Who is going to Houston? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
Yeah NCAA changed it up. You don’t get the champ game if your team doesn’t make it. Assuming it’s because the NCAA wants to control the resale market and not allow for prices to drop from losing schools.

Reaction Score
It will just result in unsold tickets.
Yeah NCAA changed it up. You don’t get the champ game if your team doesn’t make it. Assuming it’s because the NCAA wants to control the resale market and not allow for prices to drop from losing schools.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Better off staying Downtown or area near stadium??? Have never been to Houston and could use the help

Reaction Score
Just booked flights. Need to figure out tickets.
Been a UConn fanatic for decades but could never match the number of games you are able to attend. As far as I am concerned UConn should comp you a couple, for you and a guest right behind the bench. Look forward to seeing you at The Dog House in the fall. Glad you along with so many others are bringing your mojo to Texas. !!!

Reaction Score
I’m ready to be completely let down by the underwhelming city of Houston.
I like Houston. It's a good city for certain things. Good food, and a lot of old oil money funding arts foundations (music, visual, film, etc.)

The worst thing about Houston is the weather but otherwise it's a much better city than many.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like Houston. It's a good city for certain things. Good food, and a lot of old oil money funding arts foundations (music, visual, film, etc.)

The worst thing about Houston is the weather but otherwise it's a much better city than many.
Do they have good pizza? I’m in the Galleria area and have no idea what to expect.

Reaction Score
Do they have good pizza? I’m in the Galleria area and have no idea what to expect.
Ha! It's a money city so Continental and American was top notch, but they do great barbecue and texmex obviously. Not familiar with the Galleria but I spent time Midtown, in the area around the Menil museum, Rice University and the Zoo. My sense was that there are many cool places dotting the city everywhere but that if you walked a few blocks the wrong way, you could find yourself in a rundown area. Rice U. is like that. Kind of like New Haven if New Haven were 100x bigger. There is no central base that you could use as a base to walk around for a spell.

Reaction Score
It will just result in unsold tickets.
I know. It backfired on them this time. But look at Albany last week. They did the same thing but took the schools who lost tickets and put them on the secondary market.

Reaction Score
Better off staying Downtown or area near stadium??? Have never been to Houston and could use the help
Downtown or Galleria. There is nothing by the stadium. You'll need a car if you just want a cup of coffee

Reaction Score
So I can get from Greensboro flight and lodging from 3/31 to 4/4 for $2k. How much for tics, and should I tweak my dates?

Please hit me if you realize I’m a fan and would want decent seats.

Reaction Score
I would not stay near the stadium. There’s very little around it in terms of good restaurants and bars and it’s not the safest. Wouldn’t say it’s overly dangerous, just not where you want to be when not at the games. And the hotels there are limited and not the greatest. If you’re beholden to a hotel try to stay downtown (expensive) or Gallaria area. If you’re open to an Airbnb, stay in the Heights, Montrose, EADO (within 2 miles of downtown) or near Rice. I live in Houston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom