When it's this bad..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When it's this bad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are gonna beat Pitt. Book it. We have their number. Friday night, they lost a heartbreaker and have to go back on the road to play a bad team? We won't get their best shot, ND did. We are hungrier.

Now then, who is going to help me kidnap DeLeone so we can win Friday?
Time and place ? I would guess no ransom demand because no one would pay it anyway.

Reaction Score

Can our ransom demand be the exact amount necessary to buy out PP? The best part is PP would probably be the only person who would pay it, so we'd totally break even!! Somebody call Warde......

Reaction Score
6 points after a bye week against a team that was also winless in the BE.....that should be enough to oust this staff.

Reaction Score
My view of McCombs is that he is an ok back. He isn't great, not Todman, but he isn't as bad as he seems. he is a very good pass blocker...Whitmer would have been killed if not for his pickups on some blitzes last night and in other games, too. He is good getting the football out of the backfield. But when we insist on running him inside...at 5-6, 165 he is just not ever going to be that effective...with a line that doesn't get any push at all, he really has to do what ever he does on his own. As far as Whitmer goes, he is certainly tough as nails. He is an improvemnt over pretty much everyone we've had for a while. Watch some other college games and he stacks up with lots of college quarterbacks. But jeez, he is lucky he hasn't been killed on some of the pass rushes he's faced. He was sacked 4 times last night, but he was hit 15 times it seemd like. he avoided the rush a few times, threw balls away...he looks like a quarterback who might have a shot at becoming pretty good under the right conditions. To tell the truth, the guy he reminds me of most is Nassib at Syracuse. He was pounded his first year and at times threw ill-advised passes but he's developed into a pretty solid D1 quarterback. With a team that actually blocked and had a running game to complement his game, I could see him being pretty solid. He isn't going to be Tom Brady, but he'll be solid.

Reaction Score
Lyle must grade out at 90% plus for his pass blocking. The thing that is a real drawback is the fall downs when cutting and the grass tackles. I saw 2 of these last night. I don't think the breakaway speed is there either.

Reaction Score
What was once our biggest strength has become the biggest Achilles heel. I really like Whitmer and if he has time he does well. He is a gamer for sure. We just cannot open any holes or protect the QB. the receivers did well.

Young injured everything piling up.

Reaction Score
Lyle must grade out at 90% plus for his pass blocking. The thing that is a real drawback is the fall downs when cutting and the grass tackles. I saw 2 of these last night. I don't think the breakaway speed is there either.
His pass blocking has improved dramatically this year. It's just that he often has to choose among three on-rushing defenders who have blown up the o line

Reaction Score
We are gonna beat Pitt. Book it. We have their number. Friday night, they lost a heartbreaker and have to go back on the road to play a bad team? We won't get their best shot, ND did. We are hungrier.

Bump. Because its the probably the last time I will predict a win and be right. Lol

Reaction Score
Not going to happen. UConn cannot score touchdowns. They are not even a threat. UConn is exactly what Pitt needs after choking against Notre Dame - a patsy. Look at the scores around college football. Scoring and offense is the name of the game, and UConn's offense sucks.
Come again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22