Whenever I think I'm "over it"... | The Boneyard

Whenever I think I'm "over it"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I make the mistake of being on twitter when one of these stupid deadlines happens (IE. Louisville and Rutgers joining their new conferences officially 40 minutes ago) and I want to punch someone in the face and eat an entire cheesecake.

I really think I could sue them for emotional distress. Pain and suffering? This slow steady drip of torture has been going on for a decade now no? I know for a fact this conference saga has caused me physical and emotional pain. I'm sure I could prove it.

Alright...think happy thoughts...Dual National Title...Jalen Adams verbals..12 football commits already....Bob Diaco...Kevin Ollie...Geno Auriemma...

Reaction Score
I punched a cheese cake and ate someone's face.
Don't feel stupid--the same thing happened to Rose Nylund during the final episode of The Golden Girls. Apparently, she found Blanche's bath salts and thought they were Peanut M&M's.

Reaction Score
So UConn is no longer aligned with Louisville & Rutgers. In their place the AAC has added ECU, Tulane & Tulsa. Has the value of a UConn diploma gone up incrementally by association, or is it a wash?

Reaction Score
I keep coming here hoping to find some evidence of action. I don't care to read about everyone's theories of every detail of CR. None of it makes any sense to me, none of us know what the hell those guys are thinking. 12, 14, 15, 16, markets, athletics, academics, it's all just a crap shoot now. It seems if there were any chance of movement, someone would have leaked something by now. I really think it's the AAC for quite some time.

Reaction Score
So UConn is no longer aligned with Louisville & Rutgers. In their place the AAC has added ECU, Tulane & Tulsa. Has the value of a UConn diploma gone up incrementally by association, or is it a wash?
If you measure the value of your diploma by conference affiliation, then you are still light years ahead of any alum of Yale, Harvard, Brown, Princeton, MIT, RPI, WPI, etc....You also have a strange sense of what makes your diploma valuable.

Reaction Score
Brd46tdCUAE8yAs.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Realignment Day is making me really fraggin' mad. I might need to shut down my computer for a while to avoid all of the "Welcome to the ___" nut jostling going on all over the place. It's days like this that I really wish Husky TV would launch on Netflix so I could cancel my cable and ESPiN/B1G/FOX fees altogether.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Realignment Day is making me really fraggin' mad. I might need to shut down my computer for a while to avoid all of the "Welcome to the ___" nut jostling going on all over the place. It's days like this that I really wish Husky TV would launch on Netflix so I could cancel my cable and ESPiN/B1G/FOX fees altogether.
Just think, it's World Cup Day instead. If you watch the Argentina game, turn off the TV until the US game comes on or else you'll see Realignment crap for about 2 hours in between games!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The A has made it to the French Quarter...

Brd_xuUCIAAcyUk.jpg

If anyone needs any proof that the money between the P5 conferences and AAC is significant, the AAC is posting pictures of a cardboard cutout in their new cities. The B1G is flying around a team of mascots and cheerleaders from city to city for photographs.

Reaction Score
If anyone needs any proof that the money between the P5 conferences and AAC is significant, the AAC is posting pictures of a cardboard cutout in their new cities. The B1G is flying around a team of mascots and cheerleaders from city to city for photographs.

You sure? I thought Asweet was photo shopping. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

In Fairness, it's the Tulane Athletics Twitter feed doing it.

We are now in a conference with Tulane in case you needed reminding.

Reaction Score
If you measure the value of your diploma by conference affiliation, then you are still light years ahead of any alum of Yale, Harvard, Brown, Princeton, MIT, RPI, WPI, etc....You also have a strange sense of what makes your diploma valuable.
I guess that I'll have to signify "sarcasm intended" when making sarcastic remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom