Whose feeling confident that our seniors get sent off the right way? | The Boneyard

Whose feeling confident that our seniors get sent off the right way?

Reaction Score
When their class came in as freshman, Geno commented that the three of Paige, Nika and Aaliyah were "players" and were going to have an impact. It was a large freshman class, and now as seniors they are the only three remaining - but what a three they have been! When the time comes each will have left their mark on the greatest wcbb program in history. Whether they leave after this upcoming season after bringing home #12, stay their covid year possibly add #13 or in Paige's case, one more year for #14 - who isn't feeling pretty confident that this class restores the tradition of seniors leaving Uconn with at least one title under their belt?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When their class came in as freshman, Geno commented that the three of Paige, Nika and Aaliyah were "players" and were going to have an impact. It was a large freshman class, and now as seniors they are the only three remaining - but what a three they have been! When the time comes each will have left their mark on the greatest wcbb program in history. Whether they leave after this upcoming season after bringing home #12, stay their covid year possibly add #13 or in Paige's case, one more year for #14 - who isn't feeling pretty confident that this class restores the tradition of seniors leaving Uconn with at least one title under their belt?
Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Reaction Score
Each year, I am always hopeful that at the end of the year, UConn WBB are celebrating with a title. Like someone stated, we will need luck, everyone staying healthy, players understanding that for the team to be great, each player has to turn up their competitive nature, and lastly, everyone embracing their roles on the team and coming out on the floor with a level of courage unseen before.

Too many players hold back their play. Being fearful of going all out. Playing too cute. Worrying about making mistakes or looking silly, or missing a shot. If during practice, the players are healthy, hopefully they are going all out. That is just going to help push whoever the starters are to keep wanting to get better because they know that they got some players that want minutes on the floor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sure looks like this team is built to reach a minimum of the semi-finals again............comes down to good health and some luck........it's about time UConn gets a bit of both..........
It's June. We haven't seen anything of this team except yet a few 10-15 second "tease" videos. Plus all of the pieces (injured/recuperating players) are not back with full contact clearance yet. It is not lost on me that there will be several other teams this coming season that will vie for the championship and will give UConn a serious run for their money. We must watch out and be on guard for the "Ohio States" in the tournament field next year. As talented as UConn will be this year, it WILL NOT be a walk in the park.

UConn will have to "aggressively" take what they want.
Teams no longer fear UConn as in days of yore. Even some conference teams (Marquette, Villanova & St. Johns) no longer fear UConn. Pardon me, but I just can't get excited about the possible fortunes of our team in June. I'm guessing that the other top 10 teams will field competitive teams this year as well, and thus should not be taken lightly.

I need to see what they have and how viable they are before I crown UConn......in June. No doubt UConn will see South Carolina and LSU somewhere along the way in the tournament next year. I'll bet my turban and cape on that. There will be other teams they'll have to beat before they get to that point.

Remember we were humbled last year in game 3 of the tournament. I agree that at the very minimum, this team should reach the final four. March is 9 months away. Lots of things can happen between now and then. Let's not look that far down the road, but rather focus on games scheduled in the first and second week of November. :cool: Those tournament games in March will take care of themselves.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, I have no idea. These players could leave in 2024: Aubrey, Paige, Nika, Aaliyah, and Azzi. These players have to leave in 2024: no one. So, I don't know which players will be sent off. I hope we win, but we may not lose anyone.

Reaction Score
You’ll excuse me if I don’t join the doubters who, after one time coming up short of the FF after 14 consecutive appearances, (that absence, I might add, coming after a two year series of injuries the likes of which I have never seen in my life), are now questioning the potential of the most talented roster (on paper) we’ve had in many years!

A roster that is returning Paige, (who by herself is justification enough to warrant great expectations), Azzi, Caroline, and Ice + 4 extremely talented freshmen, not to mention an improved Aaliyah, a more mature and healthy Aubrey, ditto Ayanna, a fully comfortable Ines, and a healthy, hopefully hungrier Amari! All that, and a little something we like to call Nika Muhl!

As most posters have said repeatedly, all of these positive projections are based on the (reasonable) assumption that we will finally see a healthy roster. Sure, LSU has a talented roster, SC (while likely somewhat diminished) will still be tough, there is more true parity than we’ve seen in years (perhaps ever) but make no mistake, Marquette, Villanova, and St John’s still fear UConn! When a bully has beaten on you daily for 24+ days then catches a cold and skips a day, you don’t suddenly delude yourself that he is no longer a threat. There may be one, perhaps two teams that don’t fear us but even they have a very healthy respect for us!

I am very aware that talk is cheap and the team has to produce the goods but I think UConn has demonstrated a level of consistency and excellence over the past 15 years that warrants the assumption/expectation (with a healthy roster and coaching staff) that the Ohio State loss ( kudos to them) was an aberration and we will return next season to the standard of a FF meaning UConn and three others!

This team is fully loaded for bear and deserves, yes deserves, the usual, traditional high expectations that UConn teams have become accustomed to! My expectations for this team are very high and I am prepared to argue that they are totally warranted! If something happens that prevents them from achieving those expectations, well, I’ll deal with it then. For now, I’m having way too much fun dreaming about #12!

Reaction Score
Paige is athleticaly a junior redshirst this coming year, so she could have 2024-25 as a senior and 2025-26 as covid year.
And she is eligible for the 2024 WNBA draft, but it could be 2025 or 2026.

Reaction Score
The most positive June indicator I see is the prospect of full practices. This has been lacking for the past 2 years. This is what those shiny new freshmen mean to me. A UConn team that can practice UConn basketball is what I have confidence in.

Reaction Score
The most positive June indicator I see is the prospect of full practices. This has been lacking for the past 2 years. This is what those shiny new freshmen mean to me. A UConn team that can practice UConn basketball is what I have confidence in.
Didn't they have a full practice last June? Who was missing? Maybe Aubrey wasn't fully recovered from her back surgery yet?

Reaction Score
Didn't they have a full practice last June? Who was missing? Maybe Aubrey wasn't fully recovered from her back surgery yet?
Indeed. I’m sure they had a few. But there were hardly any full practices during the season because of injuries. You can’t run a full practice with only 7 players, which was the situation much of the year.

Reaction Score
I’m usually cautious, but I feel strongly that UConn will win a title if Paige and Azzi are healthy. They also have a decent bench.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna make any predictions, but I'm really excited for this season.

I've been itching to see Ice play in a UConn uniform. I'm hoping she'll slide right into the mix and soon get 15-30 minutes a game. I hope Jana competes for time with her. And that Ayanna makes the sophomore leap we're all anticipating.

And I'm one of those who loves having two point guards on the floor. If Inês makes a sophomore leap and KK is as good as everyone here says she is, UConn will have four point guards and can have two on the floor at all times. I'm REALLY excited by that prospect.

The other thing that excites me is that in most games nobody will have to play more than 25-30 minutes. Those kids all looked exhausted at the end of last year. Geno cut back on practice time -- between that and the sapped energy, it eventually took its toll. It will allow Nika (and I think Inês) to pressure the ball in the back court, which I think UConn seriously missed last year.

Reaction Score
It's June. We haven't seen anything of this team except yet a few 10-15 second "tease" videos. Plus all of the pieces (injured/recuperating players) are not back with full contact clearance yet. It is not lost on me that there will be several other teams this coming season that will vie for the championship and will give UConn a serious run for their money. We must watch out and be on guard for the "Ohio States" in the tournament field next year. As talented as UConn will be this year, it WILL NOT be a walk in the park.

UConn will have to "aggressively" take what they want.
Teams no longer fear UConn as in days of yore. Even some conference teams (Marquette, Villanova & St. Johns) no longer fear UConn. Pardon me, but I just can't get excited about the possible fortunes of our team in June. I'm guessing that the other top 10 teams will field competitive teams this year as well, and thus should not be taken lightly.

I need to see what they have and how viable they are before I crown UConn......in June. No doubt UConn will see South Carolina and LSU somewhere along the way in the tournament next year. I'll bet my turban and cape on that. There will be other teams they'll have to beat before they get to that point.

Remember we were humbled last year in game 3 of the tournament. I agree that at the very minimum, this team should reach the final four. March is 9 months away. Lots of things can happen between now and then. Let's not look that far down the road, but rather focus on games scheduled in the first and second week of November. :cool: Those tournament games in March will take care of themselves.
What I am hoping to see in the November games is the return to "winning the play in front of you" whether it is on offense OR {most importantly early in the season when the offensive is less 'pretty'} on defense {which tends to feed the offense}.

The more players who can shoot well from anywhere will help the offense side of the equation for the technical offense the Huskies run come together quickly. The ability to cause fast breaks from defensive stops tends to keep the players healthy {most of our women's injuries came in the 'grind it out' half-court offensive sets - Paige's plateau fracture being the exception}.

I, for one, will be praying for health, strength, endurance, and energy for all of the Huskies to "win the play in front of them" and the playing time, wins, and final results of the 2023-2024 season (still playing in April in Cleveland, OH...) will all take care of themselves!!!

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
OT: One of my favorite lines out of "Unforgiven" is Little Bill replying to the fourth person who told him, "I thought you were dead!" Little Bill deadpanly said, "I thought I was dead too, but it turns out, I was in Nebraska."

Reaction Score
I'm trying to maintain some semblance of rationality...............lots of good teams out there.......:)

Reaction Score
It's the deepest roster in many years, with no tansfers, just recruiting for the future to continue the present

Reaction Score
And if UCONN has their record for consecutives Final Four or Elite 8 appearances terminated, they still have a record to be more, the consecutives Sweet 16

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm trying to maintain some semblance of rationality...............lots of good teams out there.......:)
They haven't seen the real UConn team in 3 years. Seeing the others beat UConn the last 2, and the way they celebrated made me sick. This year is about redemption, and any team in their way will be curling up in a corner when we are finished with them. Taking no prisoners this year, and I will enjoy every minute of it. Go Huskies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom