Who will be the "badass" this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will be the "badass" this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
No one on this board advocates any form of dirty play. No one. Ever. Period.

The conception of a badass here is a player who combines clutch play, grit, toughness, mojo, and at least a tad of swagger. Bonus points for poise and finesse.

Think Diana, Shea, Jenn, Jamelle, and many others. No dirty players. Ever.

Reaction Score
Sonny, Kib totally agree.
We are a decent team. We have quality.....

Reaction Score
This team knows what they can do as individuals and a team...including the subs.
No one will intimidate them.

Reaction Score
Hey HGN, Sonny, Kib, Kaizen, RockyMTblue2 and others (I agree) - every starter and the team as a whole is badass. This was started by EricSan Diego if I am not mistaken.
However, I think each geographic area has a slightly different definition of "badass." In the neighborhoods of Philly a badass automatically connotes toughness, but also brings with it a negative bent. Stupid decisions and/or uncaring actions are part of the make-up. Spike was a badass, went up against the Nuns & flunked out of 8th grade; Butchy picked fights daily; Mickey would drink under the bridge every Friday and not take any guff from anyone; Patty Mullen huffed glue near Cobbs Creek and fought with the other badasses from Little Italy.
IMHO very UConn player is Hard Nosed. Each player has many key moments where the "hard nose" competitor comes out and no one can top it. Stewie is "hard core/hard nose" when she is asked to bang around with the Rutgers team. The ND game and her ankle injury proved how hard nosed she was. MO and Nurse banging heads was hard nosed (Pete Rose) competing.
Tuck coming back from the surgery/injury and giving it her all. KML had her hard nose moments when she was UNAFRAID and was willing to do what was necessary to win.
I will say this. If I was lining up the entire team because they are all hard core/hard nosed---I would put Nurse first in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom