Who wins the ACC? | The Boneyard

Who wins the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Unlike last year when ND ran threw the ACC games with little problem on route to an undefeated slate, this year's ACC contest is proving to be very competitive and could well go down to the final game before a regular season champ is crowned. The champ could well be the same as last year, but it is a three team race at this point with ND, FSU, and Louisville all at 7-1 and with even Duke at 6-2 and Miami at 5-2 still having an outside shot of getting a share of the title.

Since home games always seem to be the key for just about all contests, that is the key point to focus on. ND's schedule set up very well this year for them both in the home game setup against the single-game opponents and the pair of teams they play twice in the ACC's 16 game schedule. The state of predictive affairs:

1. Notre Dame. 5 of 8 remaining games are at home, and Georgia Tech and NC State (3-5 in ACC) are toughest road games unless the Irish act like Duke at BC (highly doubtful). Host Louisville and Duke as most challenging home games. Two home-and-home opponents were BC and Georgia Tech, so they got the easiest pair.

2. Florida State. Split remaining 8 games home and away. Toughest road games are at UNC and at Miami, and the Canes are undefeated in ACC play at home. Top home game testers are Syracuse and Miami. Doubled up on very easy Clemson but also got Miami, so overall it got the toughest pair of home-and-homes.

3. Louisville. Only 3 home games left and 5 on the road. With ND and Duke games remaining on road, the Cards have the toughest slate ahead. Home challenger is UNC. Got Pitt and Virginia for the double-ups and edged out Pitt earlier on the road, so it probably has survived the toughest challenge in its second hardest pair among the top three teams.

Both Duke and Miami will have a tough time catching up as they both have 5 road games left along with their 2 conference losses, though the Canes also have 4 home games left having played one game less at this point. Duke plays mainly the bottom teams on the road with the big exception of ND, and at home it has Louisville on Monday and UNC in the March 1 finale. Miami has FSU and Syracuse on the road and FSU and UNC for the home testers.

Prognosis: likely ND as regular season champ.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ND will win the regular season...... FSU will finish #2.

The key will be to secure a top 4 seed for the ACC tourney ... as you earn the all important double bye. I can see Duke finishing #3.... and I can also see them finishing #5 or 6th..... Cant see Louisville finishing any lower than 4th.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'd go with ND winning the regular season title, but FSU winning the conference tournament.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Who cares?
Maybe some WCBB fans, ones who who have the attention span of more than 2 seconds and who try to follow more than just one team knowing that the actions of the other 348 teams have some relevance to the Husky story. But right, who cares about any of the teams that will be winning conference titles and matching up against the Huskies for the top seeds? They're just nonentities.
------

FSU has certainly looked strong recently. With the ACCT in Greensboro, the site doesn't favor any of the top 3, though Duke and UNC fans have a comfortable distance.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Who cares?
And yet, you felt the need to post this. So, at least you cared enough to post this. If you really didn't care, you would not have bothered to post....

Reaction Score
And yet, you felt the need to post this. So, at least you cared enough to post this. If you really didn't care, you would not have bothered to post....
I love having these discussions about ND and the ACC here on the Boneyard. I just don't care about either one.

Reaction Score
I am also one who doesn't care who wins the ACC. I am not a fan of any team in the conference therefor I don't care which team wins. In response to the OP, I believe ND will win the ACC, but if one of the other teams win it is ok by me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the game monday night will decide who gets the #1 seed in the ACC tourney. If Duke loses... they will pretty much cement the #3 seed. Huge game sunday... UNC @ Louisville.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to go to Notre Dame, until the ACC teams prove they have the toughness to beat them. Until the UNC loss I thought FSU would have the best shot to unseat them. Now not so sure.

I find myself interested in who wins the ACC, SEC & PAC12, along with Baylor and Marylad the conference winners have a great chance at a #1 seed as long as they win both Regular Season and Conference Tournament title. I think the #1 seeds are really up in the air with the exception of UConn getting one. If the unlikely happens and UConn loses an AAC game, then UConn is not a lock for a #1 seed.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
More and more things seem to be working out for ND, at least during the regular season. But this could be a wild year for the ACCT, unlike last year when it seemed pretty set. As it stands, ND would be playing a top 40 then two top 10 teams to win the ACCT, so no easy feat down in Greensboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom