Who Will be Mystics Best Player? | The Boneyard

Who Will be Mystics Best Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Was this written by a UCONN fan?!!

Hartley is still a work-in-progress, and is still a bit turnover-prone. But if she does become the best guard in the 2014 Draft Class, like Pat Friday mentioned in his rookie rankings, she's going to be special. More special than Sims has been for the Shock. And definitely more special than Kayla McBride has been for the Stars with her game-winning ways.

He raved about her while pointing out she's a bit turnover prone. But still, high praise for Bria and well deserved!!

Reaction Score
I think Meesseman will be the first young person to become the best player on this team. She's only 21 years old, right? Already she has looked like she could do whatever she wanted if only for a quarter now and then. If she can get where she works with the guards and they get it to her way down low she can score more easy points. It'd be to her benefit if she could add a sky hook and quick turnaround jumper to her repertiore. Maybe an occasional alley-oop as well.

HGN

Reaction Score
Messeeman...........She is maturing as a player. Makes plays. And is always a threat for a double-double. In other words she brings it EVERY night. Plus , she is only 21 yrs old.

Bria is still streaky. Dolson has been a little slow out of the gate. And Tayler Hill hasn't played much. Much speculation surrounds Hill. In all honesty she played ok before the baby. But just ok. Not outstanding. No 30 point games. No 10 assist games. No double-doubles. In other words NO consistency. Until I can see consistency in production and effort from any player other than Messeeman , my choice for Mystics best player in the near future is Messeeman.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Messeeman has a lot of upside. I really enjoy watching her versatile style. She definitely has some Lauren Jackson qualities.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meesseman impresses me. Could be her. She's still very young.

Sorry, I don't see Tayler Hill.

Bria could be. I see her as good, but probably not the best.

I think Stef still has more to show. The game is a little fast for her at times, but she has a lot of upside and real skills. I think she needs to up her fitness, including strength, another notch or two.

Reaction Score
It's really not fair say any one of them will be the best. Between Emma, Bria and Stef they will be great to watch for years to come. The Mystics are a lot like the Sun. They're banking on two rookies for the future. Right now both teams are a work in progress.

Hard to tell which one (or both) will make the playoffs.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sorry to write this but
Stef looked heavy to me
at this afternoon's game.
Can't help her over-all performance.

Reaction Score
She'll be OK. Thibault's building the team around her, Meeseman and Bria.

Reaction Score
Sorry to write this but
Stef looked heavy to me
at this afternoon's game.
Can't help her over-all performance.
Even DT had to step up her conditioning when she got to the WNBA. I remember her being called "doughy". Stef's come a long way with her body, but she'll probably have to take it to the next level.

Reaction Score
My DVR recorded it so I watched the game tonight. I didn't think she'd gained any more weight than she has all WNBA season.

She played a pretty decent game. She and Meeseman are starting to work together well.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If anything, I think Stef looks a little more fit than she did when the UConn season ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom