Whitmer to Davis vs Whitmer to everyone else | The Boneyard

Whitmer to Davis vs Whitmer to everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Whitmer hasn't been great so far this season, but it seems like when he throws a great ball, its to Davis.

Near the end of BYU, he made a great throw. The TD to Davis vs Stony Brook. Another couple of passes vs Stony Brook - they were on the mark and on time.

When he throws to other (open) receivers, he seems to be making sure there isn't an INT or is just wildly inaccurate. When he did make good throws, they dropped it.

I wonder if its the confidence he has in Davis to get to the ball and catch it vs. the other guys.

Whitmer doesn't have to be great with everyone else. Just good enough to keep the defense from loading up to stop the run. And loading up to stop Davis.

Reaction Score
it seems like when he throws a great ball, its to Davis.

You noticed that too, huh? When you look back to last year, CC threw the ball to every open WR available. This is what bothered me Saturday vs. SBU... and then I saw the same thing Sunday in the 1st Quarter with my Cowboys ( Romo keying on Dez only and throwing INT's left and right vs. the 40whiners ).
Whitmer MUST open his eyes. We have capable WRs other than our best in Davis. Dhameer Bradley, Brian LaMelle, Noel Thomas, K. Abrams, Foxx. These guys can catch the football, they can get open too... He's gotta go to them... and be accurate enough for them to catch the football...Doesn't have to be perfect just accurate. And he also has capable TEs... McQuillan, Bloom, and Myers... haven't even mentioned the RBs which are capable too I'm sure...

Reaction Score
McQuillan dropped a key third down pass that would have gone for a first down early against BYU, then he dropped another pass against SBU, and then he stopped his route on the deep pass that would have led to an easy 6.

Whitmer seems to throw more accurate balls to guys who are covered. When they are wide open, he misses them. I've counted at least 4-5 drops each of the last 2 games. For some reason, most people only remember the dropped passes that came from Cochran or Boyle.

Reaction Score
Whitmer gets a bad rap from too many. Many of his throws to Geremy Davis are similar to his other ones. The difference is Davis has glue like hands and several other receivers have let him down.

Reaction Score
McQuillan dropped a key third down pass that would have gone for a first down early against BYU, then he dropped another pass against SBU, and then he stopped his route on the deep pass that would have led to an easy 6.

Whitmer seems to throw more accurate balls to guys who are covered. When they are wide open, he misses them. I've counted at least 4-5 drops each of the last 2 games. For some reason, most people only remember the dropped passes that came from Cochran or Boyle.

I watched the game on ESPN3 twice and the commentators were saying the same thing all game , Whitmer is not accurate and he's very inconsistent. The drop ball that McQuillan had against SB, Whitmer threw the ball to high where it was hard for him to go up and catch. That's not putting the ball where the Receiver can make a play. What I'm saying is that a lot of the drop balls you see are put in places that makes them hard to catch. Davis makes any QB look good remember he has a good catch radius which is pure talent, that's hard to teach Davis catch's everything.

Reaction Score
Whitmer gets a bad rap from too many. Many of his throws to Geremy Davis are similar to his other ones. The difference is Davis has glue like hands and several other receivers have let him down.

Gotta disagree here. Notice Davis had no yards after catch? Because Whitmer gets the ball to him late instead of throwing him open or anticipating. At this point I have no confidence that Whitmer will have the growth spurt he needs to lead the Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom