Where the hell is the game????????????? | The Boneyard

Where the hell is the game?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Or go to cbs gametracker like I do. Silly old bear!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I know this is too late to be of help for this game but perhaps in the future. We have Directv and our tier does not carry CBS College Sports Channel. HOWEVER, on the SportsMix channel, there it was among 5 other sporting events. So I got to watch the game on a pretty small screen, but still a lot bigger than my phone. Don't know if other systems have SportsMix channels

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Or go to cbs gametracker like I do. Silly old bear!
Watch your tongue, Brer Fox, or I'll sic Roscoe Wilson on you!!! :cool: Note the emoticon. Someone on this forum might take it seriously :(

Reaction Score
I don't like the ladies and men all of a sudden playing on cbs sports. I live in NYC and have Verizon with a million stations but this one weird station is not included. Tried to add it last week to watch the men and was told another $20 extra a month and I declined. I don't think we used to play on CBS sports.......AAC and then were on this loser station. ughhh

Reaction Score
I don't like the ladies and men all of a sudden playing on cbs sports. I live in NYC and have Verizon with a million stations but this one weird station is not included. Tried to add it last week to watch the men and was told another $20 extra a month and I declined. I don't think we used to play on CBS sports..AAC and then were on this loser station. ughhh
UConn has always played a game or two on CBS. Sometimes it's the main CBS channel, and other times it's on one of their sports channels.

Reaction Score
I refuse to pay for watching commercials. Cut cable two years ago and will never look back.

Reaction Score
I thought I had Verizon fios also......and 594 is CBS sports and it is not included. Maybe just my package, but I thought I had pretty much everything and didn't expect to need that weird station anyways. Gotta find out why it isn't included. I lived in CT my whole life but have been in nyc for the last six years and this is the first time I'm having problems viewing uconn games. Also as a side note.....I hate living in nyc. It's just a nice place to visit.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The question is will the UConnHuskyGames website have the game later?

Reaction Score
We have Dish and it is not part of the cheapo package that we buy. However, we were able to "upgrade" to the "America's Top 200" level, which carries CBS Sports Channel. I don't know if this is typical., but it'll cost us about 12 bucks a month more. We will keep it for the 30-day minimum and cancel, paying a $5 cancellation charge. Tital; outlay ius $17, which I would prefer not to spend, but it also allows us to explore some other TV channels we would never see otherwise.

Reaction Score
UConn has always played a game or two on CBS. Sometimes it's the main CBS channel, and other times it's on one of their sports channels.
I can't believe the AD scheduled this 20th anniversary event for today and let someone other than SNY broadcast it. What a slap in the face to SNY and their own fans.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the AD scheduled this 20th anniversary event for today and let someone other than SNY broadcast it. What a slap in the face to SNY and their own fans.

Since Jan 1, UConn has had 3 home games on a weekend.
Jan 18th vs USF on ESPN2
Feb 14th vs Tul on CBSSN
Feb 28th vs Mem <--- senior night

This celebration was going to be either 1/18 or 2/14. Neither are SNY games.
UConn does not get to dictate to the networks which games they get; they tell UConn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Conferences hold the rights to the games, not the schools.

Reaction Score
IT'S AFTER 4:00 . OR WAS THAT AM?

th

check your tickets next time

Reaction Score
There are all kinds of half time things going on that will never be shown on TV - even SNY. To be honest, the complaints are a little OTT. UConn basically gets half, read that again HALF, of its games shown on national TV. Many on ESPN. The rest are on the ho hum network that covers the New York City area. WE ARE SPOILED. Read that again. WE ARE SPOILED. And have media coverage that NO ONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY HAS. You should read the ND board some time where a lot of their games aren't broadcast on TV and they have to resort to online streams provided by the school that they are playing which often means jerky/poor video with no sound. To be honest I'm surprised SEC teams don't file an annual complaint that ESPN and UConn are so nearby each other. UConn really has a huge recruiting advantage in WCBB because of the media coverage.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hoopsfan.
Absolutely agree about how fortunate we are between SNY (which is nationally available) and the mix of ESPN and CBS, with all the ESPN and SNY games also available streaming through ESPNs superior streaming system (sorry about the black out on that locally!)
Add in the hoard of local and national print media coverage and no WCBB team/fans have it nearly as good as we do.

And would it be lovely if everything in life were free ... yes. But it isn't, and Uconn has done a very good job of expanding its brand by expanding its broadcast footprint. Right now there are thousands of TVs or PCs that have access to every Uconn game located in every hometown of every possible recruit for the Uconn WCBB team. That is a huge plus if you think you have a product worth selling, and I sure think so.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
There are all kinds of half time things going on that will never be shown on TV - even SNY. To be honest, the complaints are a little OTT. UConn basically gets half, read that again HALF, of its games shown on national TV. Many on ESPN. The rest are on the ho hum network that covers the New York City area. WE ARE SPOILED. Read that again. WE ARE SPOILED. And have media coverage that NO ONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY HAS. You should read the ND board some time where a lot of their games aren't broadcast on TV and they have to resort to online streams provided by the school that they are playing which often means jerky/poor video with no sound. To be honest I'm surprised SEC teams don't file an annual complaint that ESPN and UConn are so nearby each other. UConn really has a huge recruiting advantage in WCBB because of the media coverage.

Heck, some newspapers don't provide any coverage to their local college women's basketball teams. We are truly lucky.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Left to Right:
Sarah Northway, Kelly Hunt, Kara Wolters, Brenda Marquis, Pam Webber, Rebecca Lobo, Missy Rose, Jill Gelfenbien, Kim Better, Meghan Pattyson

1995_teamLG.JPG

750x422

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
PW is still a knockout!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online