When was the last time you actually played a game of Basketball ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

When was the last time you actually played a game of Basketball ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1953 same rules as Zakalex played under. A club team in high school but we did travel to other schools once or twice

Reaction Score
Never. Oh, they tried to teach it to us in high school gym class, making us wear those awful gym suits. They looked something like this, and were ONE PIECE - our school used blue ones.

upload_2014-5-15_20-36-55.jpeg

But I couldn't dribble and couldn't shoot. I lived in a house once with a basket above the garage doors. I would love to shoot at the basket. Emphasis on the word AT. The ball rarely went in.

You know those people at time outs at the UConn games and go out and clearly have no athletic or shooting ability try to win one of those layup or free throw contests and look like fools? Yeah, that would be me if I ever was brave enough to enter my name. That is not happening.

Reaction Score
It's been a year or two since my last pickup game. Last organized game was in middle school.

On the right day I can shoot well enough to prevent embarrassment. Otherwise, I'm not very good. I'm 6'6, but slow and thin with no handle. I can bother shots and get in passing lanes on defense but...unfortunately offense is part of the game too.

played full court once a week with my sons until my mid sixties, have 2 bad knees to show for it. still shoot around with my grandchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom