Who Dat? | The Boneyard

Who Dat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
At the 2016 national WBB final, there was a young lady seated next to Stewie's mom. Anyone know who she was? A cousin maybe? Just curious, as there seemed to be a family resemblence.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched and wondered the same. Judging by the views without replies, nobody knows!

Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing because if you go back and look she's at all the finals sitting next to Stewie's mom.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I just rewatched and wondered the same. Judging by the views without replies, nobody knows!

good title to get "clicks" (views)... but after reading the subject people we'rent interest, didnt care or dont know (opened it twice) and it will get more views cause I just put it back at the tiop and those who looked may look agains to see if someone posted who the girl may be at which point they'll be disappointed again because my post brings no new info

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Did that some time ago. Didn't get a reply, as (I'm guessing) Stewie is a bit busy just now with WNBA stuff. Like games.
Or maybe she thinks it's none of our business.

I talked to the Stewarts in Indianapolis and the young woman was standing near us. We talked about "the family" presence but the Stewarts declined to elaborate on who was who so I figure it's personal and not my business.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
saw them at breakfast while in Indy. Same thing. :)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Or maybe she thinks it's none of our business.

I talked to the Stewarts in Indianapolis and the young woman was there near us. We talked about "the family" presence but the Stewarts declined to elaborate on who was who so I figure it's personal and not my business.

We often have inquired here on the BY as to the identity of someone in this or that photo or video. I don't see that anything I've asked in my post is an invasion of privacy. A fieldhouse full of people perhaps isn't a great place to seek anonymity, but whatever. At this point, the question no longer matters to me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We often have inquired here on the BY as to the identity of someone in this or that photo or video. I don't see that anything I've asked in my post is an invasion of privacy. A fieldhouse full of people perhaps isn't a great place to seek anonymity, but whatever. At this point, the question no longer matters to me.
Tweeting a player and asking who her guest was at the Final Four sounds like an invasion of privacy.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Tweeting a player and asking who her guest was at the Final Four sounds like an invasion of privacy.

Then we differ. And I am even less interested.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Then we differ. And I am even less interested.
unless you know the player... or you guys have tweeted back and forth prior to asking.

for a stranger to be asking (via the internet) about a "young lady" is a bit creepy.

did she look like a kid or a young adult?

Reaction Score
unless you know the player... or you guys have tweeted back and forth prior to asking.

for a stranger to be asking (via the internet) about a "young lady" is a bit creepy.

did she look like a kid or a young adult?
This is basically what social media is. You don't think Taylor Swift knows all 32 million of her Twitter followers that ask her all kinds of things on a regular basis do you? I don't think the tweet was unusual or creepy - it's not like he was asking for a name, age, or home address. If Stewie wanted to, or even saw the tweet, she could simply say it's my cousin or my long lost sister or a childhood friend.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is basically what social media is. You don't think Taylor Swift knows all 32 million of her Twitter followers that ask her all kinds of things on a regular basis do you? I don't think the tweet was unusual or creepy - it's not like he was asking for a name, age, or home address. If Stewie wanted to, or even saw the tweet, she could simply say it's my cousin or my long lost sister or a childhood friend.
That's the problem with social media. People are getting accustomed to asking personal questions behind a shield of anonymity. Call me old fashioned, but I'm with the not our business crowd. And I use social media for business, so I ain't all that out of the mainstream.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The players and coaches have personal lives that are none of our business. I can't do anything about the nosy people on Twitter but I can on the Boneyard.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Taylor has a motive for interacting with Twitter followers, millions of motives.. You damn near should ask her name, you went that far. If Stewie replied then what, nothing, same as she didn't reply... nothing. even creepier not letting it go

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
... even creepier not letting it go

Legitimate differences in perspective. No harm done, nor any intended toward anyone. I raised the white flag twice, and raise it again for a third time. There is a point where not letting it go might make me appear as a bully, and I won't play that game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Legitimate differences in perspective. No harm done, nor any intended toward anyone. I raised the white flag twice, and raise it again for a third time. There is a point where not letting it go might make me appear as a bully, and I won't play that game.
I was replying to HoopFan21... you could have let it go earlier but you could resist responding to my comment to HoopFan21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom