Who is Hoopsking? | The Boneyard

Who is Hoopsking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
First let me say Hoopsking and I have been friends for a long time. I asked and he has given me permission to tell you about him/us. He and I have many connections in WBB as many of you know and I have expressed in my emails to those of you on my email list. So who is he? He is in real life a professional who's daughters have and had played WBB in college, AAU and HS. He is a former asst.coach of a prestigious AAU team. He is friends with many of the parents of AAU and HS players and their coaches. The information that he posts you can take to the bank as we have exchanged thoughts and information back and forth for years. Some of it you may not like but I will tell you its the truth. He is also friends with many families of players past and present at UConn as well as other teams in WCBB. Some of you know that from talking with me and some of what I write you know you can take to the bank.. and yes sometimes we look wrong because kids change their minds after the fact.

I can understand some of the name calling on this board aimed at him. Lately me too. I guess he came off a little ruff because he knows what he's talking about and his he was direct and to the point. Ive asked him to tone it down. He is a friend, and will be a friend to this board. He is a wealth of information.

Many of you are looking for information about recruits. Well you found a good source in Hoopsking. He is a good guy, and an honest guy. He mentioned in his post that we were at the CTK Ossining game together. Yes we were. What he didn't tell you was how many influential NY BB gurus were their to see Saniya and Sierra and a couple of legends in NY WBB. It was an experience to say the least to see and meet all these people. They all knew us and are frequent lurkers to the Boneyard. Some post occasionally .

I hope this clears up a lot and I hope we can welcome Hoopking to the board as he is a creditable and knowledgeable person who can bring a lot of insight to what's going on out there.

Thanks in advance

GO HUSKIES

Tonyc

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
To be honest, tony, your information on recruiting over the last couple of years has been very hit or miss related to final outcomes (see Diamond DeShields and Sierra Calhoun). If Hoopsking is one of your regular sources for what you have shared it doesn't increase my confidence.

I'll gladly give him a chance but as JRRRJ said the irritation is probably as much about style as anything. Hoopsking's communication skills can be improved.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We have a number of people that I consider well-placed and very knowledgable in recruiting and other areas of girls and women's basketball. Some post frequently, some not so frequently, but Kenny Kalina, Chris Hansen, Scotter, Cam and UConnCat have all managed to convey useful (and accurate) info without having to tell the Boneyard how clueless they think we are. Hoopsking is welcome here as long as he obeys the board rules and behaves in a way that doesn't agitate the board, just as our other experts and all other Boneyarders do.

Incidentally, we also have a lot of high school and AAU coaches as well as media types that read but don't necessarily post. There are a lot of people that make valuable contributions on and off the board. Just wanted to give them a shout out.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ice as I mentioned in my post "Some of you know that from talking with me and some of what I write you know you can take to the bank.. and yes sometimes we look wrong because kids change their minds after the fact. "

That's what happened with Diamond and Sierra. I cant go into details on a public board but you can call me if you wish.

As far as your opinion your entitled to yours but its hard for me to have an opinion on anyone who posts to a board. I have met posters who appear to be one type person on the board and in person are different. Thanks for giving him a chance, I believe he will be an asset to the board.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
hmmmm. Probably best I just be quiet on this one.

keep-quiet-and-just-keep-quiet.png

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ice as I mentioned in my post "Some of you know that from talking with me and some of what I write you know you can take to the bank.. and yes sometimes we look wrong because kids change their minds after the fact. "

That's what happened with Diamond and Sierra. I cant go into details on a public board but you can call me if you wish.

As far as your opinion your entitled to yours but its hard for me to have an opinion on anyone who posts to a board. I have met posters who appear to be one type person on the board and in person are different. Thanks for giving him a chance, I believe he will be an asset to the board.

That is exactly my point, tony. Kids are often fickled so it makes little sense to hang one's hat on what one is hearing from folks. Even when it is from a parent things change including just how much UCONN or other schools remain interested once recruiting slots start to fill up. Neither your info nor I would expect Hoopsking's info will hold up consistently because of the very nature of the situation and those involved in making decisions.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
We not only have the kids changing their minds, coaches also change their minds as players develop their skills and personalities. The 12-14 year old player that has outstanding talent for their age group may or not continue to develop as much as a coaching staff anticipates. Even if the player continues to develop as expected other factors start to come into play. Will the player(s) fit into the system the coach has and get along with existing players and recruited players? There are so many factors when it comes to recruiting players and not all players will fit into Geno's system or even if they would, they may not want to or believe another program is a better fit for them. Geno tends to go after the elite players and for everyone he gets, he misses out on three to five of them.

BTW, I'm not saying Sierra wouldn't fit into Geno's system and get along with existing current and future UConn players. She probably would have. IMHO Sierra received more love and promises from Duke.

Reaction Score
Thanks Tony C. And there's another player who's already on the Uconn radar. 6'1" WF Danielle Patterson out of Howard Beach, New York. She's going to be special.

Reaction Score
We have a number of people that I consider well-placed and very knowledgable in recruiting and other areas of girls and women's basketball. Some post frequently, some not so frequently, but Kenny Kalina, Chris Hansen, Scotter, Cam and UConnCat have all managed to convey useful (and accurate) info without having to tell the Boneyard know how clueless they think we are. Hoopsking is welcome here as long as he obeys the board rules and behaves in a way that doesn't agitate the board, just as our other experts and all other Boneyarders do.

Incidentally, we also have a lot of high school and AAU coaches as well as media types that read but don't necessarily post. There are a lot of people that make valuable contributions on and off the board. Just wanted to give them a shout out.

So my comments that you guys don't agree with agitate the board? Is that what you are saying Husky Nan? If this is a board that works under a dictatorship, I choose not to be involved. I'm not using any profanity and not calling people names. Yet you want to use the word AGITATE. How am I agitating the board? Because I say that Uconn recruiting will take a blow due to the conference reshaping? People can call me names, yet I'm agitating the board. Wow!

H

Huskyfan23

Tony I really have to say I find this to be the most ridiculous, laughable, and asinine post you have ever written and you have sure written some doosies. You expect me to take Hoopsking info "to the bank" because he was once an AAU coach and knows some parents? There are recruiting professionals and services that make millions of dollars that can not accurately predict where recruits will end up but I am suppose to believe Hoopsking is the SWAMI of WCBB recruiting. The reason that these professionals or anyone for that matter can not give accurate predictions is because some of these girls have a hard enough time picking out what outfit to wear let alone what college they will attend. I also guess Hoopskings precious"inside info" must be wrong then because he has stated that UConn has failed to land any "high caliber recruits" when they have THE SECOND BEST RECRUITING CLASS IN THE COUNTRY. I don't know about you but last time I checked #2 was pretty damn "high caliber." Finally for the kicker you to expect me to believe that A'ja Wilson has already made her decision with out taking an official visit to Storrs? Maybe she will "stay down south", maybe she won't but the idea that she has already made that decision final is laughable.

Reaction Score
Tony I really have to say I find this to be the most ridiculous, laughable, and asinine post you have ever written and you have sure written some doosies. You expect me to take Hoopsking info "to the bank" because he was once an AAU coach and knows some parents? There are recruiting professionals and services that make millions of dollars that can not accurately predict where recruits will end up but I am suppose to believe Hoopsking is the SWAMI of WCBB recruiting. The reason that these professionals or anyone for that matter can not give accurate predictions is because some of these girls have a hard enough time picking out what outfit to wear let alone what college they will attend. I also guess Hoopskings precious"inside info" must be wrong then because he has stated that UConn has failed to land any "high caliber recruits" when they have THE SECOND BEST RECRUITING CLASS IN THE COUNTRY. I don't know about you but last time I checked #2 was pretty damn "high caliber." Finally for the kicker you to expect me to believe that A'ja Wilson has already made her decision with out taking an official visit to Storrs? Maybe she will "stay down south", maybe she won't but the idea that she has already made that decision final is laughable.

Tony C is a gentlemen. He didn't have to explain anything to anyone or come to my defense. I never said I was a SWAMI of recruiting or anything like. that. I'm just a regular fan who attends well over 100 HS games a year and spend my time traveling up and down the East Coast networking with a lot of people who are Zen Masters of the women's game. Information is obtained through networking, which I feel I am pretty good at. I'm still learning new information every day. I'm a student of the game still seeking as much knowledge as I can. All I said and predicted is that Uconn recruiting will take a hit with the conference shuffling. My opinions are just as it stated. Opinions.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So my comments that you guys don't agree with agitate the board? Is that what you are saying Husky Nan? If this is a board that works under a dictatorship, I choose not to be involved. I'm not using any profanity and not calling people names. Yet you want to use the word AGITATE. How am I agitating the board? Because I say that Uconn recruiting will take a blow due to the conference reshaping? People can call me names, yet I'm agitating the board. Wow!
OhNoYouDidnt_zpsf6998147.jpg

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
hoopsking....I'll take the other side of that "it is doubtful UConn will be able to get A'ja Wilson" prediction... She just spent a month in Lithuania playing basketball w/ her role model Stewie, and new friends Morgan and MoJeff. UConn will seem like the next county over compared to that distance. She tasted what it is like to win GOLD..!! I bet the flavor was similar to what a National Championship would be like. I bet she wants several N.C.s and they're not on the menu in South Carolina. I've read she is going to make her visits and be thoughtful about the decision. Good, that favors UConn. Being in Storrs for opening night ceremonies and re-uniting with Stewie, Tuck and MoJeff will make it seem like home. This ain't Geno, Shea and CD's first rodeo...and no, Geno doesn't need to change his recruiting style or message. Winning, playing time, good team mates and N.Cs matter to top talent like Wilson...

I'm not an expert in WBB. I don't know any parents or coaches, so my opinion is just that, an opinion. I don't have much credibility, but I'm working hard on it 'cause you can't b.s. the BY. I'll send you a t-shirt from next April's National Championship game if I'm wrong....bet?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was talking to Tony. I said that as long as you obey the rules and don't agitate the board, you're welcome here. In other words, no special rules for friends of Tony. No need to get all wound up - you only needed to ask what I meant without calling me names.

Reaction Score
sounds like this board is taking itself a bit too serious. it's girls basketball, after all.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
To me any information from anyone is ok, not worried about their so called contacts, until the letter of intent is signed no-one knows. We have no-one who is a true fortune teller on this board, just people giving their best guess with the information they possess.

Reaction Score
Maybe I read it wrong but didn't you promise to be a "rash" on this board. To my way of thinking that doesn't mean you will be honest and informative, it means you see yourself as an irritant here. If being irritating is your goal then you are nothing more than a troll. Hopefully you meant something different by that statement.
As far as UConn's recruiting taking a hit I'll wait and see. Maybe it will. But consider this: UConn landed national HSPOY's in 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2013. That's 5 0f the last 8 years and if you count EDD it makes 6 of the last 8 years. I submit that UConn could slip to only landing them 3 out of every 8 years and still would be doing better than any other wcbb team.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I don't know who you are and Im not sure I wanna know. I do see you are new here with just a few posts. It sounds like to me the adjectives your using in this post would be better suited to describe you.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I don't know who you are and Im not sure I wanna know. I do see you are new here with just a few posts. It sounds like to me the adjectives your using in this post would be better suited to describe you.

Tony, your friend posted inflammatory comments. He acted, in my opinion, arrogantly, like his opinion is fact. As we all know (diamond DeShields) players change their minds. With anyone else, you would have jumped all over Hoopsking for his saying Wilson is not coming to Uconn. I would wager a guess you would have said that if she is coming to first night, Uconn would have a great chance of getting her.

I'm sure you would have pointed out that Williams and Edwards both verballed while Uconn's conference affiliation was up in the air when HK said the AAC will kill Uconn's recruiting.

So, no offense Tony, but your defense of your friend rings hollow.

Might he have connections? Sure. Would it be nice if he shared what he knew? Sure. But like my dear departed mother used to say, it's not what you say but how you say it. That goes for me and you too, Tony.

We might be watching the best Uconn team ever. And this is what we talk about? Bleech!!!

Reaction Score
Thanks Tony C. And there's another player who's already on the Uconn radar. 6'1" WF Danielle Patterson out of Howard Beach, New York. She's going to be special.

What yearly class is she in?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tony, your friend posted inflammatory comments. He acted, in my opinion, arrogantly, like his opinion is fact. As we all know (diamond DeShields) players change their minds. With anyone else, you would have jumped all over Hoopsking for his saying Wilson is not coming to Uconn. I would wager a guess you would have said that if she is coming to first night, Uconn would have a great chance of getting her.

I'm sure you would have pointed out that Williams and Edwards both verballed while Uconn's conference affiliation was up in the air when HK said the AAC will kill Uconn's recruiting.

So, no offense Tony, but your defense of your friend rings hollow.

Might he have connections? Sure. Would it be nice if he shared what he knew? Sure. But like my dear departed mother used to say, it's not what you say but how you say it. That goes for me and you too, Tony.

We might be watching the best Uconn team ever. And this is what we talk about? Bleech!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Doggy we all need to drop this and start over. We've know each other for a long time. Hoopsking and I have known each other a long time. We all got off on the wrong foot. Lets see if we can patch things up and move forward.

Thanks
Tonyc

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Doggy we all need to drop this and start over. We've know each other for a long time. Hoopsking and I have known each other a long time. We all got off on the wrong foot. Lets see if we can patch things up and move forward.

Thanks
Tonyc
I don't need to do anything. I didn't get off on the wrong foot. I just posted my observations of the situation.

I would say that if Hoopsking decides to continue to post, the board will welcome any information he'd like to offer. But if its offered in the same manner expect the same responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom