Who do we play next? | The Boneyard

Who do we play next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Add to this thread any info on our next game since DePaul backed out. Any games being scheduled before the new year?

Reaction Score
DePaul did not back out, we cancelled the game because they didn’t meet our states covid protocols. That being said, as far as I am aware, the 2nd game against DePaul on 12/30 is still on.
Hoping to hear news on a big east opponent addition for around the 27th in the coming days.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We need to wash the stank off after this one before going to Chi-Town

Reaction Score
I really think we need to pick up a buy game or 2 over the next week. The team clearly could use some game action vs an inferior opponent. We've also only been able to play 4 of our 9 scheduled games. Need 13 to be eligible for the NCAA tournament. With 15 more games currently scheduled and if that ratio holds up we will not play enough games in the regular season to be eligible, and would be relying on playing multiple games in the conference tournament (if one happens). We need games.

Reaction Score
I really think we need to pick up a buy game or 2 over the next week. The team clearly could use some game action vs an inferior opponent. We've also only been able to play 4 of our 9 scheduled games. Need 13 to be eligible for the NCAA tournament. With 15 more games currently scheduled and if that ratio holds up we will not play enough games in the regular season to be eligible, and would be relying on playing multiple games in the conference tournament (if one happens). We need games.
They have at least 19 games left and the BET tournament. Conference games are going to be made up.

Reaction Score
They have at least 19 games left and the BET tournament. Conference games are going to be made up.
I'm still skeptical of conference tournaments being played. I think conferences will realize how risky they are for their NCAA-bound teams and skip them.

As to the games, I know we plan to makeup the cancelled ones, but what if we get to early March and still have half a dozen or more to make up? Odds are teams in the conference/UConn will continue to have COVID pauses, and I highly doubt the State moves off their 14 day quarantine requirement. I think its best to fit as many in as we can before the end of 2020 and then just see what happens in conference play. I highly doubt we are going to play a H/H with every Big East team.

Reaction Score
FYI the conference tournament only counts as 1 game -- no matter how many games you play -- was talking about this with the UHart coach on my live stream a couple weeks ago

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Add to this thread any info on our next game since DePaul backed out. Any games being scheduled before the new year?
Next game is DePaul at 9 pm on the 30th at Gampel. 9 days which in these times could be an eternity hopefully one of us doesn't have to pause again. I would love to see another game before the 30th but that also comes with increased risk of Covid

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I would hope that the NCAA would waive that requirement in this day and age. Of course if it keeps UConn from the tournament they will definitely keep it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom