When was this no longer a UConn board?!? | The Boneyard

When was this no longer a UConn board?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I haven't been over to this board since the football season started but I thought I'd check out a few threads and I'm shocked. Has this board just become a home for ACC and B1G fans to come and argue with each other? There are a few B1G fans who were on here earlier and talked UConn and CR and I see they're still doing that but it seems like a lot of these threads have become trolled by ACC fans who are trolling ACC fans. It's ridiculous!!! WTF happened?!

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
It might be something to be proud of? It's kind of a low bar but this might be the realignment board with the best signal to noise ratio. Plus: Conspiracy Kitty.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Very true. You can't beat Conspiracy Kitty.

Maybe it's just the threads I read that had some annoying ACC fans mostly. The UVA guy and UNC guy seem legit but the VT guy is crazy

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think discussing CR makes everyone buggy from time to time. Excuse me, I have to go take my Librium now...

Reaction Score
Librium?

I have a mission as a southerner to introduce you damn yankees to the idea of two fingers of Gentleman Jack as an eye opener every morning. Librium?

Reaction Score
Librium?

I have a mission as a southerner to introduce you damn yankees to the idea of two fingers of Gentleman Jack as an eye opener every morning. Librium?
So you decided we are ACC worthy?

Reaction Score
I haven't been over to this board since the football season started but I thought I'd check out a few threads and I'm shocked. Has this board just become a home for ACC and B1G fans to come and argue with each other? There are a few B1G fans who were on here earlier and talked UConn and CR and I see they're still doing that but it seems like a lot of these threads have become trolled by ACC fans who are trolling ACC fans. It's ridiculous!!! WTF happened?!

It is regrettable that it has taken a turn at times toward an ACC v. B1G argument. There is no reason to have this particular argument here. Both conferences will be successful academic and athletic conferences. I think the ACC and B1G fans - myself included - who are here are of the opinion - based on remarks of various ADs and reporters - that conference realignment is not over. The basketball accomplishments and proximity to NYC along with academic and fundraising goals of UConn make me think - and likely other visitors - that your university will be included in the power conference structure and wish to discuss how this might happen.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This like the UN.

All sides are represented.

I would not call the vast majority of our visitors trolls - the ACC and Big Ten visitors have been welcome additions.
I know. Once we agreed to recognize the People's Republic of China all hell broke loose.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This board mainly has visitors that aren't interested in pissing all over UConn, which makes it preferable to the tiny little men over on the csnbbs realignment board.

Reaction Score
UConn deserves better, I think most rational people understand they have value. They would be a quality addition that makes logistical sense for both the Big Ten and ACC for a variety of reasons. Nothing against the ACC they are a quality conference with plenty of valuable schools but as a Big Ten guy I would hope they are added by us

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It is regrettable that it has taken a turn at times toward an ACC v. B1G argument. There is no reason to have this particular argument here. Both conferences will be successful academic and athletic conferences. I think the ACC and B1G fans - myself included - who are here are of the opinion - based on remarks of various ADs and reporters - that conference realignment is not over. The basketball accomplishments and proximity to NYC along with academic and fundraising goals of UConn make me think - and likely other visitors - that your university will be included in the power conference structure and wish to discuss how this might happen.
I disagree with you. The debate between members of the two conferences in this forum are being read by the powers at UConn and when both conferences offer UConn a bid, the material presented will be weighed in the decision making process. Your arguments count.

Reaction Score
I disagree with you. The debate between members of the two conferences in this forum are being read by the powers at UConn and when both conferences offer UConn a bid, the material presented will be weighed in the decision making process. Your arguments count.
I think it's pretty cool they are fighting over us.

Reaction Score
Eventually, when the music stops, there will be a chair to fill. Until then, all a program can do is prance around while keeping within diving distance of the chair.

Peaking in the right year might be helpful (as per Louisville).

Reaction Score

UCONN board?! With a 12-day thread on genealogy I thought this site was online partner for Ancestry.com. . .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

UNC's athletic department CFO didn't realize how much more the Big 10 gets paid relative to the ACC.

You are giving people at most of these schools way too much credit.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
UNC's athletic department CFO didn't realize how much more the Big 10 gets paid relative to the ACC.

You are giving people at most of these schools way too much credit.
And by this implication you are giving UConn's decision makers way too little credit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And by this implication you are giving UConn's decision makers way too little credit.

I'm talking about all the schools in general. Most of the ones you'd need to influence aren't paying attention.

But as an aside I think UConn is lost on realigment and continues to use their fanbase as an atm to soak dry instead of leveraging as a strength.

Reaction Score

I agree with you. When UConn is finally offered membership in one of the Power 5 conferences it is probably going to be between the ACC and the Big Ten. I guess it could also be the Big XII, but I think that's a poor fit. I could see UConn taking it like WVU did, but it's really not a good fit. So the debate between ACC and Big Ten is worth having for UConn fans and UConn administration.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm talking about all the schools in general. Most of the ones you'd need to influence aren't paying attention.

But as an aside I think UConn is lost on realigment and continues to use their fanbase as an atm to soak dry instead of leveraging as a strength.
One thing I've learned from these forums. Even the brightest amongst us view the world based on our own particular need. It is called perspective, but the point I'm emphasizing is we utilize our skills to present information that fits our needs. A poster liked buddy is a pessimist, a poster like Butch is an optimist, a poster like FTT is an elitist and so on. Most of us end up playing a few notes out of the entire symphony, but in the end, the entire presentation over a particular subject by the various presenters comes closer to the entire symphony. Certainly there are a few interjections by posters that are not the symphony, and are the audience disrupters, but the picture is far more accurate when we extract ourselves from our need to argue our point of view, and take a moment to accept other arguments as opposed to refuting them outright.

My take is that UConn's past administration has made far more mistakes regarding CR than the current one, the current one is still making some mistakes which is natural given an ever changing landscape, but is working much harder than the prior group to improve the universities image. It is a public institution and as such the leaders have to be careful how they generate revenues and allocate expenditures regarding athletics. There are only a finite group of sources for revenues - students, fans, media, government and boosters. Getting too much monies from students and the government will get a backlash from the public. The media is fixed for now and a horrible source relative to other major programs. So that leaves fans and boosters. Boosters support winners and not losers. So that source will be reduced when football and bb are down.

That leaves fans for now. My hope is this current administration goes all out on the football coaching hire, that the coach turns the football program around, KO proves worthy to be a successor to JC, and that with the success of both programs, the policy of how the University allocates seating gets revised.

Reaction Score

I agree with you. When UConn is finally offered membership in one of the Power 5 conferences it is probably going to be between the ACC and the Big Ten. I guess it could also be the Big XII, but I think that's a poor fit. I could see UConn taking it like WVU did, but it's really not a good fit. So the debate between ACC and Big Ten is worth having for UConn fans and UConn administration.

If the debate is between whether the ACC or the B1G is the best fit for UConn, then of course it is a worthwhile debate.
If the debate is that somehow the ACC or the B1G is not going to survive and do well in the coming years, then that is a debate I do not think is worth having on this board. I think both conferences will exist and do well in the power conference structure. What evidence is there that either of these conferences will cease to exist or lose members?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN board?! With a 12-day thread on genealogy I thought this site was online partner for Ancestry.com. . .
Face it its been pretty slow on CR so subject matter can tend to digress from the main topic.
Hell SH's plane ride occupied the hungry tor days.
Not to mention the twitter babblings of a couple of West by God Virginians.
Face it the board is pretty sad

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If the debate is between whether the ACC or the B1G is the best fit for UConn, then of course it is a worthwhile debate.
If the debate is that somehow the ACC or the B1G is not going to survive and do well in the coming years, then that is a debate I do not think is worth having on this board. I think both conferences will exist and do well in the power conference structure. What evidence is there that either of these conferences will cease to exist or lose members?
Both debates are worthy. The one you describe as unworthy would be my personal preference to see reduced or eliminated, but it is worthy in that it demonstrates how important issues are to our egos as opposed to determining an optimum solution to a problem. In my observation these discussions give me information about human behavior, information that I find equally interesting to the issues them selves. These discussion are a microcosm of the macrocosm of human behaviors. Our egos get in the way of a lot of problem solving. Because of the inability to know everything and because of the inability to know any future with certainty, we can proclaim things knowing that a lot of the things we proclaim can't easily be refuted. So we argue which gives us a sense of satisfaction that we are important even as this process interferes with looking at the "greatest good".

Periodically remove yourself from the investment of the discussion and watch what people say and how they say it. There are patterns we all have. If we can remove our egos from the process human progress would evolve at a much faster rate. Sadly, the ego is hard wired in a manner that makes "objective" thinking very difficult. Survival after all is the strongest biological factor in all life forms that want to survive. The ego is the human manifestation of survival that inserts itself in our "advanced" conscious state.

Reaction Score
Both debates are worthy. The one you describe as unworthy would be my personal preference to see reduced or eliminated, but it is worthy in that it demonstrates how important issues are to our egos as opposed to determining an optimum solution to a problem. In my observation these discussions give me information about human behavior, information that I find equally interesting to the issues them selves. These discussion are a microcosm of the macrocosm of human behaviors. Our egos get in the way of a lot of problem solving. Because of the inability to know everything and because of the inability to know any future with certainty, we can proclaim things knowing that a lot of the things we proclaim can't easily be refuted. So we argue which gives us a sense of satisfaction that we are important even as this process interferes with looking at the "greatest good".

Periodically remove yourself from the investment of the discussion and watch what people say and how they say it. There are patterns we all have. If we can remove our egos from the process human progress would evolve at a much faster rate. Sadly, the ego is hard wired in a manner that makes "objective" thinking very difficult. Survival after all is the strongest biological factor in all life forms that want to survive. The ego is the human manifestation of survival that inserts itself in our "advanced" conscious state.

What he said. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22