Who'd You Get? | The Boneyard

Who'd You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For the #firediaco crowd, who'd you go after?

I'd reach out to TJ Weist. He was handed a real , didn't complain, didn't blame players or the previous staff. He rolled up his sleeves and within 6 weeks in mid-season, he had a 21st C offense that was exciting and utilized his players skills.

Reaction Score
Weist or a succesful MAC offensive coach.

Diaco gets the rest of the season and this team could be good. They,showed it today but man he was bad today.

Reaction Score
For the #firediaco crowd, who'd you go after?

I'd reach out to TJ Weist. He was handed a real , didn't complain, didn't blame players or the previous staff. He rolled up his sleeves and within 6 weeks in mid-season, he had a 21st C offense that was exciting and utilized his players skills.
He needs someone that has a knowledge of running an offense. Bob is just a cheerleader. Someone better on defense and special teams too. This was a winnable game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'll keep saying it, Joe Moorhead. TJ's spread was nice, but Joe has both a great offensive mind and a four season-long track record of winning games as HC.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
People are also forgetting that Weist had his own issues with clock management (remember the end of that USF game?). Obviously things improved over the next seven games, but I want our next guy to be able to make the right decision in his sleep.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
People are also forgetting that Weist had his own issues with clock management (remember the end of that USF game?). Obviously things improved over the next seven games, but I want our next guy to be able to make the right decision in his sleep.

Agree TJ screwed the pooch against USF. Difference is he learned. Three years in and Diaco is still making the same mistakes.

Reaction Score
If they would pay him $3 million a year -- I would get Lane Kiffin as UConn's head coach.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
What is this word "improve" when applied to clock management? After 2+ years of Diaco I don't understand the concept.

Reaction Score
Give me TJ. No nonsense, good offensive mind, short sleeved hard nosed real deal that gets players playing from snap 1.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Art Briles. Show them we will cut corners for football success like the P5 desires.

I was reading the Rutgers board this morning and they were complaining about the new coach claiming the last regime sucked on conditioning and he was going to make it a priority. Then they looked small and slow in the first game. Reminded me of Diaco.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I doubt we have the money in our piggy bank to pay Briles, but if so, it's not even a question. He'd bring a brand of fun, winning football, that people would pay to watch.

Reaction Score
Both TJ and Joe Moorehead would be better. USF is blowing out Northern Illinois right now on CBSSN with their former FCS coach. Their offense look much more dynamic than ours.

There are plenty of coaches that would love to get this job that's better than Diaco with in-game coaching. I am pissed he is using us as hid guinea pig on learning football 101.

Reaction Score
Hiring edsall now would be like hiring P. Old, failed at last job.

Not to mention that I remember too many games that ended just like this one when Edsall was that the helm. It's actually super weird. I used to get upset at these kinds of loses...but now it feels like home?

Reaction Score
I'll take anyone Benedict can bring in from Auburn or the SEC.... Disco should be on the clock at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom