Why can't we get a sack? | The Boneyard

Why can't we get a sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought we had found something that worked last week against Michigan. Now were back to the opposing QB having enough time to do the NY times crossword while in the pocket. WTF is going on?

Reaction Score
Hank decided to go back to his tried but true pass rush of down lineman only!

Reaction Score
We def blitzed smallwood at least once. Can't wait for the second half to see what pain is in store for me.

Reaction Score
I thought we had found something that worked last week against Michigan. Now were back to the opposing QB having enough time to do the NY times crossword while in the pocket. WTF is going on?

Because Buffalo has an O-line coach. doesn't that sound wonderful?

Reaction Score
I think there are a ton of issues causing the lack of pass rush:

• Lack of speed off the edge. We just don't have a Trevardo Williams on the line. Jesse Joseph is a solid end, but I think the injury has sapped his explosiveness.
  • Lack of options to rush from LB. No one has really stepped up in this area. I though Rueben Frank showed promise v. Michigan, but he dissapeared v. Buffalo. I think Smallwood can be a beast rushing the passer, but since we need him so bad at LB on passing downs, he hasn't been asked to rush that much. Donohue looks like he is running in quick sand. Stewart showed absolutely nothing before his injury.
  • No push up the middle. And I mean none. The Buffalo QB had the perfect pocket to step into because our DT cannot generate any semblance of a rush. Would like to see Mikal Myers out there more in obvious passing situations. They don't need to sack the qb, they don't even need to get a hurry. They simply need to push the pocket about one yard. They haven't shown the ability to do that.
  • Horrible scheme/Lack of imagination on passing downs. We have discussed this ad naseum.

Reaction Score
Because under PP, the level of talent has diminished to the level that the offense has maintained for so long. It would be OK for the CAA, but not for BCS Power 5 football. And dispite what people have been deluding themselves into believing, PP is not any better at recruiting then he is at motivating players or making half-time adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom