Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Ask Conspiracy Kitty: AD David Benedict is just waiting to announce live on Joe D. & Gresh's show as part of WTIC's contractual rights agreement. Then we can have the 2 fatso blowhards pontificating & denigrating the choices on the air for a full 3 hours during drive time.:cool:Head bang:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

The only job officially closed from a posting perspective is the Director of Football Operation job. The closing dates for the others (DC/OC/Asst Coach) have been moved this morning to the 9th @ 11:59. Color me surprised if any of those jobs are officially announced today.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Ask Conspiracy Kitty: AD David Benedict is just waiting to announce live on Joe D. & Gresh's show as part of WTIC's contractual rights agreement. Then we can have the 2 fatso blowhards pontificating & denigrating the choices on the air for a full 3 hours during drive time.:cool:Head bang:rolleyes:

Joe, I'm just not sure this offensive coordinator hire will put the huskies in contention for a college football national championship! Bad hire. Grumble, grumble, grumble, back when I played forth string jock cleaner at URI...

That is basically a preview of the show

Reaction Score
The only job officially closed from a posting perspective is the Director of Football Operation job.
What's the chance the ops role was filled when representatives of ADD / UConn agreed to include a specific paragraph in HCRE2.0's preliminary contract? Junior?

Reaction Score

It's kind of funny all the conjecture about why the posts got moved to the 9th...when the most likely reason Edsall is not physically in CT due to the Lions playoff game and thus can't do a press conference

Reaction Score

It's kind of funny all the conjecture about why the posts got moved to the 9th...when the most likely reason Edsall is not physically in CT due to the Lions playoff game and thus can't do a press conference

He's been in CT since Tuesday evening - leaving for Seattle today.

Reaction Score
What's the chance the ops role was filled when representatives of ADD / UConn agreed to include a specific paragraph in HCRE2.0's preliminary contract? Junior?

Don't the ops roles traditionally report to the coach. If that's the case it's not likely to be his son without a change in reporting structure.

Probably some athletic assistant for football role reporting officially to Benedict or one of his subordinates (like an assistant to the AD for Football)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm loving this! Boneyard in a tizzy! Mass speculation!.

No leaks from the AD.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
UConn has done a solid job keeping the leaks to a minimum.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Believe it or not (I've attended a number of coaching clinics when Jack was there) the majority of the CT high school coaches like/respect him, including some of his biggest rivals on the field, not named Jim Buonocore, Jr. Cochran also ran the state weight lifting competition when he was at New Britain and New London, every league in the state was represented at the event. He was well respected amongst CTHSFB coaches.

However, JC may not be available....
Legendary Conn. football coach Jack Cochran leaves to run a restaurant

Get Cochran on the staff please. This guy and Marinan would do a great job and greatly help our recruiting.

The program is at a crossroads and needs results and need these results QUICK.

Are we serious or are we just pretending to be serious about football? Come on and get this done.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Get Cochran on the staff please. This guy and Marinan would do a great job and greatly help our recruiting.

Are we serious or are we just pretending to be serious about football? Come on and get this done.

Yes. The quickest way to guaranty results is to hire folks who have no experience recruiting players whatsoever.

Reaction Score

Can you help me understand how UConn shows it is serious about competing in FBS football by hiring a coach who has zero experience in FBS football?

Cochran won a ton of games in HS. Recruited equally well at both public and "private" schools. He may be well respected, but he seemed to leave a wake of pissed off people everywhere he went. He may very well be an excellent hire for UConn in some capacity (despite very real concerns about his ethics).

But I don't understand how Edsall hiring coaches a) with whom he already has had a working relationship, and/or b) who have experience coaching football in college; means we are somehow not serious about football.

Reaction Score
Yes. The quickest way to guaranty results is to hire folks who have no experience recruiting players whatsoever.

Well, i don't think Cochran is a guarantee for success at UConn either, but he definitely has experience recruiting players.

Reaction Score
Well, truth be told - there has been rumors/innuendos that they have been recruiting high school players in CT for years :p (well at least Xavier has no town residency issues).

Well, truth be told, states arguing over the residency issue can be found at the bottom of (state) recruiting lists. Do you really think southern states, TX, even NJ give a darn about residency issues when it comes to HS football (or basketball)?

Reaction Score
Cochran and Edsall got along like peanut butter and Clorox.

There is no way Casey would've come to UConn if Edsall were here. I doubt Edsall puts him on the staff now.

In fairness, we are not talking about Jack, but Casey. Edsall and Jack didn't get along - Few did. I have no idea if CC can coach, but I do believe we would benefit he remained close to the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom