Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm bored.
Hartley/Jefferson/Chong
KML/Banks/Chong
Tuck/KML
Stewart/Tuck/KML
Dolson/Stokes/Stewart

Banks is coming off an injury and I think she will be eased into the game and Jefferson is only a sophomore and still has some learning to do so Hartley starts at PG. KML and Tuck on the wings they provide leadership and height they both will be matchup nightmares for opposing teams. Dolson and Stewart in the paint is obvious.

Reaction Score
I like a 3 guard line-up, speed kills.

Jefferson, Hartley, KML, Stewart, and Dolson.

Hartley could face a tough challenge from Banks.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I have to say that I love the bigger line up.

Without listing their height, Hartley and KML in the backcourt and Tuck, Stewart and Dolson up front.

We saw quite a bit of that in the NCAA tourney.

I believe it will be that lineup or exchange Jefferson for Tuck.

I have no idea which way Geno is leaning.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Undoubtedly see both of those and more besides in the course of the season, depending on opponents and how practices went.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with vamike..
MoJeff
Bria
KML
Stewie
B.M.Stef
...think Morgan will be the official 6th woman this year. Scoring and her size will be the reason. She can rest KML, Stewie n Stef without us losing a step!

Reaction Score
In what way? Starting position? Her minutes?

minutes, long shot starter

Hartley had a disappointing season 39% FG 29% 3 point shooting

Banks 48% FG 34% 3s

granted Banks stats were probably vs weaker opponents

Reaction Score
Bria, KML, Stewie, and Stef are sure things.

I was extremely impressed with the play of Tuck last year. She might be the fifth. The way I see it is that Bria, KML, and Stewie can all be shooters... and therefore leave Tuck and Dolson on the inside...

I think with Chong, JMo, and Banks being the three reserve guards it might be a good idea to bring them in off the bench for Bria and KML. Stewie can be subbed in for by a guard or a post player like Stokes...

Just my opinion

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Same as two months ago when we had this thread. Dolson, Stewart, KML, Bria, MoJeff.
Bingo- Icebear! He has to develop his young pt guard- it's a guards game. They have so many options to sub and rotate positions- it's scary. I don't think we want KMl handling the ball as much as coming off screens I would think?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's gonna be
Jefferson
Hartley
KML
Stewart
Dolson

Stone Cold Lock. ( I suppose barring injuries of course)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
minutes, long shot starter

Hartley had a disappointing season 39% FG 29% 3 point shooting

Banks 48% FG 34% 3s

granted Banks stats were probably vs weaker opponents

I don't know that you can look at the injury plagued season Bria had as a measure of her potential this season. Consider what she did in the tourney.

And, as far as I know, Banks isn't even cleared for full contact play. And she missed a season. Long way to go to challenge a healthy Bria.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't know that you can look at the injury plagued season Bria had as a measure of her potential this season. Consider what she did in the tourney.

And, as far as I know, Banks isn't even cleared for full contact play. And she missed a season. Long way to go to challenge a healthy Bria.
Plus Geno will value Bria as he valued Caroline. Bria only became the 6th player because of the team meeting and embracing that role. She will return to the role of starter this year unless some similar situation occurs where she is more valuable off the bench.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Bria
MoJeff
KML
Stewart
Dolsen

That's an almost lock. Tuck will see a lot of playtime. BB will be brought around slowly to avoid another injury. If she is injured again with a short bench UConn will have to depend on Chong and Chong needs experience and growth without pressure this season. Saniya will be a good one. Stokes who hasn't been mentioned will also see a lot of playtime for a couple of reasons. Kiah will play a big role next season filling in for Stef next season along with Tuck and Stewart. I would expect Tuck to be an outside threat from here on out.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I believe the World University Games is a better indicator of how Hartley will perform this year.

In 24 minutes a game, she averaged a team leading 13.5 points, 3.3 assists, 20/13 A/TO ratio, 48% fg, 41% 3pt, 80% ft (16/20).

Add that to her NCAA and its pretty clear that Banks won't be challenging Hartley for minutes or a starting position. Even if Hartley has a slow start.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe the World University Games is a better indicator of how Hartley will perform this year.

In 24 minutes a game, she averaged a team leading 13.5 points, 3.3 assists, 20/13 A/TO ratio, 48% fg, 41% 3pt, 80% ft (16/20).

Add that to her NCAA and its pretty clear that Banks won't be challenging Hartley for minutes or a starting position. Even if Hartley has a slow start.
Both point to very positive things for Bria.

D

dakotaboy

In the end, it won't matter to opposing teams who starts. It shouldn't matter to fans who starts. And it definitely won't matter to any of the players, as all of them have already proven they are TEAM first. :)

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
I sorta start.... although with each passing year it seems to be more like a rough idle than a start... As to why I start... well, talk to my prostate about that.

Thanks for asking... mighty kind of you...

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Reaction Score
Same as two months ago when we had this thread. Dolson, Stewart, KML, Bria, MoJeff.

I agree Ice. MoJeff will have to prove that she can play point guard on a consistent basis. The other four are locks. If MoJeff falters will go to the large lineup Bria,KML. Tuck, Stewie and Stef. A very formidable lineup

Reaction Score
So have we got three three-letter players this year? KML, TBS, and BMS?

Reaction Score
Bria Hartley is not a point guard. Moriah will start; Bria will be the shooting guard. KML, Breanna and Stef will start up front. Morgan will get the minutes of a starter. Brianna shouldn't be rushed. It's up to Kiah as to how much time she'll play. Saniya will get more minutes than I imagine most people would think. She is going to be a special player.

Reaction Score
LOCKS are Hartley, KML, Stewie, Dolson
5th Spot: Tuck or Jefferson depending on size or speed

BENCH LOCKS: Banks, Stokes, Chong, Walk ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads