Who still plays with Lego? | The Boneyard

Who still plays with Lego?

Reaction Score
I’m certainly an AFOL: Adult Fan of Legos. I try not to go down the rabbit hole too much as I try to limit myself to the Speed Champions and made my own garage where I rotate my collection. Recently received three massive Tupperware bins of Legos for free. Helped my son separate them, took over 200 man hours. Anyone else an AFOL?

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpeg
    IMG_4292.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
Reaction Score
I’m certainly an AFOL: Adult Fan of Legos. I try not to go down the rabbit hole too much as I try to limit myself to the Speed Champions and made my own garage where I rotate my collection. Recently received three massive Tupperware bins of Legos for free. Helped my son separate them, took over 200 man hours. Anyone else an AFOL?
Absolutely - my son still has every Lego he ever got. I must have 100's of pounds I have bought at auction. I sort, pull out sets, build and sell on EBay. I've got sets from the late 80's to current day.

I also have some of my own on display.

From my selling experience there are a ton of adult collectors out there. I sell globally. There are sites where you can purchase missing pieces and instructions. I personally like the older Legos. I think they have dummied down the building process in recent years.

Reaction Score
I had zero interest in Lego since childhood until my daughter turned 4 and started to get her into it. Then the Delorean found its way to my home and now I guess I’m an AFOL.

You guys see the recent coverage of Myles Turner being a huge Lego fan? Says all he does in his downtime is put together Lego kits

Reaction Score
The presenting partner was LEGO for Donny Marshall's Simsbury 5k race (Hartford Marathon Foundation event) to benefit the Boy's and Girls club. Age group prizes consisted of a LEGO kit consisting of an old school black Converse like sneaker and a guy holding a boom box.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Have had a great time getting back into Lego sets with my son the past few years (he’s 7 now). Probably the most fun we had was building a newer version of the pirate ship I had in my youth.

Note - This discussion is much more my speed than the luxury watch thread. Now if it was a watch made out of legos, you’d have my attention.

Reaction Score
Have had a great time getting back into Lego sets with my son the past few years (he’s 7 now). Probably the most fun we had was building a newer version of the pirate ship I had in my youth.

Note - This discussion is much more my speed than the luxury watch thread. Now if it was a watch made out of legos, you’d have my attention.

Reaction Score
I really got into Legos during covid. It gave my great nephew and I something to do and this way he wasn't just sitting and watching tv. I have so many sets that are still in the boxes and still have about $300 in VIP points and Lego gift cards?

I started with the Speed Champions series and have a ton of those as well as the Lego Batman Movie sets for my nephew. Then he got into Marvel sets and then some Star Wars, Super Mario and Ninjago sets. I also have some Jurassic Park/World sets and a couple of Indy Jones sets. Oh and I have some Lego City sets.

I have some sets that I probably will never open and may just resell, or who knows, maybe I'll change my mind down the road. The coolest sets I have are the Grand Piano set and tv w/original NES set.

Reaction Score
I don't, but just waiting for my daughter to be old enough to play with them as opposed to eat them. Father/daughter lego bonding time, feels like it could be a version of a catch in the yard.

Reaction Score
I remember reading an article about Legos being used on anesthesiologists to help them learn when and where to stick needles and to help them work with 3D shapes. Also, so that during covid some surgeons were completing the sets to maintain dexterity and muscle stamina in their hands.

Reaction Score
Building lego sets is one of my favorite memories with my son. He’s 13 now - from around 6-10 he was obsessed and we were constantly putting sets together. We gave them all to Goodwill a year or two ago, but lately he’s getting into them again. He built the Home Alone house recently, which was pretty intricate and he wants Magic Kingdom for Christmas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom