Who is going to Houston? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
BBQ?, try this out. The Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints: 2021 Edition
A map should load, takes a bit, click on [ ] and expand it and can be filtered to top 10, top 50 and honorable mentions.
These are the top BBQ spots per Texas Monthly and their BBQ critic Daniel Vaughn.
I’m only the messenger, plenty of good stuff near Houston
Maybe a Sunday road trip to the Shiner Brewery and nearby bbq
For my money Goode Company on Kirby, just south of I-69, is the best in town.

Reaction Score
I was just admitted to FB group. Here is some info. No start time yet so might as well get there after Open Practice.

Happy Wednesday y’all!! Sounds like a group is planning to get together at Truck Yard in EaDo on Friday night. Spread the word! Emily or I will post any changes. Go Huskies!!

Here is more information from the FB page.

Thanks! Have a safe drive!

Reaction Score
Anyone know where the Miami sections are? Buying tickets on the secondary market.

I know the UConn areas but if I can't get those I want to avoid the Miami areas if possible.

Edit: looks like Miami's ticket allocation is for the opposite corner from UConn's. Think 102 and 140. Layout makes sense.
Where are the UConn sections?

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
BBQ?, try this out. The Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints: 2021 Edition
A map should load, takes a bit, click on [ ] and expand it and can be filtered to top 10, top 50 and honorable mentions.
These are the top BBQ spots per Texas Monthly and their BBQ critic Daniel Vaughn.
I’m only the messenger, plenty of good stuff near Houston
Maybe a Sunday road trip to the Shiner Brewery and nearby bbq

Can't go wrong with the Top 50 list. I've been to a couple in Houston. Shiner however is 2 hours from Houston, but there are many local options.

Reaction Score
My buddies and drove one way from Houston to CT back in 2008. That was across several days and was very long and draining- can't you fly out on Sunday? Seems a lot safer and cheaper even if you fly into Dallas ($246 r/t on American with reasonable flight times plus an $80 rental car) and need a rental car. Gas alone before tolls will cost you $400 if you drive.
yeah and i'm very close to EWR. But it's amost about the adventure at this point ....

Best case scenario - i Drive 16 hours to charlotte and pick up my dad ( who mat not go with me ). And then break into 4x 4 hour driving sessions

edit: plus i can't do any decision-making until mother in-law is out of surgery and whatever happens Saturday has occurred.

Reaction Score
I was on the edge all week due to flight prices... but finally decided to pull the trigger tonight. Flying out of Boston and into Austin to make it affordable at $500, but they are at least direct flights, so don't have to worry about missing a connection. Section 120 lets go!

Reaction Score
yeah and i'm very close to EWR. But it's amost about the adventure at this point ....

Best case scenario - i Drive 16 hours to charlotte and pick up my dad ( who mat not go with me ). And then break into 4x 4 hour driving sessions

edit: plus i can't do any decision-making until mother in-law is out of surgery and whatever happens Saturday has occurred.
Nothing like being on the road IMO. Hope all goes with well with your mother-in-law and family.

Reaction Score
Here is another event for Saturday by the Houston Alumni Association.

Looking for a place to hangout before Saturday's game? Join us at Little Woodrow's Midtown for a Husky Hangout!
Good central spot and easy access to the light rail to get to NRG Stadium!!

Reaction Score
looking forward to seeing folks at the Truck Yard tonight. On a plane now heading to Houston. Currently without tickets- trying to get down low and sit with other husky fans. I know there are plenty of cheap upper tickets available, but If anyone has uconn section tickets I would love to buy them first before going out to StubHub. Thanks-

Reaction Score
Sounds like there isn't much to do around NRG. Places like New Orleans, San Antonio and Vegas are much better for Final Fours than somewhere like Houston where everything is so spread out.

Reaction Score
Sounds like there isn't much to do around NRG. Places like New Orleans, San Antonio and Vegas are much better for Final Fours than somewhere like Houston where everything is so spread out.

The FanFest is all Downtown and not by NRG. It's at George R Brown Convention Center between Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park.

Reaction Score
The FanFest is all Downtown and not by NRG. It's at George R Brown Convention Center between Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park.
How far is downtown from NRG? I don't know Houston at all.

Reaction Score
How far is downtown from NRG? I don't know Houston at all.
It’s a 15-35 minute drive depending on traffic.
A reliable option is using the light rail from downtown to NRG especially AFTER the game as I suspect Uber will be overworked and overpriced. Going there, the ride share surge is more spaced out and availability should be better especially if you leave early.
Historically, Houston has done a good job with “cleaning up” the light rail service for large events. They’ve even added trains and express options. The light rail ride is about 35 minutes with a 5 minute walk at the end. Goes by pretty fast and is reliable. Very stress free, just leave early enough. Heading back to downtown will be crammed but it’s either that or wait in line for an overpriced uber/Lyft.
You may want to check your hotel to see if they offer a bus service. That’s not a terrible option since it’s usually a coach bus and not a public transit bus but expect to stop at a lot of hotels.
I used the light rail in ‘11 and it worked fine.

Reaction Score

Big time. San Antonio was awesome!

Reaction Score
Any live rock and roll this weekend? I know it's all about Country down there.

Reaction Score
Used my Season ticket holders/donor status to buy tickets for friends since I can't get down there. Got my seat assignments through TicketMaster. Now it won't let me transfer them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom