Who do you fear? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who do you fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Wagner seahawks :rolleyes:
Unless you're talking about the Bobby Wagner Seahawks of 2013-14, I'm not seeing it.

Seriously, though, they shouldn't pair us with Wagner. They're based in Staten Island, and it would be like a home game for them in Brooklyn. We've earned the right not to play in front of someone else's fans, no matter how big a mismatch it seems to be on paper.

Reaction Score
Iowa St. (they destroy ball screens), Arizona (Boswell and Love can win games), Auburn (just very deep and they have multiples who shoot the three), Florida (One of the deepest collection of tall frontcourt players)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
how much does geography factor in for the 2 seeds b/c the four projected 2's all have a clear preference:

east- uconn / tenn
midwest- purdue / marquette
south- houston / isu
west- unc / zona

but that would disadvantage us b/c tenn is not the weakest 2 seed and it would disadvantage the 1 seed in the west relative to zona. so it should be:

east- uconn / zona
midwest- purdue / marq
south- houston / tenn
west- unc / isu
Based on KenPom and NET rankings, with UNC losing tonight, Auburn might actually sneak in as the last one seed if they win the SEC tourney tomorrow. That might make your 2-seeds UNC, Tennessee, ISU and Arizona. Marquette might be pushed to the 3-line.

Reaction Score
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
I dont like games against the Power conferences in the early rounds. We could easily see UConn vs Duke in the Sweet 16 for example.

Reaction Score
Any team that can get hot and score like crazy. So a team like Bama, Arizona, Kentucky, etc. Honestly not too worried about teams like Iowa St. and Houston. Those are great defensive teams, but we should be able to wither them away throughout the game with our elite offense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A team that hits the 3s at a high rate at 50% or better and or a very deep backcourt.

UConn does one thing better than any team I have seen this year and that is playing unselfishly

Reaction Score
If we play even our B game we likely beat every teams A game. For us to lose we have to beat ourselves. If we play defense like we did against St. Johns and offense like we played the first half of the championship game we will lose.
That's why we played that way now........get it out of the way!!!!

Having said that, we've proven a low seed that's on the rise can carry a hot streak to the end. I don't take any team for granted.

Reaction Score
I think Auburn is getting the last 2 seed if they win tomorrow. Only team in Kenpom top 10 for offense and defense

Reaction Score
Admittedly I haven’t watched Houston, Tennessee, some others. Who might we have trouble with?
No one. But Iowa state is really the only team I don’t want to play or any big east teams.

Reaction Score
Purdue is not a good basketball team. Auburn, Houston, ISU? Fine. But UConn should run Purdue out of the gym.
They are a top 10 providence team that buckles when they need to win and comes from a conference that has this same dna trait.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
No team, just foul trouble, a cold shooting night, and a hot opponent.
2/3 happened last night and we still won by 16 points. Someone needs all 3 of these and some good bounces too…

Reaction Score
Who "should" we fear?
Anybody after the first 2 games.
Last year did "anybody" fear us? It's the tournament. A team can get hot, like we did last year, and run the table. You can have a terrible night, and be upset, injuries can crop up, the list is endless. So buckle up, it may be a bumpy ride.......then again it could be a coronation. It's the tournament and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Reaction Score
Is Houston compromised injury wise for the tourney?
NCAA tourney is a crapshoot, we see it every year with giants going down to relative unknowns. As good as we are I request some good luck at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom