who gets the interim coach position? | The Boneyard

who gets the interim coach position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would guess Hughes, but there would be no reason for Hughes not to let Weist have 100% control of the offense...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Weist or Hughes?

I hope Weist gets the call

I don't care who gets it, I just hope this dream scenario you've suggested comes true.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun - change the culture

Oh wait. You've posted that like a half dozen times I figured you were waiting for someone to finally find it witty... But you are serious. Holy .

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Permanent ? Weist let the future begin now!!!!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Weist, but I have one question for him, did you really call that jet sweep to Foxx three times against Buffalo before midway through Q2? If so, you're not staying either.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Weist. We need new perspective. Since he's been on this staff the shortest, he gets the nod.

Reaction Score
the only reason *!I dont want it to go to Hughes is that he's going to want the job and Uconn really needs to get it right this time. Hughes is a good guy, but he's not head coach material IMO, not knocking him, we just need someone more higher profile

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Weist, but I have one question for him, did you really call that jet sweep to Foxx three times against Buffalo before midway through Q2? If so, you're not staying either.

He has had a few gems that he should probably answer for, like when he ran two read-option plays against Michigan with Whitmer; a quarterback known for not being able to run. There have been more than a couple of question marks in my mind on his playcalling, although it's fair to speculate whether or not his calls were being usurped...

Reaction Score
Scary thought here...

If PP gets fired, does Warde go with the associate HC GDL? I'm by no means suggesting it, but this is the same guy who went to the Virgin Islands while the ACC was deciding they wanted a Louisville and we were relegated to The 'Merican

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Scary thought here...

If PP gets fired, does Warde go with the associate HC GDL? I'm by no means suggesting it, but this is the same guy who went to the Virgin Islands while the ACC was deciding they wanted a Louisville and we were relegated to The 'Merican

The answer is "No". If the answer was "Yes", then Weist wouldn't currently be here. He's here because Warde has already indicated that the answer is "no"...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He has had a few gems that he should probably answer for, like when he ran two read-option plays against Michigan with Whitmer; a quarterback known for not being able to run. There have been more than a couple of question marks in my mind on his playcalling, although it's fair to speculate whether or not his calls were being usurped...
Yeah, I'm in the camp that says the Whitmer QB option is a terrible play call. He's too slow and physically not strong enough for the punishment.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So does GDL get canned tonight too?

If Warde cans PP, I couldn't imagine a scenario where that's not accompanied by canning GDL, simply based on how he made PP bring in a new OC...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Y'all like Weist's play calling? LMFAO.

Hughes.

Reaction Score
Don't care. Anyone will do. Maybe this guy.

habitual-paint-huffer-jailed-again.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Honestly, after four games of this offense, I can't see any reason why we'd want Weist to stick around a minute longer than the rest of them.

If I am Warde, I would want to hear about whats going on with the play calling before I reshuffle the deck mid season. Problem is, you cant fire everyone mid season.

Reaction Score
Hughes gets the interim job. The reward for this is he'll get to stick around on the new staff but he won't be the permanent hire. Weist gets full control of the offense, but no guarantees on next year. GDL is let go as well, Foley takes back the OL. Grad Asst watches the TEs, who seem to have continued to have improved under Foley's tutelage.

Two interim coach hires go to guys otherwise out of work, who'll hopefully be able to recruit (no promises on a permanent job, it's an audition for them).

Warde gets working on the names on his list and recruiting the permanent coach.

Reaction Score
I won't throw a guy with Weist's energy out that easy. We hated Ambrose, apparently he's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom