Who Is the Better Shooter: Azzi or Lou? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who Is the Better Shooter: Azzi or Lou?

Reaction Score
I just want to put in a bit about my all time favorite shooter... KML.

Azzi may have the faster and prettier stroke. Lou may be more consistent production wise and get more elevation on the mid range jumper.

But I still remember fondly those trailing dagger 3s that KML could put down. For me, I want to see these two have the opportunity to hit those demoralizing dagger 3s in big games.

KML so often would seemingly be on that line all by herself, take that long out pass, and hit that three just when an opponent thought they had a chance... she was a Heartbreaker to teams everywhere. Everyone knew she was the threat but somehow she could manage to slip back to the line unnoticed.

Anyway, memory lane thought. She has 3 NCs ....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They are somewhat different shooters. Lou has a facility to come up with a improved shot that I don't see in Azzi's game. However, Azzi's 5 billion practice shots taken have made her the best shot in the game.

Reaction Score
Looking at the all-around games of both , I think it's no contest. Re shooting: Lou appears to work really hard to get her shots off, while Azzi looks like she's hardly working.

Reaction Score
the sad thing is this same question was being asked heading into last season between Azzi and Caroline.........poor Caroline has been left out of the picture but heading into UConn as a freshman she was considered a true long range bomber with great accuracy........I still think we will see that at some point once she is truly healthy and gets more playing time.......

Last Summer I was imagining having Bueckers, Fudd & Ducharme playing. Besides all being outstanding 3 pt shooters they all are effective inside and Bueckers & Fudd may be the best 2 mid-range shooters in the country. Geno could have had 2 of them on the floor for 40 min and Nan's clip showed the effect that has on defenses. To that trio they also would have had Edwards, who is shooting 63% right now.
Last summer I said that UConn was going to be better than Scar mostly because of the above.

Reaction Score
I'm happiest for Lopez-Senechal. She took all the derogatory comments about her "small school" resume, folded them in half and metaphorically told the media where to store them. And she's done it with class and a wonderful smile.

Reaction Score
Last Summer I was imagining having Bueckers, Fudd & Ducharme playing. Besides all being outstanding 3 pt shooters they all are effective inside and Bueckers & Fudd may be the best 2 mid-range shooters in the country. Geno could have had 2 of them on the floor for 40 min and Nan's clip showed the effect that has on defenses. To that trio they also would have had Edwards, who is shooting 63% right now.
Last summer I said that UConn was going to be better than Scar mostly because of the above.
I was looking forward to the same thing along with Brady hitting her foul line jumpers........I think if anything good came out of the injuries, it sped up Edwards becoming more of an offensive focus in order to make up for those missing points...........she may have done it anyway but thankfully she has blossomed into a true offensive weapon which was somewhat less likely if those four were bombing from long range......

Reaction Score
I’m reposting the clip below. Watch the defender as Lou moves from the lane to the perimeter - the St J player doesn’t know whether to stay with Lou or get back to the paint so she’s in between and too late to defend Azzi. How valuable is that? By themselves Azzi and Lou are tremendous assets to the team but together.…just amazing.

Very nice repost... This is an example of things that you do not see in the live flow of the game, at
least for me. It is only when I watch the replays that I , sometimes, pick up these points. Thanks for
the post and explanation from HuskyNan. Much appreciated. Z

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I'm happiest for Lopez-Senechal. She took all the derogatory comments about her "small school" resume, folded them in half and metaphorically told the media where to store them. And she's done it with class and a wonderful smile.
Nice post. I am with you all the way @Alydar . She's doing a fantastic job managing the whole experience. It always helps to be a really good shooter when you're trying to fit in at UConn. She's done that.:)

Reaction Score
Looking at the all-around games of both , I think it's no contest. Re shooting: Lou appears to work really hard to get her shots off, while Azzi looks like she's hardly working.
And then again, sometimes it looks like AZZI is working really hard for her shots and Lou looks like she is hardly working.!!
It might be a function of a highlight tape vs live action. They both are very capable "gamers". Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
And then again, sometimes it looks like AZZI is working really hard for her shots and Lou looks like she is hardly working.!!
It might be a function of a highlight tape vs live action. They both are very capable "gamers". Go Huskies!
The team is so fortunate to have them; one is one of the best shooters I've seen at UConn, while the other is the best shooter I've see at UConn ( and just a kid!). Of course, it's "all in the eye of the beholder".

Reaction Score
they both have their advantages. It's I would take Azzi from all areas of the floor but I would take Lou from three. Being a better 3pt shooter doesn't make you a better shooter automatically in my eyes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom