Where to watch Saturday game in SW CT? | The Boneyard

Where to watch Saturday game in SW CT?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Going to be in Danbury area on Saturday and need a place to watch!

Not familiar with the area.

Does anyone know which bars would be good to watch and might have game audio?

Any places alum typically watch? Most of the group is 2014-15 alumni

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Pippa's (Danbury), Michael's Tap Room (Bethel) or Maggie McFly's (Brookfield). Suggest the latter two if your group is large.

g_smith

Reaction Score
Pippa's (Danbury), Michael's Tap Room (Bethel) or Maggie McFly's (Brookfield). Suggest the latter two if your group is large.
Thanks. Some of them have heard of Michael’s Taproom so that seems to be the defacto choice for now. Do you know if any have game audio?

I might call and ask ahead of time about Sat specifically

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Game audio might be tough. Pippa's is your best bet for that. Or Buffalo Wild Wings.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Some of them have heard of Michael’s Taproom so that seems to be the defacto choice for now. Do you know if any have game audio?

I might call and ask ahead of time about Sat specifically

Went to Michael's taproom for Creighton Uconn game last year but that was a 12pm game so was easy to get game sound on. I would just ask.

g_smith

Reaction Score
Went to Michael's taproom for Creighton Uconn game last year but that was a 12pm game so was easy to get game sound on. I would just ask.
Great info! I figure the more I can get there the higher chance they’ll be likely to do it

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
A bit south, but O'Neills in South Norwalk is always a solid choice for UConn games. Especially vs Providence 3/9. Earlier that day (11 am), Donny, one of the owners, is being honored as the Grand Marshall of Norwalk's St Patrick's parade. Should be quite the party the rest of the day at 93 North Main Street.

Reaction Score
I've never been so I can't vouch for the food, drink or viewing options but I hear it has good wings. I've been meaning to try it out myself. I think I read about it on the yard.

In the days where you couldn’t get ESPNU games on Optimum, and had to find a sports bar somewhere, we drove to TKs to watch the games. That was 15 years ago (at least), but for that time it was a good setup. And the wings were good.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm kicking myself for not mentioning TK's. Park across the street. The owner lurks around here but I forgot his handle.

Reaction Score
A bit south, but O'Neills in South Norwalk is always a solid choice for UConn games. Especially vs Providence 3/9. Earlier that day (11 am), Donny, one of the owners, is being honored as the Grand Marshall of Norwalk's St Patrick's parade. Should be quite the party the rest of the day at 93 North Main Street.

Ahh, my regular spot. Been going there since it opened in ‘98 at the old spot. Donny’s going to be a great grand marshal, should be a great weekend there as usual! As for the game, I second it - also have free parking out back and an outside tv.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Ahh, my regular spot. Been going there since it opened in ‘98 at the old spot. Donny’s going to be a great grand marshal, should be a great weekend there as usual! As for the game, I second it - also have free parking out back and an outside tv.
The upper level of the parking deck has been converted to a beer garden. Multiple TVs outside. Still some parking in the lower level if you are lucky! Place will be rocking 3/9 and 3/17. Myself & FfldCntyFan actually avoided the place last year for Iona 1st round NCAA on 3/17 because we wanted to watch/listen to the game :p

Reaction Score
TK's, Michaels and Pippa's all decent spots. Good wings at all three. BWW is an easy one for a large group just because it's a big place, but I'd rather any of the other 3.

g_smith

Reaction Score
Thanks again every time you delivered the goods

Reaction Score
Good for Donny, can’t find a better guy than him!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Junction or the Zebra Club? Lol. Only two places I know in Danbury…

O’Neill’s in Sono is a great place and the owner is a super nice guy. My friends and I would close down their old location in the early 2000’s and he’d let us hang after hours.

Reaction Score
The upper level of the parking deck has been converted to a beer garden. Multiple TVs outside. Still some parking in the lower level if you are lucky! Place will be rocking 3/9 and 3/17. Myself & FfldCntyFan actually avoided the place last year for Iona 1st round NCAA on 3/17 because we wanted to watch/listen to the game :p

The beer garden is down for the winter, it’s just the regular parking lot right now. That’ll come back when it warms up. I’d def avoid it for any tourney games on 3/17 - that’s what Blind Rhino is for instead on that day, haha. I’ve probably seen you there if you go regularly. I was just there last Fri. My home away from home…

Reaction Score

O’Neill’s in Sono is a great place and the owner is a super nice guy. My friends and I would close down their old location in the early 2000’s and he’d let us hang after hours.

Very good chance I closed it down with you…I was there literally Wed (the old karaoke nights with Bryan) through the weekends with Cowboy bartending, etc.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Very good chance I closed it down with you…I was there literally Wed (the old karaoke nights with Bryan) through the weekends with Cowboy bartending, etc.
Yep Cowboy is the man. I was good friends with his brother, Moose and several other native Norwalkers. Ollie sponsored our softball team for several years.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

Zebra Club was in Norwalk. Legendary.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1708744220111.jpg

O'Neills did a bus trip to the football game @ Army, 2004? 2005? Can't remember, it was an O'Neills bus trip party!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom