Who expected to win tonight? | The Boneyard

Who expected to win tonight?

Reaction Score
Not me. I hoped they would play well but didn't expect that ether.

I had hoped we would have figured out a starting line up by tonight. Has not happened.

Every minute we play DO is a minute we could use developing Carlton. Of all the things I think are dumb, (including Larrier running the baseline for a TO) I think that playing DO over Carlton is the dumbest.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If someone thought we’d get a win tonight, you can find their picture next to the word optimist in the dictionary.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I thought it was a winnable game....

Reaction Score
I expect to win every game. It’s in my DNA as a UConn fan. Unfortunately it isn’t in Kevin’s DNA

Reaction Score
Not me. I hoped they would play well but didn't expect that ether.

I had hoped we would have figured out a starting line up by tonight. Has not happened.

Every minute we play DO is a minute we could use developing Carlton. Of all the things I think are dumb, (including Larrier running the baseline for a TO) I think that playing DO over Carlton is the dumbest.

HOPE. Sure. I continue to hope this is just a bad dream they will just snap out of any game now.....

No expectations whatsoever.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I just watch out of habit, and to see if we can reach new depths. The 20 point loss season record provides some intrigue.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Not sure why.
I was being sarcastic... Considering someone always starts a thread with "this is a winnable game", smart money was on Witchita even with the spread

Reaction Score
Didn't expect to win, hoped to avoid embarrassment.

The only game against a decent opponent in which we've avoided embarrassment was Cincy, and even that was only because the score stayed respectable despite the game being effectively over 5 minutes in.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic... Considering someone always starts a thread with "this is a winnable game", smart money was on Witchita even with the spread
Gotcha....we definitely need a sarcasm font.

Reaction Score
Since when is it ok not to expect a Uconn win? Up until the start of last year, the response was RARELY, if ever.

A late fall/winter weekend was never quite complete without a Uconn win. Most weekends up until last year were indeed complete.

That says it all.

Reaction Score
Wasn't expecting a win. I was hoping that we didn't get blown out by 40.

Reaction Score
This thread can't be serious. People actually thought this game would be close?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I no longer expect to win any games. I expect to lose most and hope to win some. Mainly, I hope we don't get embarrassed especially in nationally televised games.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

DO did in 2 minutes at start of game was much better than Carleton did in his 2 minutes - DO had a hoop, 3 rebounds and some hustle - Carlton had 2 fouls in 8 seconds, 2 turnovers and missed 3 rebounds-- Carleton will get better but DO has played with more desire
You can't develop someone who is sitting on a bench in foul trouble. A game vs the huge front line of 2 seniors of WSU is not a good place to develop
I would agree vs a much less talented team

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Didn't expect to win, hoped to avoid embarrassment.

The only game against a decent opponent in which we've avoided embarrassment was Cincy, and even that was only because the score stayed respectable despite the game being effectively over 5 minutes in.
The first WSU game was within reach 65% of the game

Reaction Score
The first WSU game was within reach 65% of the game
And that means what? I guess one could say that if a game is in a 7-10 point range it is in reach but we have been embarrassed by the great majority of good teams we have played. Those “in reach” moments bounce quickly out of control and the reality is that at no time is this team truly competitive. How many teams in the P5 conferences and the AAC are worse than us? It can’t be that many.

Reaction Score
URI is 20-3 and ranked 18th...I guarantee their fans think just about any game is winnable. Winning breeds winning. Sure it's the A10, but I'm thinking we would have trouble being .500 in that conference as well. KO has created a dumpster fire under his watch. He just has to go ASAP.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I didn't see a path to victory, something has to drastically change for us to beat a really good team

No turnovers, made shots, strong rebounding

we're bad at everything, I'd be happy if we could do 1 out of 3, 2 out of three will keep the games closer, 3 out of three is nearly impossible, and 0-3 is the norm

just not enough talent and / or experience to compete with the best teams

part of our problem is that we're playing 8 games against teams with Final Four aspirations, and I think their confidence is shot

a much harder schedule than we tend to get (or give) credit for

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom