in there drink to the jersey picture. The less negative thoughts all day make them feel more positive. It's a mind game with kids. We're not winning it.

This is why this school is screwed. U guys want recruits to take pictures on the stairs of the hallway walking into the place. While other schools are literally handing kids cash and begging them to put a cool jersey on in the locker room. Real good idea u clowns. The latest example is recruit trey knock. Go look at his twitter pics of temple, Ruty and bc. Down south they do this much better but these schools are trying. We can wash them away if we just gave a dam a little bit....

I actually agree with you to a degree. Yes, we should be making recruiting visits a bit more of an experience for the kids, and getting them subliminally thinking about wearing UConn jerseys on the field. However, the kids who are not impressed by that kind of crap are those who are mature and want to work and improve themselves as football players. Winning ugly is better than losing while looking good. I want them in our jerseys. Not kids who walk around mugging BC jerseys, ignoring the fact that the fetid stench of ineptitude on that jersey is renowned. Get me the kids who care about winning first, and who believe UConn is the best place for them to be the best they can be. Then I will worry about whether there is a jersey in a cool place.

Also, there has to be a value in doing something differently than everyone else. If we do the exact same things as Rutgers does, then why is a New Jersey kid going to look at UConn differently? Why would they come here when they can just stay home, and get what appears to be the same thing?

Let's worry about putting out an exciting offense. Let T.J. Weist work with the offense and see if we can get a product on the field that makes high-caliber offensive players excited about playing in it. It is no coincidence that 6 RBs choose to sign up to play for Dana Holgerson. Being a successful team with an exciting brand of football will impress a recruit far more than whether there is a hat in their "pretend" locker.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I actually agree with you to a degree. Yes, we should be making recruiting visits a bit more of an experience for the kids, and getting them subliminally thinking about wearing UConn jerseys on the field. However, the kids who are not impressed by that kind of crap are those who are mature and want to work and improve themselves as football players. Winning ugly is better than losing while looking good. I want them in our jerseys. Not kids who walk around mugging BC jerseys, ignoring the fact that the fetid stench of ineptitude on that jersey is renowned. Get me the kids who care about winning first, and who believe UConn is the best place for them to be the best they can be. Then I will worry about whether there is a jersey in a cool place.

Also, there has to be a value in doing something differently than everyone else. If we do the exact same things as Rutgers does, then why is a New Jersey kid going to look at UConn differently? Why would they come here when they can just stay home, and get what appears to be the same thing?

Let's worry about putting out an exciting offense. Let T.J. Weist work with the offense and see if we can get a product on the field that makes high-caliber offensive players excited about playing in it. It is no coincidence that 6 RBs choose to sign up to play for Dana Holgerson. Being a successful team with an exciting brand of football will impress a recruit far more than whether there is a hat in their "pretend" locker.

I want hardworking lunch pail kids just like u. But there is nothing wrong with making sure they get the rock star treatment. They get it elsewhere. If they commit to uconn over let's say bc because in the end they are hardworking kids who like our pf and nfl draft results lately then that's that. The jersey and bit of hs flash is just gravy on there visit. Other kids who like the gear and stuff, we now look a bit more up to date with. It's a no lose. No kid is going to walk out of uconn and say, they are to cool for me.

I am worried about this type of stuff because I am worried about everything about this program. Not a lot is being done right as far as media, perception, selling, marketing, showing and swagging. In college u have to put the whole puzzle together. Money, perception and recruiting are the gold 3 things. Everything college wise falls under one of those 3 things. U want AAU staus? Then you have to find grants($) and get good workers and students(recruiting). U want to play big boy football etc etc....everything is those 3. We lack them. We will continue to lack all of them until this leadership is gone and we get leadership from real personnel that have experience from other schools that matter.

Today I read besides the game vs bc in a tney this fall for bball warde is working on a bc series in bball. For no one here to stand up says it all. You all lack pride and a sack. I would rather play bumfucc Montana every year for the rest of our schools life then give them a OOC game and let them profit off a national program that they have continued to try to destroy. How dare every single one of you support this guy. We're here because of JC and our hate of bc. Now we're going to play nice and help them? noise and f any of u who support that jack wagon of a ad we got.

Reaction Score
I want hardworking lunch pail kids just like u. But there is nothing wrong with making sure they get the rock star treatment. They get it elsewhere. If they commit to uconn over let's say bc because in the end they are hardworking kids who like our pf and nfl draft results lately then that's that. The jersey and bit of hs flash is just gravy on there visit. Other kids who like the gear and stuff, we now look a bit more up to date with. It's a no lose. No kid is going to walk out of uconn and say, they are to cool for me.

I am worried about this type of stuff because I am worried about everything about this program. Not a lot is being done right as far as media, perception, selling, marketing, showing and swagging. In college u have to put the whole puzzle together. Money, perception and recruiting are the gold 3 things. Everything college wise falls under one of those 3 things. U want AAU staus? Then you have to find grants($) and get good workers and students(recruiting). U want to play big boy football etc etc....everything is those 3. We lack them. We will continue to lack all of them until this leadership is gone and we get leadership from real personnel that have experience from other schools that matter.

Today I read besides the game vs bc in a tney this fall for bball warde is working on a bc series in bball. For no one here to stand up says it all. You all lack pride and a sack. I would rather play bumfucc Montana every year for the rest of our schools life then give them a OOC game and let them profit off a national program that they have continued to try to destroy. How dare every single one of you support this guy. We're here because of JC and our hate of bc. Now we're going to play nice and help them? noise and f any of u who support that jack wagon of a ad we got.

It all takes time. I agree that we should pump ourselves up much more loudly than we have been doing. The school is taking the right steps, and has the state behind it in order to continue to grow academically. Our candidacy for the AAU is getting stronger, and while it probably will take time, it is still on the correct pace. UConn is the best remaining chip in the game, and making sure we stay that way is the critical tactical goal we must have.

What we need is a national buzz in football. Get people talking about UConn. Even the negative publicity leading into the Fiesta Bowl was better than nothing. National pundits were discussing UConn football, and that is a win, even if the pub is bad (we are all aware of Amanda Bynes again, so it works!). The problem is really this: Massive national brands such as Ohio State football, Kentucky and UNC basketball have built their brand recognition over 50+ years. While UConn has caught up and outpaced them in recent years, we are still Novae Riche to the rest of the country, only climbing to the top in the last 25 or so years.

We can build this football program, but it takes a few things: 1) continue to get good home and homes. We are already talking about Tennessee, UVA, Boise, and BYU, let alone Michigan. There is buzz about the schedule, even if it is loaded with drecks on the back end. UConn fans turn out for big games. It really works like this: Men's basketball is a major, nationally relevant program. Fans come to UConn vs. Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, etc. However, who cares about seeing Cuse or Pitt's football team? No one, because they are not important teams. If we do not sell out Michigan I will be very concerned. 2) Win those fecundity games. You can't sit at the big boy table without beating the big boys. Winning games, and being nationally relevant will only help UConn get better national coverage, and make kids consistenly aware that UConn has a good program. 3) Sell the growth potential. UConn has won two big east titles in the 10 years they have been FBS. This despite having the lowest rated recruiting classes, residing in a state that does not historically produce much FBS talent, and having to compete for those recruits with programs that can say we are in the ACC, B1G, SEC, etc. Give UConn a conference that kids want to play for, the exceptional facilities, and the support of the administration, and imagine what they can do.

I have my complaints too as far as what WM has done at times, but I also do think that there isn't much that could have been done in November. They absolutely should not have allowed the national coverage to pump up Louisville the way it did and marginalize us, but I just don't think it would have mattered in the end. The one time the ACC swallows its academic pride, we get left out. It is a shame, but it speaks to the problems that the ACC had at the time. We were not going to improve the football profile in their view, and they chose the school they thought did that. That was a defensive move, and signals fear. We were caught in the worst possible circumstance there. However, WM is getting good opponents, and while he certainly needs to do more, I am happy with the progress of the hockey hire, the push for lax, the continued success of the soccer and baseball teams.

We need to think positively as a fanbase, and rally behind the school more now than ever. I am not 100% behind everything Warde has done, but the only people in control of realignment reside in conference offices. We move to the beat of their drum. The best thing for us, is to make sure we make enough noise that they have to hear us.

Reaction Score
oh, and btw, I have not welcomed you back to the 'yard HFD. Welcome back, happy to have you posting again!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I am worried about this type of stuff because I am worried about everything about this program.

And all this time I thought is was because you are crazy. And ignorant. And naive.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it was as an OP or in someone else's thread but I swear I've read that exact post before.

Reaction Score
Too bad we didn't do it differently. Then all of those players would have come to UCONN and ended up in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom