Who are some of your favorite past UCONN players? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who are some of your favorite past UCONN players?

Reaction Score
Kaile McLaren: for her passing and rebounding and giving Tina Charles breaks. Her mean duet with Maya Moore of the national anthem

Swin Cash: for her scoring and rebounding, her great personality. For her followup of a UCLA free throw miss with a shot at the wrong end of the floor that had the bench in stitches.

Kelly Schumacher: for her defense, rebounding, and scoring at critical times in important games

Tiffany Hayes: for coming in and taking over for her fallen roommate, Caroline Doty. She didn't lose a game as a freshman or sophomore. She really knew how to fall down.

Reaction Score
Let see, how many players in this photo you like? (I like all of them).

1650415959629.png

Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck, Ann Strother, Stacy Hansmeyer, Evina Westbrook, Caroline Ducharme, Nykesha Sales.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that was Kelly Schumacher that had 9 blocks that game. She actually had 10 blocks, but Sally Bell called a foul on Kelly for the last one. Sally later watched a replay and said it was a clean block and she admitted blowing the call. Kelly had an incredible game and we blew them out.
My bad, that's right it was Kelly.

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams was my favorite player to watch. Give me the super athletes every time.

UHF

Reaction Score
1. Gabby Williams.
2. Moriah Jefferson.
3. Breanna Stewart.
4. Maya Moore.
5. Svetlana Abrosimova

45 minutes of Gabby highlights.

Reaction Score
Stef Dolson.

And this is going to be a bold statement, but she’s my favorite Husky of all time.
I can't think of any player who arrived at UConn with such minimal expectations, who ended up as a great player and All- American. And she was tough as nailing, playing with painful injuries.

Reaction Score
Mel Thomas
Maya
Sveta
Napheesa
Carla Berube
Stef Dolson
Kia Nurse

Reaction Score
I'd like to interrupt this thread for a second, with something that's very related but not a list of players. Every time I read someone's list and a new name came up -- Stewie, say, or Rebecca, I found myself learning back in my chair, closing my eyes, and remembering what I saw those players do, and saying, "Yeah..."

It's the memories, folks. Those wonderful memories that those wonderful young women have given all of us over the years.. We UConn fans are really fortunate, because there are so damn many wonderful players. For every one of us who has a Laura Lishness moment, there's another who has a Caroline Doty moment. But all of us, even the newest fan, has something to cherish, because the team is so consistently good, year after year.

So, from me to you, just a request that we stop and think about all that we have (and will have, by the looks of things), and how fortunate we all are.

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams
Stephanie Dolson
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Kelly Faris
Kiah Stokes (as a senior)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads