who is this Nurse kid for Canada? | The Boneyard

who is this Nurse kid for Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, but could she ever be a starter at UConn?

Oh. OK. Never mind.
It was just a year ago that Chong had Kia's starting position. Where would Kia be right now if not moving into the starter's spot last year? NBC Connecticut is showing highlights from the game. Stewie and Mo just look bewildered as if to say WTF?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It was just a year ago that Chong had Kia's starting position. Where would Kia be right now if not moving into the starter's spot last year? NBC Connecticut is showing highlights from the game. Stewie and Mo just look bewildered as if to say WTF?
thats what happens when you're not use to losing

Reaction Score
Kia was terrific, but that was Canada's Senior team. Still, she ran the team with precision and strength. So glad she is ours.

Mo and Stewie were troopers, but they needed Mitchell badly.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
IMO I think Mo and Stewie have now witnessed the oozing confidence of their friend and teammate and will now look to want to see her get more 30+ point games (unlikely, or else Stewie would have a dozen - but couldn't you see her numbers skyrocket?)

Also, IMO, I think tonite also really helped to concrete a lingering thought about next year's squad perhaps being the "greatest"

Finally, and not IMO as this is a fact, Kia is one powerful guard :cool:

Reaction Score
Kia is definitely all set for the frosh-soph jump, but the player I saw today is ready for more, a bigtime national breakout. She ran the team crisply and efficiently while remaining a major scoring threat, a perfect mix of size, strength and speed, and almost never out of control, however aggressive.

Reaction Score
Happy for her and satisfied with the result.

How can you be satisfied with the result when the USA lost? I'm happy for Nurse, but she was playing for Canada not the USA. During the year when she is playing for UCONN I will root for her 100%.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So can we put to bed the jump or slump question?

I was amazed at how good she was a Frosh, but even knowing that her Soph jump looks to be impressive.

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse was amazing in the title game--Team Canada finally started looking for her. She was a huge factor in the Canada win.
Stewie and Moriah have nothing to feel bad about without a decent support cast two hard playing player cannot win it all. I sincerely hope Moriah doesn't have a concussion. I've never seen a BB player have their bell rung as what happened to OUR Moriah, the MVP of the title game (UConn Fans MYP). The ESPN people were talking up Moriah all night.
Congratulations to Team Canada and mostly to OUR Kia Nurse. Great Game Plan by Canada spread the floor, mug Stewie, and it worked.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but could she ever be a starter at UConn?

Oh. OK. Never mind.
Geno would never recruit her---couldn't tear her away from the snow, ice, cold winds--

Let us give huge Boneyard cheer for three hard playing kids that gave more than anyone has a right to expect. Stewie, Moriah, Kia!!!

Reaction Score
The tweet of the night, from Kia's brother:
Darnell Nurse.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Nurse was spectacular! She looked WNBA ready. UCONN got a real find with her.

Jefferson really got beat up in this game. I hope she feels better soon. That head-to-head collision really rang her bell and she looked woozy the rest of the game. I am really surprised that Nurse came back into the game after that. I hope they completed concussion testing before allowing hr to re-enter.

Reaction Score
Do we have any info on Mo? Did she in fact have a concussion? It sure looked like it when she was on the bench at the end of the game. I was surprised that she wasn't taken back to the locker room and evaluated. It was a scary moment for UCONN fans and I'm sure Geno's heart was in his throat.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Remember when Kia was recruited and some here allowed as how she'd be a useful role player? A cautionary tale, eh?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Remember when Kia was recruited and some here allowed as how she'd be a useful role player? A cautionary tale, eh?

What was amazing to me was UConn's late arrival at the Nurse recruiting sweepstakes. IIRC, Kia was already being recruited by several major US programs, and UConn (yes, Geno and CD!) was asleep at the switch. Then, once Geno entered the competition, Nurse enthusiastically accepted his offer.

Perhaps others have a more vivid recollection of events. If so, please post up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nurse was spectacular! She looked WNBA ready. UCONN got a real find with her.

Jefferson really got beat up in this game. I hope she feels better soon. That head-to-head collision really rang her bell and she looked woozy the rest of the game. I am really surprised that Nurse came back into the game after that. I hope they completed concussion testing before allowing hr to re-enter.
They took her back into the dressing room, so I imagine that's what they did. Hope so anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom