Who is going to Houston? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
BBQ?, try this out. The Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints: 2021 Edition
A map should load, takes a bit, click on [ ] and expand it and can be filtered to top 10, top 50 and honorable mentions.
These are the top BBQ spots per Texas Monthly and their BBQ critic Daniel Vaughn.
I’m only the messenger, plenty of good stuff near Houston
Maybe a Sunday road trip to the Shiner Brewery and nearby bbq

Reaction Score
Thank you for the info. I just requested admission to this private group. If I find out about any gatherings, I will update here. Super psyched as I am starting my 1000 mile drive later today. Hope to be at public practice tomorrow.
I was just admitted to FB group. Here is some info. No start time yet so might as well get there after Open Practice.

Happy Wednesday y’all!! Sounds like a group is planning to get together at Truck Yard in EaDo on Friday night. Spread the word! Emily or I will post any changes. Go Huskies!!

Here is more information from the FB page.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
BBQ?, try this out. The Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints: 2021 Edition
A map should load, takes a bit, click on [ ] and expand it and can be filtered to top 10, top 50 and honorable mentions.
These are the top BBQ spots per Texas Monthly and their BBQ critic Daniel Vaughn.
I’m only the messenger, plenty of good stuff near Houston
Maybe a Sunday road trip to the Shiner Brewery and nearby bbq
Mentions Truth BBQ and Feges for Houston

Reaction Score
IF - we win on Saturday. I was curious if anyone was looking for someone to carpool with to Houston.

Long story short - I cannot commit to the full week - because my Mother In Law is going into surgery for what is suspected to be cancer. I was crazy excited sunday morning looking up flights and hotels only to find out the 1:50 chance that it is the day my MIL goes lays on the date i'd fly out for everything.....

we've been battling this for 7 weeks now, and the Friday I wanted to leave for Houston is the Friday of the actual surgery to FINALLY find out what's what.

So Final Four is out for me, but if anyone is down to take turns driving down( in the general vicinity) - I'm in NNJ by the GW Bridge. For the Championship Game. Pls Reach out.

As much fun as it sounds to take a methed out 24 hour drive like a trucker.... It would be nice to have a friend(s). Hit me up.

Quick edit as I was drunk planning last night.

My Dad and I were planning on going to Houston. While doing the planning my wife reminded me that my Mother in Law has surgery - so this weekend is out of the question. Have literally spent the last 3 months trying to figure out what type of cancer she has and how bad it is and the one day she has surgery scheduled is the day I would have been set to go to Houston. But I digress.

However, Monday is not out of the question... if we advance, of course. (don't want to anger the mojo gods).

If anyone is crazy enough to spontaneously look for a driving partner from the NNJ / CT general area (can meet up) to split up the driving hours. it's 24 hours straight through - so that would be a Sunday departure at some point early. Also, open to other ideas if anyone has them.

Reaction Score
Join President Radenka Maric and university leadership for a meet and greet Thursday, March 30th from 7 - 9pm at Christian’s Tailgate Bar & Grill (2000 Bagby St. #105/106).

Reaction Score
Has anyone received information regarding their tickets from UConn.?. Still waiting here

Reaction Score
Quick edit as I was drunk planning last night.

My Dad and I were planning on going to Houston. While doing the planning my wife reminded me that my Mother in Law has surgery - so this weekend is out of the question. Have literally spent the last 3 months trying to figure out what type of cancer she has and how bad it is and the one day she has surgery scheduled is the day I would have been set to go to Houston. But I digress.

However, Monday is not out of the question... if we advance, of course. (don't want to anger the mojo gods).

If anyone is crazy enough to spontaneously look for a driving partner from the NNJ / CT general area (can meet up) to split up the driving hours. it's 24 hours straight through - so that would be a Sunday departure at some point early. Also, open to other ideas if anyone has them.
My buddies and drove one way from Houston to CT back in 2008. That was across several days and was very long and draining- can't you fly out on Sunday? Seems a lot safer and cheaper even if you fly into Dallas ($246 r/t on American with reasonable flight times plus an $80 rental car) and need a rental car. Gas alone before tolls will cost you $400 if you drive.

Reaction Score
Re: tickets from UConn, at all previous Final Fours when they did paper tickets, UConn handed out the tickets at a ballroom in the team hotel to those who bought through the school. I imagine that's what'll happen here unless the tickets are electronic.

The hotel the team and school staff are staying at is the Whitehall. That's confirmed from some Instagram posts this morning. The Magnolia may be for fans only. Not sure which one they'd give out the tickets, but bet on it being one of those two.

Reaction Score
Re: tickets from UConn, at all previous Final Fours when they did paper tickets, UConn handed out the tickets at a ballroom in the team hotel to those who bought through the school. I imagine that's what'll happen here unless the tickets are electronic.

The hotel the team and school staff are staying at is the Whitehall. That's confirmed from some Instagram posts this morning. The Magnolia may be for fans only. Not sure which one they'd give out the tickets, but bet on it being one of those two.
All electronic this year. No physical tix anymore.

Reaction Score

Yes that is true. Been to all the previous ones. This is the only time however when they haven’t confirmed that I actually will receive a ticket electronically or not. Still waiting for that word. Have flight and hotel already. They did charge for them however

Reaction Score
Ah ok! Then it's pretty interesting that they haven't transferred the tickets to people's emails or accounts by this point.
We received our tickets electronically the morning of the game in Vegas. Don't worry- they will get them to you. We were concerned and they kept saying not to worry and they would be sent.

Reaction Score
I just need to know if they are electronic or not. If they are paper I need to give them my buddy’s information to pick them up. Let’s hope they are mobile tickets like they said.

Reaction Score
I just need to know if they are electronic or not. If they are paper I need to give them my buddy’s information to pick them up. Let’s hope they are mobile tickets like they said.
They are digital. You will get them either tonight or tomorrow.

Reaction Score
We lit out here fellas

Attachments

• B5FF567E-65FE-4832-B85E-6A05EB6585D5.jpeg
    B5FF567E-65FE-4832-B85E-6A05EB6585D5.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 134

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
To save many of you valuable time...don't look for me. I'll be back here in CT.

Have a blast everyone!!!

Reaction Score
Yes that is true. Been to all the previous ones. This is the only time however when they haven’t confirmed that I actually will receive a ticket electronically or not. Still waiting for that word. Have flight and hotel already. They did charge for them however
Tickets through UCONN are electronic

Reaction Score
I was just admitted to FB group. Here is some info. No start time yet so might as well get there after Open Practice.

Happy Wednesday y’all!! Sounds like a group is planning to get together at Truck Yard in EaDo on Friday night. Spread the word! Emily or I will post any changes. Go Huskies!!

Here is more information from the FB page.

Houston area alum here. Friday night is super informal. Just picked a spot that is fun and different, and told alumni from here and Austin to just show up. Also a few fans with big Twitter followings may head to Truckyard. Nothing planned....just look for people in Uconn gear

Reaction Score
Spoke with someone five minutes ago. Won't be released til tomorrow
Fly out tomorrow at 4:58. I just was hoping someone from Uconn would say You ordered 4 and will get 4. I don't care when they place them in my account as long as its before tip off.

Reaction Score
Anyone know where the Miami sections are? Buying tickets on the secondary market.

I know the UConn areas but if I can't get those I want to avoid the Miami areas if possible.

Edit: looks like Miami's ticket allocation is for the opposite corner from UConn's. Think 102 and 140. Layout makes sense.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom