Where Are We Ranked This Week? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where Are We Ranked This Week?

Where Do We End Up This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Purdue has beat some good teams, and definitely has a claim to being the #1 team in the country, but I think a 16 point in-conference loss should affect your ranking. They're a 2 loss team, it's not like they're head and shoulders above anyone
Yeah Gonzaga and Texas are hurting us for now. UNC certainly helping.

Reaction Score
Katz has us at #1. Link. Does he get a vote?

BTW, can anyone explain the NET rankings? (Particularly how Alabama and it's 2-5 Q1 record are so high.) It honestly seems like they reward good losses more than wins.

Sometimes they do. We dropped in NET after yesterday's win because we were favored by 20 and we "only" won by 13. That stuff matters for the numbers

Steamrolling bad teams helps the ratings a lot. Alabama won a lot of their early games by 30-40+, and 3 of their 5 losses are Purdue (NET 3), Creighton (13), Arizona (2)

I think this is why UConn schedules OOC the way that they do. Demolish the horrible teams to build up margin of victory, win (or lose closely) to power opponents, and don't schedule anyone in between that has a chance of making it close

NET rankings are also pretty unreliable (imo) until the middle of conference play when it gets a chance to normalize. They're fun to look at and use for AP ranking justification, but there will be a lot of movement over the next 6 weeks

Reaction Score
Purdue has 2 tough road games this week IU and Iowa. If UConn sweeps this week they are definitely #1 team
If we beat Creighton without Clingan I'll be very surprised—but also very happy.

We should be #1 regardless. I guess we'll find out.

Reaction Score
What’s taking so long? A couple of voters who didn’t watch any games hurrying to submit their polls late

Reaction Score
Purdue has 2 tough road games this week IU and Iowa. If UConn sweeps this week they are definitely #1 team
We have an extremely difficult week as well. Creighton and at Nova. Two Quad 1 games. If we win both we certainly deserve to be #1

Reaction Score
It's 1:03, and no update yet on the AP site! Heads must roll.

There it is!! UConn is #1 with 1542 points and 39 first-place votes! Purdue second with 1506/20.

Reaction Score
I didn't think Kansas would get votes (they got 3) but had a sense UNC might (they got 1), and the AP and Coaches did what I expected: UConn-Purdue (some order) gap Kansas-UNC (some order). Here they agreed on 1 and 2, but flipped 3 and 4.

Nice to be #1. I doubt we keep it more than a week if Clingan isn't back, but it's another marker or our return to prominence.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Purdue is still #1 with the best resume and best player in college ball. Kansas is easily #2 because they beat us. We slide in at #3 but Duke is rising like a bad moon thanks to a great coach and very talented team.
You are trying too hard. Just let it flow naturally.;)

Reaction Score
Probably would be for programs without our tradition. For us, it's a momentary contented smile before looking forward to the next game.
There are 15 year olds who have never been in a world to see the #1 next to UConn’s name. I expect the students to have fun with it.

National Championships are the goal.

But getting back to dominant regular seasons is fun

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There are 15 year olds who have never been in a world to see the #1 next to UConn’s name. I expect the students to have fun with it.

National Championships are the goal.

But getting back to dominant regular seasons is fun
By all means, they should. It's a pretty cool, even for a program that has won five national championships in the last quarter century.

Reaction Score
To all of us who voted #1: Well Played.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
If you have Houston in your Top 5, you lose a bunch of credibility.
Why? They're #5. I totally agree they're overrated in general but, if you're talking about the poll and their starting spot coming into the week was #2, road losses to a pair of strong teams like ISU and TCU were not going to drop them more than three places.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom