When you hear the History of firing coaches ... | The Boneyard

When you hear the History of firing coaches ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are all together (except a straggler or 2) here. He had to go.

Warde Manual, though, has a broader vision than we do; we're fans and scream and throw things. Since 1990, there are less than a handful of coaches at the AQ level (and we still are) that have been fired before 5 games. (and 2 this weekend ... John Mackovic at Arizona; some schlump named Crowe at Arkansas). Perspective? You take seriously the state of the Team when you do this. Manual went to practices last November; he was on the Sideline this weekend. This is not a decision you impulsively punch out. I do think, with the right interim guy, it sets UConn early on the Search for the Next Great (young) Thing.

Why not last December? Those 2 late victories, I believe (*Louisville and Pitt) paused the process. Manual was taking this seriously by being at the practices. It was not clear to him; he considered firing PP last December.

What about Michigan? O my. I probably think a win over Michigan would have changed this course.

Reaction Score
We are all together (except a straggler or 2) here. He had to go.

Warde Manual, though, has a broader vision than we do; we're fans and scream and throw things. Since 1990, there are less than a handful of coaches at the AQ level (and we still are) that have been fired before 5 games. (and 2 this weekend ... John Mackovic at Arizona; some schlump named Crowe at Arkansas). Perspective? You take seriously the state of the Team when you do this. Manual went to practices last November; he was on the Sideline this weekend. This is not a decision you impulsively punch out. I do think, with the right interim guy, it sets UConn early on the Search for the Next Great (young) Thing.

Why not last December? Those 2 late victories, I believe (*Louisville and Pitt) paused the process. Manual was taking this seriously by being at the practices. It was not clear to him; he considered firing PP last December.

What about Michigan? O my. I probably think a win over Michigan would have changed this course.

The loss to Michigan was most telling. That game was totally mismanaged. You don't often lose while creating that many turnovers.

Hopefully Manual learned something.

Sick of hearing about the fans. The fans are still showing up. Towson was pitiful but let's face it. The FCS games usually are not as well attended.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
In some ways I think the near upset against MI was thre best of all possible worlds. I know, I know. Its anathema to EVER hope for a loss, but I think the game showed that we can compete ata high level, while ultimately losing was critical to jettisoning PPGDL ASAP.

Reaction Score
The loss to Michigan was most telling. That game was totally mismanaged. You don't often lose while creating that many turnovers.

Hopefully Manual learned something.

Sick of hearing about the fans. The fans are still showing up. Towson was pitiful but let's face it. The FCS games usually are not as well attended.

And ... we have the opportunity NOW to come back hard and support this team. I made my investment, consciously, about 12 years ago. I love UConn football and hate where we have been lately. I can throw myself back into it. This fanbase can grow with the right Coaching leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom