Who is Hoopsking? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is Hoopsking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Well, TonyC, Hoopsking isn't much like you. But he spells like you! So there's something in common, and that gives me hope for the future. One thing I've noticed over the years that just never seems to work on this board is arrogance. I don't ever express my opinons strongly, not that I know much of anything. I just love the game and the program. So I think anyone who swashbuckles on in hoping to tear the place up is going to continue to have it rough until it gets toned down. It's just the nature of this board. Most of us tread very lightly. Anyway, may this all blow over. Kinda too bad.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Please folks...we are better than this. I know just about everyone on this board who post regularly and you are all top notch people. The tone here in this thread is a departure from our usual decorum. We have so many knowledgeable people here that it pains me to see many who have taken to bickering and levying personal attacks on each other. There are people here who are beginning to take things personal...let's not play into that. Remember, that which we feed, grows. I think we all have a lot to gain from each other as we all contribute to the collective wisdom of The Boneyard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad days but in the end we are a classy bunch... I hope we can get back our bearings the season is less than 80 days away. Go Huskies!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Cf, this is no different than when any new poster comes in like a house of fire and rubs posters the wrong way.

Just because Tony knows him doesn't excuse his behavior.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I hope we can get back our bearings the season is less than 80 days away.

Great... NOW you've done it!!

873640-bear.jpg

Reaction Score
So my comments that you guys don't agree with agitate the board? Is that what you are saying Husky Nan? If this is a board that works under a dictatorship, I choose not to be involved. I'm not using any profanity and not calling people names. Yet you want to use the word AGITATE. How am I agitating the board? Because I say that Uconn recruiting will take a blow due to the conference reshaping? People can call me names, yet I'm agitating the board. Wow!
When you talk as if you are stating something factual rather than offering an opinion and it happens to be opinion that few people here are apt to agree with, it could be upsetting. Particularly since you are a new man in town. It doesn't matter how much coaching you've done, how many connections you have or had. You have absolutely no idea how this new conference will play out over the next years and more importantly, no idea what type of effect it may have on our recruiting anyone. For you to state otherwise is absurd. How could you possibly know what thousands of girls now playing basketball in middle school will think about our conference affiliation and what effect it might have on whether they would consider UConn, assuming they were elite athletes. For you to state generically that you have a concern about possible future recruiting issues is allowable but you went way beyond that, acting as if UConn's women's basketball was a sinking ship and that everyone should be prepared to main their lifeboats. Hopefully any future post, if any, will be a little more reasonable and thoughtful. If you said you knew a recruit that expressed concern about the new conference, that would have been okay but when you speak for every little school girl in America, that's way over the top.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm glad Baylor no longer has a shot at any top recruits. Takes all the pressure off and allows me to enjoy a good argument without being involved.

well it was good while it lasted.... at least baylor has two championships...

H

Huskyfan23

I'm not sure. She might be finishing 9th grade this season. According to NYC people she could be the next great one out of NY. She still has a couple of years to go.

Here is some video on Danielle Patterson who is supposedly some great secret but I have seen tape on her a year ago.

Reaction Score
So my comments that you guys don't agree with agitate the board? Is that what you are saying Husky Nan? If this is a board that works under a dictatorship, I choose not to be involved. I'm not using any profanity and not calling people names. Yet you want to use the word AGITATE. How am I agitating the board? Because I say that Uconn recruiting will take a blow due to the conference reshaping? People can call me names, yet I'm agitating the board. Wow!

Hoopsking, I too am a relatively new poster here. I also post on College Fans Only and Rebkell. This is by far the harshest board when people disagree with you, which is almost always. For example, I believe the exact opposite of you, that UConn will NOT take any hit because of conference, and most of the people here jumped on me, and eventually the string was shut down. Perhaps if the monitors hear it over and over from newbies, different opinions will be tolerated more readily. But your sense of what this board is about is exactly what mine was. Eventually, it seemed to get better, but I will always have the sense that I have to watch what I say here.

Reaction Score
I've always believed that opinions are just that, opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether or not we agree with what there saying. HoopsKing is not the first poster that has posted that the new conference will hurt UCONN'S recruiting. I don't agree, but I'm a small fish in a big pond. Most posters on this board are more knowledgeable about women's basketball then I am, so I listen and learn.

Reaction Score
I've always believed that opinions are just that, opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether or not we agree with what there saying. HoopsKing is not the first poster that has posted that the new conference will hurt UCONN'S recruiting. I don't agree, but I'm a small fish in a big pond. Most posters on this board are more knowledgeable about women's basketball then I am, so I listen and learn.

Ironically, when I first came on this board a few weeks ago, I posted the exact opposite of Hoopsking. I said that the AAC was a fine conference, that I was happy were were in it and that it wouldn't hurt our recruiting one bit. I actually joined the Boneyard because I had been reading all the naysayers on this board, and I wanted to let everyone who read the board know there were opposite opinions among UConn fans. I was chastised, belittled and called a troll for having that opinion. I was also called arrogant, just as Hoopsking was. What is truely ironic is that Hoopsking takes the exact opposite point of view that I do, and now they are on his case.

I think there is a contingent here who believe that anyone who has strong opinions and is willing to defend them is arrogant.

Bytheway, Hoopsking, I strongly disagree with you, but I also strongly believe everyone should be able to freely express their opinion.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Hoopsking, I too am a relatively new poster here. I also post on College Fans Only and Rebkell. This is by far the harshest board when people disagree with you, which is almost always. For example, I believe the exact opposite of you, that UConn will NOT take any hit because of conference, and most of the people here jumped on me, and eventually the string was shut down. Perhaps if the monitors hear it over and over from newbies, different opinions will be tolerated more readily. But your sense of what this board is about is exactly what mine was. Eventually, it seemed to get better, but I will always have the sense that I have to watch what I say here.

FWIW, I try to keyboard words here that I would use in person with the poster. BTW, I went back and reread that thread, and "most" of the posters here at The BoneYard did not post there. IAC, many of us like feisty posts, so we have common ground and a good starting point.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is about style and gaining awareness of the board and the characters here. Who is likely just yanking you chain and who is really giving you crap. Getting the lay of the land and wearing those battle stripes is just part of it. Many of us have been part of this same collection of characters for and decade or almost two. Many of us have been through hardships with each other and we have lost good friends together over those years. The Boneyard is not like any other fan board but that's okay.

There are, also, rhythms to life here and it is nothing at all like the ESPN board and what flew there will get one beat down quickly here. We all have good days and bad days and a lot of playfulness goes on in between. Mostly it is about tone of voice and learning how to hear each poster. Many of us know each other in real life and can often hear the other person in their words. Sarcasm is frequently in play and hyperbole only works when it is clear that it is hyperbole.

Disagreement is disagreement and is part of life and being a fan. Being disagreeable is not. Fortunately, as one finds their way we all hear each other better and can more easily tell the difference.

Most importantly, BEWARE THE BEARS!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It is about style and gaining awareness of the board and the characters here. Who is likely just yanking you chain and who is really giving you crap. Getting the lay of the land and wearing those battle stripes is just part of it. Many of us have been part of this same collection of characters for and decade or almost two. Many of us have been through hardships with each other and we have lost good friends together over those years. The Boneyard is not like any other fan board but that's okay.

There are, also, rhythms to life here and it is nothing at all like the ESPN board and what flew there will get one beat down quickly here. We all have good days and bad days and a lot of playfulness goes on in between. Mostly it is about tone of voice and learning how to hear each poster. Many of us know each other in real life and can often hear the other person in their words. Sarcasm is frequently in play and hyperbole only works when it is clear that it is hyperbole.

Disagreement is disagreement and is part of life and being a fan. Being disagreeable is not. Fortunately, as one finds their way we all hear each other better and can more easily tell the difference.

Most importantly, BEWARE THE BEARS!!!
Hear! Hear!.

Well put.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Ironically, when I first came on this board a few weeks ago, I posted the exact opposite of Hoopsking. I said that the AAC was a fine conference, that I was happy were were in it and that it wouldn't hurt our recruiting one bit. I actually joined the Boneyard because I had been reading all the naysayers on this board, and I wanted to let everyone who read the board know there were opposite opinions among UConn fans. I was chastised, belittled and called a troll for having that opinion. I was also called arrogant, just as Hoopsking was. What is truely ironic is that Hoopsking takes the exact opposite point of view that I do, and now they are on his case.

I think there is a contingent here who believe that anyone who has strong opinions and is willing to defend them is arrogant.

Bytheway, Hoopsking, I strongly disagree with you, but I also strongly believe everyone should be able to freely express their opinion.

What a crock of crap. You were chastised, belittled and call a troll?

The search function here is great. I can find every post you made. Yes, you took the side of the AAC being better in basketball than the ACC. And yes, some posters disagreed. There was a good give and take with no issues....until....

In response to someone saying:

"Women's basketball does not rate in terms of determining power conference, no matter how much anyone here appreciates the sport. It is a nice little side dish, but not important in an of itself."

you said:

"Careful what you say, buddy, this is a women's basketball board, and if you think women's basketball championships don't count, you are in the wrong place. And either you can't count or you are too lazy to look but UConn has 3 men's NCs, Cincinnati has 2 and Louisville has 3. "

So, you threaten him, kinda tell him how to post and call him either stupid or lazy.

You set the tone and now you complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom