USF over Syracuse - check
Boise over TCU
Air Force over Wyoming
Cincinnati over WVU
Louisville over Pitt
UCF over So Miss
BYU over Idaho

Watching w/ interest, don't care about outcome : Navy vs SMU, Rutgers vs Army

Agree 100%, but I'll add Rutgers to "rooting for" column. Just can't afford not to pull for any of the remaining 5 at the moment in non-conference games.

Reaction Score
The "God Bless Joe PA" banners at the game are appalling, I am discusted by their fans and feel sorry for the players, but f-em all I hope the whole program goes away.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I have probably never rooted for Nebraska before in watching college football for almost 60 years, but I am today, after hearing this nonsense about the PSU players walking the game ball to Joe-the-enabler's house.

Stop that idiocy, huskers!

Reaction Score
Watching the PSU-Nebraska game. Fans started a "JoePa" chant.

Yep. Fan those flames.

Reaction Score
I think rooting interest will be very mixed for different reasons. Some will root for PSU because they realize the players & fans had nothing to do with this and have been put in a horrible situation. Other people will root hard against them, seeing the PSU team as representing an institution that is corrupt and has disgraced itself by allowing these horrific crimes to persist. Just the way people think.

The institutional hatred that is likely to develop around ANYTHING having to do with PSU should not be underestimated, especially if the institutional coverup is systemic as the media is hinting at. Sandusky's charity used as a prostitution ring and lots of PSU officials knew this, for example. I am not saying this is true and that the football players are at all at fault because they are not. But the crimes are so disgusting, so beyond the pale that people would have to make a special effort to remind themselves that the whole school is not to blame for the actions of a few. The public's reaction is quite healthy and although our culture is going down the drain there are some things that are wrong and are always wrong.

Managers in a position to hire completely innocent PSU grads might think twice just because of how soiled the name is becoming. Do not be surprised if this happens.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for a team of hard working blameless players trying to accomplish their goals. You're rooting against an institution that failed in its humanity.
As long as the players are allowed to play, I'm supporting their efforts. Once the game ends I can go back to my feelings of disgust for the "guilty"',
I fully realize that most analogies pale with this outragous crime, but rooting against these PSU players is vaguely akin to shunning the Enron workforce for the criminal acts of their management team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom