who was the 1 recruit that got away calhoun years.. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

who was the 1 recruit that got away calhoun years..

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Vin Baker :)
He was a man playing among boys during an early season game at the XL Center his (I believe) junior year. Put up like 24 in the first half but then we figured out the rest of his team stunk and put the clamps on him in the second half. He put on a show for 20 min though.

Reaction Score
Nah, there was a Perno recruit that was a heavy lean until Syracuse came in late. I remember they took him to the Penn State football game. IIRC, the guy was a Top 30. I thought his name was Tony.
I remember Tony Bruin playing for Syracuse in the early 80s. Not sure if he was recruited by UConn.

Reaction Score
Courtney Alexander, UConn refused his transfer from UVa, went to Fresno State.
Alexander had domestic violence charges against him for him slamming his girlfriend's into the wall. Would that 1999 team be better with him? Maybe, maybe not. Am I glad Calhoun turned him down? Yes.

Reaction Score
Alexander had domestic violence charges against him for him slamming his girlfriend's into the wall. Would that 1999 team be better with him? Maybe, maybe not. Am I glad Calhoun turned him down? Yes.
Yes everything hinged on his conviction. Calhoun turned him down? that was very much a university decision, it was the right call. HS All -American, a college national scoring leader, talented enough to be a top 15 NBA pick. Think he would have helped some during his remaining eligibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom