Where do Power Five recruits come from, and why does it matter? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where do Power Five recruits come from, and why does it matter?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The list is crazy..if you look at New Hampshire, it said 7 players went to P5 teams, but if you look at the school it say Six with 1 each, shouldn't it be SEVEN with 1 each?

...0r 1 School had two signees.

Reaction Score
  • Down South they can play football almost 12 months a year. There is more tradition in football down there than in basketball. More meaningful, legendary wins.
  • Ohio & Pennsylvania have Ohio St and Penn St who have both made their mark over time in the college football world. National Championships, memorable bowl wins, All American athletes, Hall of Famers. That gives kids in those states something to look at, admire and dream of.
  • NY has Syracuse but their National Championship was in 1959. Besides, rich L I parents don't want to see their kids being hauled off the field in stretchers. It seems that the higher the per capita income the less emphasis on football.
  • NJ has Rutgers who claims the very first Intercollegiate football game back in 1869 and the title of "birth place of college football". So I guess football in that state is inbred.
Thanks. I was just going to comment, they play year around in Florida, including organized flag football with their high school teams in summer. Here in Ct we have all kinds of limits on when supervised practice can start and how many games can be played. Incidentally, this same over regulation is why the best soccer players are playing club, not high school soccer here in Ct.

You also have the economic factor. Inland Florida schools ( like Pahokee) turn out quite a few high caliber players. It’s the way out of the sugar cane fields, just like the coal regions did in my days in Pa.
it’s the same wealth factor where parents in the suberbs seem reluctant to let their kids play football. Soccer and lacrosse have overtaken football in many suburbs. This is also happening in other states including Pa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom