Who will be our stats leaders? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will be our stats leaders?

Reaction Score
Who will be our year end leaders in ppg, rebounds, assists, 3s and steals.

My guesses:
Ppg- Newton
Rebounds total- Clingan
Assists total- Newton
Steals total- castle
3's- Cam

You can now rip apart my picks or...pick your own

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's probably basing it off what Spencer did in the Big 10 instead of a summer practice.
Averaged 13 in an easier conference to score with less scoring options. I’m fine with anyone disagreeing with my assessment. I just think Newton and Castle as his competition for scoring in the back court, have more ways to score than he does.

Reaction Score
Averaged 13 in an easier conference to score with less scoring options. I’m fine with anyone disagreeing with my assessment. I just think Newton and Castle as his competition for scoring in the back court, have more ways to score than he does.
And I was just pointing out he's probably judging it off of Spencer in the Big 10 instead of 1 summer practice. You're probably judging off of Castle playing against high school competition instead of 1 summer practice.

Reaction Score
Who will be our year end leaders in ppg, rebounds, assists, 3s and steals.

My guesses:
Ppg- Newton
Rebounds total- Clingan
Assists total- Newton
Steals total- castle
3's- Cam

You can now rip apart my picks or...pick your own

PPG: Newton
Rebounds: Clingan
Assists: Castle
Steals: Spencer
3’s: Spencer

Reaction Score
And I was just pointing out he's probably judging it off of Spencer in the Big 10 instead of 1 summer practice. You're probably judging off of Castle playing against high school competition instead of 1 summer practice.
His reputation and talk from the team and scouts at being a multi level, multi dimensional scorer who will have a lot of the ball from day 1.

Reaction Score
He put up 13 PPG in the Big Ten playing in one of the worst offenses possible, so I'm not worried about the transition to the BE at all. He is the best shooter on the team and with the pieces we are putting around him all drawing attention I would be shocked if he was only averaging 9PPG.
I’m not worried either. That’s not a “struggling” 9ppg prediction, that’s just me suggesting we have so many options that I think that’s around where he lands.

Reaction Score
His reputation and talk from the team and scouts at being a multi level, multi dimensional scorer who will have a lot of the ball from day 1.
Okay, so you're judging Castle off of what other people say about him and not what you've seen him do against high school competition.

Reaction Score
Okay, so you're judging Castle off of what other people say about him and not what you've seen him do against high school competition.
No, I have watched games and replays of his pretty consistently. I just think analysis from those who’s job it is to judge and those who play with him carry more weight than my own observations.

Do you have predictions of your own by the way?

Reaction Score
I’m not worried either. That’s not a “struggling” 9ppg prediction, that’s just me suggesting we have so many options that I think that’s around where he lands.
He is the best 3 point shooter in an offense designed to shoot a lot of 3s. He is going to be a top option.

Reaction Score
No, I have watched games and replays of his pretty consistently. I just think analysis from those who’s job it is to judge and those who play with him carry more weight than my own observations.

Do you have predictions of your own by the way?
Yep, I listed them earlier in the thread. I think Clingan will lead in ppg, rebs, blocks. Newton in assists. Spencer in 3's and steals.

Reaction Score
Yep, I listed them earlier in the thread. I think Clingan will lead in ppg, rebs, blocks. Newton in assists. Spencer in 3's and steals.
Then we are in agreement for the most part, at least surface level.

Reaction Score
He is the best 3 point shooter in an offense designed to shoot a lot of 3s. He is going to be a top option.
I agree, I think he’ll probably hit about 2 threes per game (as he averaged at Rutgers) and then 3-4 more points from other avenues.

Reaction Score
Then we are in agreement for the most part, at least surface level.
They could be scary good next season. I think it's going to be our best passing team ever. We passed it really well last year but Newton, Castle, Spencer, Karaban, Clingan, and Stewart are all plus passers. I don't know how teams are going to stop the lobs to Donovan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom