Who knew Pheesa can sky? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who knew Pheesa can sky?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Where was her jumping ability against ND when their three out of shape post players were dominating her in the paint?
I don't remember her being dominated in the paint. I do remember ND's bigs getting a lot of lay-ups, which had little or nothing to do with jumping ability, or any athletic ability for that matter. Whether those were defensive breakdowns by UConn, good schemes by ND, or some combination of both, I can't say. I don't remember them getting many in the latter part of the game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She carried her high school team. I think she would carry a college team if she needed to score more and do more. She is so good she just fits into the scheme required by a team's personnel.
Thank you. If she had committed to Mizzou along with Sophie Cunningham, Mizzou would be ranked in the top ten. Some posters think a lot of Cunningham and they should. Collier's team, Incarnate Word Academy beat Cunningham's team, Rock Bridge, three consecutive seasons and Collier was the difference every game. Just as Cunningham has done in some games, Collier could dominate some games as well as most players if she was asked to do so. Geno said she was unguardable in practice. That should tell us something.

Reaction Score
Sorry but Z is a much better player then collier and she will be the reason uconn wins a nc this season. What happened to colliers scoring this season? As geno said to her on husky access, pheesa you suck at passing and you better get better to make it at the next level!

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Thank you. Wow, seeing her play in high school. That must have been a treat. :)

Follow up. So, have I been missing something watching her play at UConn, which may well be true given my limited knowledge and somewhat poor eyesight? That is, I think you are saying you saw her sky like she did in high school, and I am assuming you saw this during her time at UConn. Therefore, for you, her play in Toronto was "more of the same." Yes? (If so, then I have been missing it until now, which is OK.) Thoughts?
I don't know what you have seen. No 6'1" player could block as many shots as Collier does unless they have very good timing and jumping ability. Watching on television, for me it's hard to tell how high a player is actually jumping.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Sorry but Z is a much better player then collier and she will be the reason uconn wins a nc this season. What happened to colliers scoring this season? As geno said to her on husky access, pheesa you suck at passing and you better get better to make it at the next level!
Did anyone say Collier was better than Z? Z is better than most players on UCONN or any other team, imo. I believe Geno has said that to every player on the team in regards to passing. I don't think Collier has her focus on the next level at this point in her career.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think it was the camera angle.

There's undoubtedly some of that, but not much. The camera is probably a couple feet off the ground (we often see cameramen/press sitting behind the baskets), of order 100 feet away, so it adds an inch per foot to the apparent height. She appears to be pretty close to the basket, rather than being two inches below the rim, she's 4-5" below.

Don't forget that she's 6-1 and has the arms of someone at least a couple inches taller, plus she's very athletic. I'd expect her to play pretty close to the rim. I bet she can dunk a ball not too much smaller than a basketball.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's not the camera angle, it's not her long arms, long shorts or her hair cut. It's something that all of you have simply over looked. Collier's leaping ability is aided by an external dynamic.
Mars Blackmon tipped us off about Michael Jordan's ability to jump, dunk and block shots back in the 1980's. That same dynamic is present today in Pheesa's game. Remember what Blackmon said? Here's a subtle reminder. it's............... :cool:

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
May be the angle but looks to be very close to the rim.
View attachment 27207
Not the angle. This is the Duquesne game, I think. If so, I remember one play in which a husky skied for a rebound and some "oohs" where heard. Figured it was Gabby, but, surprisingly to me, it was Collier. So yea, she has it in her.

Reaction Score
She is WNBA ready and just playing a different game this year. Pro scouts are hoping she declares this year. She would compete for that 1st pick because the scouts already know her game is suited to them.

Reaction Score
It's not the camera angle, it's not her long arms, long shorts or her hair cut. It's something that all of you have simply over looked. Collier's leaping ability is aided by an external dynamic.
Mars Blackmon tipped us off about Michael Jordan's ability to jump, dunk and block shots back in the 1980's. That same dynamic is present today in Pheesa's game. Remember what Blackmon said? Here's a subtle reminder. it's..... :cool:

hqdefault.jpg
Yup - low altitude earth orbit...

Reaction Score
On a serious note, I did notice Naphessa sky for a rebound in Toronto, in a way I had never seen before. I was startled, in a happy way.

Did others, who know more than I, see this?
I saw it. At first I thought it was Gabby. But I've made that mistake before. She gets up every once and awhile and surprises me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom