Who I now want as our next head coach. | The Boneyard

Who I now want as our next head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is definitely a reach: Herman Edwards. He works at ESPN, and he is a great motivator. Would he want to give it a try?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I prefer Jim Mora if he's still alive. "A bowl game? A bowl game? You're talking about a bowl game???"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is definitely a reach: Herman Edwards. He works at ESPN, and he is a great motivator. Would he want to give it a try?
I'd almost accept this just to get him off TV.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Guy wins one game of note against a team's 4th string QB and you guys want to hire him? You deserve Diaco.

We are one more bad season from going back to the trailers football wise. The only way to turn this around, I think, is with an NFL guy who can run a college program.

You get a guy who knows what it takes to make the league, add in the opportunity to play early with a good education, and a shot at getting the G5 bowl bid and you have the makings of a draw for recruits.

Getting fifth choice from the hot P5 assistants and FBS coaches or some retread is not a recipe for success. This is not the same program that lured Diaco. No program north and east of Penn State has been able to find a decent guy since Edsall and O'Brien left.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Chris Berman. We might as well go bumblin, stumblin, and fumblin into the endzone.
"No one, and I mean no one circles the dog sleds like the UConn Huskies..."- Chris Berman

Reaction Score
Guy wins one game of note against a team's 4th string QB and you guys want to hire him? You deserve Diaco.

We are one more bad season from going back to the trailers football wise. The only way to turn this around, I think, is with an NFL guy who can run a college program.

You get a guy who knows what it takes to make the league, add in the opportunity to play early with a good education, and a shot at getting the G5 bowl bid and you have the makings of a draw for recruits.

Getting fifth choice from the hot P5 assistants and FBS coaches or some retread is not a recipe for success. This is not the same program that lured Diaco. No program north and east of Penn State has been able to find a decent guy since Edsall and O'Brien left.
I gave you a like but only 3/4's do I really like. We had that NFL guy in Pasqualoni and that didn't turn out so well. The trick is getting a guy in that kids want to play for and that can put together a good staff. Morehead? Who knows him outside of the Northeast? What kind of staff can he put together and where is he strong on the recruiting trail? Kiffen, Miles, Strong? Wouldn't touch UConn with a ten foot pole. Marenelli, DC for the Cowboys? I doubt you could pry him away from the NFL right now and even if you could there would be bigger college fish courting him. There might be a guy in the NFL looking to coach college ball but can they attract kids to UConn? Whoever is the next guy up for the Huskies has got to be a name kids want to play for. No more coordinators looking to step up one wrung on the ladder.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
He is the opposite of Diaco. He plays to win the game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I gave you a like but only 3/4's do I really like. We had that NFL guy in Pasqualoni and that didn't turn out so well. The trick is getting a guy in that kids want to play for and that can put together a good staff. Morehead? Who knows him outside of the Northeast? What kind of staff can he put together and where is he strong on the recruiting trail? Kiffen, Miles, Strong? Wouldn't touch UConn with a ten foot pole. Marenelli, DC for the Cowboys? I doubt you could pry him away from the NFL right now and even if you could there would be bigger college fish courting him. There might be a guy in the NFL looking to coach college ball but can they attract kids to UConn? Whoever is the next guy up for the Huskies has got to be a name kids want to play for. No more coordinators looking to step up one wrung on the ladder.

No one should have wanted PP.

The Giants DC looked pretty good last night. I don't think he'll get a look as an NFL HC, northeast guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom