Which Big East Program is most negatively affected by the Pitino hire? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which Big East Program is most negatively affected by the Pitino hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the press conference where Pitino says

"Walter Berry isn't walking through that door.

Mark Jackson isn't walking through that door.

Malik Sealy isn't walking through that door."

Reaction Score
Did we ever lose a recruit to St John's? Did we ever really want a St John;s recruit?

I mean Chris Mullins played like 40 years ago. I think we're looking for different kids, not sure Pitino changes that much

I do think he'll be more successful in the transfer portal
Harkless? I remember his coach sayin something funny about us after dropped us

Reaction Score
I am struggling to find a downside to this. Either Pitino raids the transfer portal like a 10th century viking and pulls in a massive new roster and makes St. Johns competitive immediately, in which case the Big East benefits. Or he is a spectacular failure and we get to point and laugh at St. Johns some more. This is the definition of win/win, and a lot more fun than whatever nobody that Providence is going to get.

This is the definition of pure idiocy and complete lack of class.

Prove me right with some inane response.

Reaction Score
I guess we’ll see. ST John’s just hasn’t been legitimate in so long that I’m struggling to see it.
They were pretty legitimate at the XL Center

Reaction Score
Pitino will have an affect on anyone recruiting anywhere
He couldn't lure the top players to Iona BUT he can at St Johns
He will get some interesting assistant coaches who will also attract the players
Don't kid yourselves
Between him and Cooley, I see them vacuuming up alot of the top north east transfers this years. If there is success next year then I could see them competing with us for top kids in the area

Reaction Score
it will hurt everyone but uconn that syrcuse coach got out at the right time i say villnova myseif

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is the definition of pure idiocy and complete lack of class.

Prove me right with some inane response.

If English says "no", will Providence offer the job to the coach of the 6th place team in the A10?

caw

Reaction Score
st John’s should be able to keep nycs top talent in the world of NIL and now pitino

He has a tough first challenge if that’s the goal, with Fland.

Would love to see him get Jackson to reconsider UNC though.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Did we ever lose a recruit to St John's? Did we ever really want a St John;s recruit?

I mean Chris Mullins played like 40 years ago. I think we're looking for different kids, not sure Pitino changes that much

I do think he'll be more successful in the transfer portal
Well everyone on here was begging for AJ Storr 2 weeks ago…
'Bout to see a NIL Program on steroids... Linen tablecloth prices have just spiked in Little Italy
Anyone who’s downplaying this is delusional. Yes it’s good for the league. But northeast recruiting has just gotten 5x more difficult.

They will be tournament bound in year one. A few of his guys from Iona are jumping ship to join Storr, Soriano (if Pitino can keep him), and Posh.

Reaction Score
Well everyone on here was begging for AJ Storr 2 weeks ago…

Anyone who’s downplaying this is delusional. Yes it’s good for the league. But northeast recruiting has just gotten 5x more difficult.

They will be tournament bound in year one. A few of his guys from Iona are jumping ship to join Storr, Soriano (if Pitino can keep him), and Posh.
Never said Rick can't coach or recruit

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They were pretty legitimate at the XL Center

Team has a pathetic season and fires their coach, yet people cite one game thinking it matters and a Hurley Hater likes it

Welcome to the WWW, where everyone has a voice

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Team has a pathetic season and fires their coach, yet people cite one game thinking it matters and a Hurley Hater likes it

Welcome to the WWW, where everyone has a voice
St. John's did play well in the XL. If you are calling me a Hurley Hater you are way off.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Yea I read that yesterday in the NY post, lots of potential I feel, if the Johnnies become good again, they will have NYC buzzing
Well yeah. Anytime any New York team wins 3 games in a row, their fans and media act like pre-ordained Masters of the Universe. I don't even dare to look at the Post after a good breakfast.

Reaction Score
Loaded. The new power 6 of the BE imo
(in no order)

UConn
St. John's
Georgetown
Creighton
Marquette
Xavier

Then everyone else
If the BE ends up having to go to 12 or 14 teams in the future, Pitino and Cooley getting GT and St. Johns back to the top would at least make for a real nice balance/competitiveness between east and west divisions. As it sits, just taking those top three (and bottom two in DePaul/Butler and SHU/PC) would create great parity. Hopefully find a school or schools at VU level to jump in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom