Who's gonna guard DeAndre Kane? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's gonna guard DeAndre Kane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see who starts for both teams an how both coaches adjust.

Boat or Bazz will see time on Kane, maybe not a lot but it will happen. I don't see how Ollie can stop that. If ISU goes "big" who defends Boat and Bazz?

I guess it will start with:

Bazz - Morris
Boat - Thomas
Giffey - Kane
Daniels - Ejim
Nolan - Hogue

This is relatively decent matchups for UConn. It does allow ISU to invert the offense with Hogue but I'd rather Ejim and Hogue launching than Kane or Long.

If Edozie starts than:
Bazz - Kane
Boat - Morris
Giffey - Hogue
Daniels - Ejim
Nolan - Edozie

I guess Napier and Giffey could switch but Hogue would be a bad matchup also for Napier. The plus here is that Edozie isn't really an offensive threat. So it will be tempting to help in the post with Nolan and let Edozie open, if they pull him from the basket. If they don't then Nolan still gets to stay near the rim, though dump off passes are an issue.

Long would be the only other guy to worry about starting. I guess they could start him instead of Edozie and Thomas but I think they like his instant offense off the bench.

Giffey can't matchup - plays with his arms on D rather than his feet plus UConn needs him on the boards
Can't afford Bazz to get cheap fouls - forget Boat he is a terrible man to man defender
That leaves Kromah and TSam - that's 10 fouls and pray TSam doesn't make stupid freshman mistakes

I think UConn has a really good chance of beating this team - the mojo is with the blue and white
ISU ran on adrenaline last weekend after their top scorer went out - the reaction may be different Friday

Let's go UConn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Our ISU friends have said that they'll probably go with Morris (6'1) and Long (6'3) in the backcourt along with Kane. Boat and Bazz should be able to handle them (or at least do no worse than usual).

Against UNC, in order to match their size, ISU went big, with Edozie at the 5 and Kane getting a lot of minutes at the 2. I don't think they'll do that against us.

Edozie started and saw more minutes but he only played 16 total. You will see Hogue and Ejim at the 4/5 most of the time.

About half way through the season Kane switched mostly to the 2 with Morris running the point more. You will see both running the point about the same amount with niang being out. Long will play more of the three. I imagine you see Morris and Long on Napier and Boat. Both are our best defenders and that gives Kane a rest on the defensive end. He has the size to guard the three inside or out. Ejim on Daniels and Hogue/Edozie on Brimah/Nolan

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see who starts for both teams an how both coaches adjust.

Boat or Bazz will see time on Kane, maybe not a lot but it will happen. I don't see how Ollie can stop that. If ISU goes "big" who defends Boat and Bazz?

I guess it will start with:

Bazz - Morris
Boat - Thomas
Giffey - Kane
Daniels - Ejim
Nolan - Hogue

This is relatively decent matchups for UConn. It does allow ISU to invert the offense with Hogue but I'd rather Ejim and Hogue launching than Kane or Long.

If Edozie starts than:
Bazz - Kane
Boat - Morris
Giffey - Hogue
Daniels - Ejim
Nolan - Edozie

I guess Napier and Giffey could switch but Hogue would be a bad matchup also for Napier. The plus here is that Edozie isn't really an offensive threat. So it will be tempting to help in the post with Nolan and let Edozie open, if they pull him from the basket. If they don't then Nolan still gets to stay near the rim, though dump off passes are an issue.

Long would be the only other guy to worry about starting. I guess they could start him instead of Edozie and Thomas but I think they like his instant offense off the bench.
Thomas won't start and won't play much more than 15 mintes

Reaction Score
-----------------------------------------
I'm expecting starting lineups to look like this...

Long- Bazz
Morris- Boat
Kane- Kromah or Giffey
Ejim- Daniels
Hogue- Nolan or Brimah
I think they start Edozie but Long will play more minutes

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Hoiberg will be that accommodating. Starting Edozie forces a horrible mismatch on UConn at the guard position, with ISUs best player. Of course he may view the Hogue - Nolan mismatch as just as good. I think UConn sticks with its last 5 game starting unit.
I think Fred will like both of those mismatches and I think that is what he will try to attack all game. Go small and have Kane against a smaller guard or go big and have Hogue attack

Reaction Score
I think Fred will like both of those mismatches and I think that is what he will try to attack all game. Go small and have Kane against a smaller guard or go big and have Hogue attack

Sounds like we're duck___d either way. Can we forfeit?

Reaction Score
VMycwEA.jpg

Reaction Score
Deandre Kane is very similar to Kilpatrick, except Kane's a bit bigger and stronger with a better supporting cast. I expect T-Sam/Kromah/Niels on him most of the night.

There's no way Boat or Bazz can stay in front of him.
I sure hope Samuel won't be the one guarding him because that would mean our starters failed. If they play 3 guards it could be Giffey/Kromah but I expect Boat to get the call early.

Reaction Score
Deandre Kane seems to have a little William Wallace in him.
Does he blow "fire balls from his arse!"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Deandre Kane seems to have a little William Wallace in him.
Does he blow "fire balls from his arse!"

That would be "bolts of lightening from his arse". Fireballs came from the eyes.

Fire balls from his arse is funny though.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
That would be "bolts of lightening from his arse". Fireballs came from the eyes.

Fire balls from his arse is funny though.

Had those yesterday, nothing to write home about

Reaction Score
i wonder how much we will utilize the 1-3-1 zone we have been mixing in for stretches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom