Whipple outcoached Edsall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whipple outcoached Edsall

Reaction Score
So, you think Edsall will fail? Not trying to argue, just asking if that’s your thinking. I’m not sure yet. I like his ability to find athletes but as I’ve felt for almost 20 years now, he needs to keep his hands off the offense.
We’re heading toward a 1-11 season and will be the worst defensive team in the nation for the 2nd yr in a row. We just put up 15 yards of passing offense in an entire game. Pretty much a failure in my book.

Reaction Score
We’re heading toward a 1-11 season and will be the worst defensive team in the nation for the 2nd yr in a row. We just put up 15 yards of passing offense in an entire game. Pretty much a failure in my book.
Worst defensive team in the country, and 15 yards passing in an entire game. Our season in a nutshell.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
F Whipple... please every team we played threw the ball at will and you want to give credit for cracking the code in the 2nd half? This loss hurts more than any I can recall. So pissed. Oh and Edsall isn’t going to wow any recruits by making lame excuses like Pindell’s hands are small...what kind of BS is that? We all know he’s not a good passer...it’s simple just say the conditions were tough and we felt the run game was our best option...maybe that instead of slinging mud.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
F Whipple... please every team we played threw the ball at will and you want to give credit for cracking the code in the 2nd half? This loss hurts more than any I can recall. So pissed. Oh and Edsall isn’t going to wow any recruits by making lame excuses like Pindell’s hands are small...what kind of BS is that? We all know he’s not a good passer...it’s simple just say the conditions were tough and we felt the run game was our best option...maybe that instead of slinging mud.

Absolutely right. Now all our future opponents know if they get us in a bad weather game, just load the box with nine guys and shut down our rushing game, because there's zero chance we're going to throw the ball with "Mr. Small Hands" at QB. Edsall couldn't have been a bigger jerk yesterday.

Reaction Score
Geez, I'm sitting here wishing Randy just had one nut to give.

raisins.png

Reaction Score
Man, I'm so defeated by these grinding years of failure I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

I remember when I would look forward to getting up at 2 AM to listen to us play against West Virginia or Louisville online even if I fully expected to lose because there was always a chance. Now I can't bring myself to check the scores of 6pm games because I don't want to depress myself for the night.

Sigh...

Reaction Score
A lawn chair would have outcoached Edsall today.

Pindell runs right, Pindell runs left, Mensah up the middle, and the obligatory punt. A Pop Warner team would have eventually shut this predictable offense down.

With Lashee gone after the '17 season, Randy has totally reverted to run right, run left, run up the middle, punt. Same as first time at UConn.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The UMass loss turned on the pilot light below Edsall's chair. Turtling that game was unacceptable in every way. The "small hands" comment made turtling look even worse. The upcoming losses on the schedule better provide a tiny amount of positive or else the only people at the Rent next year will be the band and players' families. He'll get a 3rd year - everyone does - but the leash will (and should) be MUCH shorter in 2019. If we lose at UMass next year, then it'll be time to search through the couch cushions to pay another buyout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom