Who wins if WVU over Louisville to B12? | The Boneyard

Who wins if WVU over Louisville to B12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who would want WVU to go to the B12 over Louisville? Seems to me it's the BE basketball schools, Providence and ND. Why? The Boston Globe has reported that if Louisville goes, the basketball schools will split from the BE, so the basketball schools would stay if Louisville stays. This would be good for ND as it would mean there would remain a BE conference for their Olympic sports which is alsor good for the Commissioner in Providence who gets to keep his job.

You have to wonder if Providence, ND, and the basketball schools are pushing WVU to the B12 which is a worse scenario for BE football. It seems like all three would prefer the remaining BE football schools to downsize football as none of them care about BE football.

We have ND leading up football expansion and Providence captaining the ship. Both parties really don't care or want BE football to survive. We are in deep, deep, trouble.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't really see why the basketball schools would split if only Louisville left.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The rumor has been if UConn or Ville is gone they will want to split. I don't blame them, I'd pull the plug on that end if either of those schools were out.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The rumor has been if UConn or Ville is gone they will want to split. I don't blame them, I'd pull the plug on that end if either of those schools were out.
Us leaving, I get, but Louisville? There really isn't a shared history and a NE presence there.

Reaction Score
The basketball onlys would split because there would only one or two football schools that they would care about playing. Syracuse, UConn, Pitt, and Louisville were the schools the basketball onlys cared about playing. Cuse and Pitt are going, so if either UConn or Louisville leave the basketball onlys see no reason to stick with what the football portion of the conference becomes.

Reaction Score
Who would want WVU to go to the B12 over Louisville? Seems to me it's the BE basketball schools, Providence and ND. Why? The Boston Globe has reported that if Louisville goes, the basketball schools will split from the BE, so the basketball schools would stay if Louisville stays. This would be good for ND as it would mean there would remain a BE conference for their Olympic sports which is alsor good for the Commissioner in Providence who gets to keep his job.

You have to wonder if Providence, ND, and the basketball schools are pushing WVU to the B12 which is a worse scenario for BE football. It seems like all three would prefer the remaining BE football schools to downsize football as none of them care about BE football.

We have ND leading up football expansion and Providence captaining the ship. Both parties really don't care or want BE football to survive. We are in deep, deep, trouble.
Who wins? Why the one they choose of course. Duh.

Reaction Score
Us leaving, I get, but Louisville? There really isn't a shared history and a NE presence there.
Other than PC fans' not so secret love affair with the expeditious table spewer?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It leaves them with only 2 good basketball programs from the football schools and I imagine they don't think WVU is around for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom