Who was there for The Elite 8? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who was there for The Elite 8?

Reaction Score
View attachment IMG_1121.jpeg
IMG_1133.jpeg

Reaction Score
first time on the boneyard since i got back from boston (played some $1/$3 hold 'em at encore afterwards and spent the night) and still buzzing.

easily my favorite, in-person uconn fan experience since the rj cole villanova game (although the sheer relief of albany was also great). the crowd was absolutely frenzied during the 30-0 run. complete bloodlust.

i sat next to two boston college fans who got tickets through an alumni network. after clingan blew his first layup, one says to the other, "see! i told you he was a stiff!" it was incredible watching his performance sink in on their faces. i can't imagine i was an easy person to sit next to either, though. i was in the very back row of the balcony, several beers deep, and never sat down or shut up.

Reaction Score
At halftime, John Fanta told us UCONN 1-11 from 3 and up only 5 casualy told some fans UCONN would pull away and win by 15. Slacker
he’s good. The 30-0 run had fans ecstatic. They all knew there watching something epic

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    962.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
GREAT experience..maybe even the best of regional finals I've been to going way back to the absolute worst ( Dook at the Meadowlands )... oh how far we've come...

So much better than SDSU game on Thursday night...took a chance on upgrading seats to section 10 from 329 not knowing whether there'd be many Husky fans there... There were!!1..probably 75% UConn...Standing entire game and very loud!!

On to Phoenix!!

Reaction Score
first time on the boneyard since i got back from boston (played some $1/$3 hold 'em at encore afterwards and spent the night) and still buzzing.

easily my favorite, in-person uconn fan experience since the rj cole villanova game (although the sheer relief of albany was also great). the crowd was absolutely frenzied during the 30-0 run. complete bloodlust.

i sat next to two boston college fans who got tickets through an alumni network. after clingan blew his first layup, one says to the other, "see! i told you he was a stiff!" it was incredible watching his performance sink in on their faces. i can't imagine i was an easy person to sit next to either, though. i was in the very back row of the balcony, several beers deep, and never sat down or shut up.
I had a really similar experience sitting next to a couple from Boston who weren’t fans of anyone, just basketball fans who decided to go. When Clingan left that first one short instead of dunking it the guy said something to the effect of “I don’t see the first round hype.” He was walking it back later in the game!

Also totally agree about the nova game in 2022, this was the loudest I’ve been to since and definitely the loudest I’ve heard at a neutral site.

Reaction Score
Was there sat. night and it was incredible , I’d say 75/25 or 80/20 UConn fans. Super loud and electric environment and just an incredible night!

We need to play more games at Storrs North !!

In comparison to 2014 which I was also lucky enough to be at, I’d give a slight nod to 2014 becuase, as another poster said, we had so much going against us at that time (conference situation, ncaa banning, calhoun reitiremenr , underdogs to a program that was basically unbeatable in the tournament at that time). In 2014, it felt like the program had been dealt blows that meant it would never be elite again (lol). The game was also closer and I think UConn was down 8 or 10 in the 2nd half.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I had a really similar experience sitting next to a couple from Boston who weren’t fans of anyone, just basketball fans who decided to go. When Clingan left that first one short instead of dunking it the guy said something to the effect of “I don’t see the first round hype.” He was walking it back later in the game!

Also totally agree about the nova game in 2022, this was the loudest I’ve been to since and definitely the loudest I’ve heard at a neutral site.
“Neutral”

Reaction Score
Was there, section 10. Really great experience. While not MSG and NYC, TD is a far nicer arena. The get in, get out blows it away. The halls are roomy, they had a bar overlooking the marina. The surrounding area is also much nicer, cleaner and visually pleasing, with the bridge, marina and north end right there. Crowd was electric. We should definitely play more games there.

Reaction Score
Was there, section 10. Really great experience. While not MSG and NYC, TD is a far nicer arena. The get in, get out blows it away. The halls are roomy, they had a bar overlooking the marina. The surrounding area is also much nicer, cleaner and visually pleasing, with the bridge, marina and north end right there. Crowd was electric. We should definitely play more games there.
I know I would not miss a single game ever

Reaction Score
Was there sat. night and it was incredible , I’d say 75/25 or 80/20 UConn fans. Super loud and electric environment and just an incredible night!

We need to play more games at Storrs North !!

In comparison to 2014 which I was also lucky enough to be at, I’d give a slight nod to 2014 becuase, as another poster said, we had so much going against us at that time (conference situation, ncaa banning, calhoun reitiremenr , underdogs to a program that was basically unbeatable in the tournament at that time). In 2014, it felt like the program had been dealt blows that meant it would never be elite again (lol). The game was also closer and I think UConn was down 8 or 10 in the 2nd half.
That’s a good point about the circumstances surrounding the 2014 regionals, and also that the game was closer. Like the 2011 BE championship game, it was tight all the way and there was some real motivation to beat Louisville. Plus there was the excitement of potentially five wins in five days. That had to be the most electric game for me now that I think about it.

Totally agree about Storrs north too, would love to see more games up here!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom