Whitmer in Eagles rookie camp | The Boneyard

Whitmer in Eagles rookie camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/05/who_is_taking_part_in_the_eagles_rookie_mini-camp.html

Well, there you have it. The first player that Pasqualoni's era recruited and brought in - a QB - at least getting NFL practice reps in rookie camp.

Congrats to Whitmer on the opportunity to show something. Unfortunate career he had - to never get to feel the energy and importance that is being the #2 QB on the roster at UCONN. He is a warrior on the field - as much as that can mean for a game - but my man has an Acchilles heel for the backbreaking interception late.

BJ McBryde also in camp.

Reaction Score
Whitmer has physical talents. He just could not see the field in college and his decision making was terrible. Of course, he spent his primary development under the stupid twins, so that certainly didn't help.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Whatttt??? Wow, didn't see that coming. Good for Chandler though. Hope he can turn this into something. There's also always the Arena League and CFL.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder what the heck our coaching staffs were doing with the offensive schemes they ran... Maybe it wasn't all Whitmer lack of ability at the position after all... I'm happy for the young man...

Reaction Score
i don't mean to be crass, as I gained a ton of respect for CW last year. He demonstrated a lot of heart, grit and class. I was hoping he might consider a grad asst role. And it must be cool to get the invite and participate in an NFL camp. But let's be honest - he's nothing more than a 3rd arm in camp, to keep the receivers moving. Even Kinne is a non-QB when official camp opens.

Reaction Score
i don't mean to be crass, as I gained a ton of respect for CW last year. He demonstrated a lot of heart, grit and class. I was hoping he might consider a grad asst role. And it must be cool to get the invite and participate in an NFL camp. But let's be honest - he's nothing more than a 3rd arm in camp, to keep the receivers moving. Even Kinne is a non-QB when official camp opens.

Who was the last QB to come out of UCONN and at least take a practice rep for an NFL team?

Reaction Score
Who was the last QB to come out of UCONN and at least take a practice rep for an NFL team?

Well, Lorenzen played Tight End. Didn't Trickshot Johnny get a tryout? Maybe Frazer?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Thatta boy Chandler!

Obviously a camp arm but hey - exposure.

Chip Kelly knows that our backup QB's are even better, right??!!:p

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder what the heck our coaching staffs were doing with the offensive schemes they ran... Maybe it wasn't all Whitmer lack of ability at the position after all... I'm happy for the young man...

Glad he got a shot. His JC stats were similar to Zach Mettenberger's at Butler.

I sat near CW's parents during the East Carolina game last year. He had it going and his parents were thrilled because he
took a lot of physical punishment and fan abuse last year. Our pass blocking did not help him but he hung in there.
I wonder how much Shane Day had to do with the tryout. Day went from QB coach of the ChicagoBears to UCONN and is
now Asst. Offensive line coach for the Washington Redskins.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Glad he got a shot. His JC stats were similar to Zach Mettenberger's at Butler.

I sat near CW's parents during the East Carolina game last year. He had it going and his parents were thrilled because he
took a lot of physical punishment and fan abuse last year. Our pass blocking did not help him but he hung in there.
I wonder how much Shane Day had to do with the tryout. Day went from QB coach of the ChicagoBears to UCONN and is
now Asst. Offensive line coach for the Washington Redskins.

LOL, Mettenberger is a 6'5" prototype QB with an absolute cannon of an arm though. The two guys aren't in the same stratosphere. Stats from JC are completely irrelevant as to physical talent. Teams like Butler CC are typically so far superior than their opponents that everyone puts up stats.

I can't believe he is even in a camp, but good for him and wish him luck. If he wants, he could probably make a good QB coach or mentor though.

Reaction Score
LOL, Mettenberger is a 6'5" prototype QB with an absolute cannon of an arm though. The two guys aren't in the same stratosphere. Stats from JC are completely irrelevant as to physical talent. Teams like Butler CC are typically so far superior than their opponents that everyone puts up stats.

I can't believe he is even in a camp, but good for him and wish him luck. If he wants, he could probably make a good QB coach or mentor though.

Whitmer got the snot beat out of him behind a porous offensive line. When given time, he proved he could move the ball. No debating Mettenberger over Whitmer but Whitmer has a great arm too.

Reaction Score
Doesn't surprise me at all.

CW had one of his best games against ECU because he had time to throw and they got the run game going.
We were making a great comeback against Army and CW threw that bad pick 6 which he took full responsibility for! One of the worst feelings I've had at the end of a UCONN game.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CW had one of his best games against ECU because he had time to throw and they got the run game going.
We were making a great comeback against Army and CW threw that bad pick 6 which he took full responsibility for! One of the worst feelings I've had at the end of a UCONN game.

History may rewrite his time here as always trying to do too much. I'm comfortable saying on a better team he would have had a better career. Consistently under pressure led to some bad decisions. We'll never know if he what he would have done with a 2009 OL and running game, but I think he would have compared favorably with Zach and Tyler. We can all blame the lost time under P/GDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom