When it's this bad..... | The Boneyard

When it's this bad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
No much to say except ride the wave as a fan.

HCPP will move up in the Hot Seat from #21.

There's no offense. No line. No Recievers. No Running Backs. No Quarter Back. Nothing to build on. It looked that bad. 2 yards rushing in the first half? This is good for recruits. Lots of starting positions. Add the red shirts and maybe there's something there. This is bad football

Reaction Score
They can't possibly bring HCPP back after he hangs up a 3-9 season AND ZERO to build on next year AND a fan base that is totally frustrated can they?

If they bring him back they are basically saying we don't care about winning but we are concerned about paying a buyout and hiring and paying another coach.

Reaction Score
We are fine at RB IMO. The problem is the line. Whitmer is tough and will be the best QB we've had in 8 years.

We need a new OC and foley back at OL coach.

Reaction Score
We are gonna beat Pitt. Book it. We have their number. Friday night, they lost a heartbreaker and have to go back on the road to play a bad team? We won't get their best shot, ND did. We are hungrier.

Now then, who is going to help me kidnap DeLeone so we can win Friday?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We are fine at RB IMO. The problem is the line. Whitmer is tough and will be the best QB we've had in 8 years.

Couldn't have said it better myself. McCombs isn't great but he isn't the problem.

The receivers actually look pretty good and Whitmer will be our best QB since Orlovsky.

The way GDL has absolutely ruined our offensive line is almost unimaginable.

Reaction Score
Yes, the kid who was all big east and ran for over 1000 yards last year suddenly sucks.

WTF? Lmao.

Nobody could run behind this line with this scheme. Are you seeing gaping holes to run through that everyone else is missing?

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, QB and receivers look good to me. But the defensive line is penetrating into the backfield almost every play. Impossible to run successfully against penetration, and passing is an adventure. If anything it seems like the o-line gets worse every game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, was the Buffalo game (very early in that game) the only time this season where we took the lead after falling behind?

RS9999X

Reaction Score

Watch the Oregon USC game sometime if its online for replay. We do not have RBs. The difference between production, announcers, and overall talent was startling. Whitmer can take a hit. Great.

I haven't been like this since Cincinnati in 2005 when Hernandez was our preferrred option

Reaction Score
Watch the Oregon USC game sometime if its online for replay. We do not have RBs. The difference between production, announcers, and overall talent was startling. Whitmer can take a hit. Great.

I haven't been like this since Cincinnati in 2005 when Hernandez was our preferrred option
I've been watching. Of course you are comparing the best offense in the country with a completely different scheme to uconn but hey, let's just pretend our running back didn't get over 1000 yards last year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I like Whitmer's toughness and guts and I think Davis is a real #1 WR threat. I think Phillips will develop. We need some serious OL adjustments in the spring or none of this will matter.

Reaction Score
We are gonna beat Pitt. Book it. We have their number. Friday night, they lost a heartbreaker and have to go back on the road to play a bad team? We won't get their best shot, ND did. We are hungrier.

Not going to happen. UConn cannot score touchdowns. They are not even a threat. UConn is exactly what Pitt needs after choking against Notre Dame - a patsy. Look at the scores around college football. Scoring and offense is the name of the game, and UConn's offense sucks.

Reaction Score

Vahahahahahahahahaah. Bahahahahahahahhaaaa

RS9999X

Reaction Score
I've been watching. Of course you are comparing the best offense in the country with a completely different scheme to uconn but hey, let's just pretend our ****ty running back didn't get over 1000 yards last year.

He's averaging 25% less per carry (4.2 v 3.4) this year which is understandable and will have fewer carries. That doesn't make him exceptional. Last year he led the league in carries. He was our one man army. McCombs was 8th among starting BE RBs for yards per carry meaming nearly every team (excet USF) had a RB who was more efficient

I'm not knocking him. Good year for a Freshman and he's certinaly a cog in the wheel. The problem is not restricted just to the woeful line.

Reaction Score
Not going to happen. UConn cannot score touchdowns. They are not even a threat. UConn is exactly what Pitt needs after choking against Notre Dame - a patsy. Look at the scores around college football. Scoring and offense is the name of the game, and UConn's offense sucks.
But we are throwing the ball better than we have in years. I thought that was the answer to all our problems

Reaction Score
But we are throwing the ball better than we have in years. I thought that was the answer to all our problems

Hey Mr Sarcasm, this game changed a lot mid way through the third quarter. UConn had a good drive - mostly by passing the ball - to beat the clock for a FG. They had some offense momentum on that 3rd quarter drive -again by passing. They just get a first down, then Lyle McCombs up the middle, another run up the middle and suddenly third and long - end of drive.

UConn's only hope of actually having ANY offense IS the passing game. Whitmer played well save for the INTs. The WRs played well. They were the only ones on offense. The OL? They blocked equally well both running and passing. Soft and immobile doesn't even begin to cover it. And why was #72 blocking in the back (actually pushing)on that INT? He should have been going after the defender.

Reaction Score
Hey Mr Sarcasm, this game changed a lot mid way through the third quarter. UConn had a good drive - mostly by passing the ball - to beat the clock for a FG. They had some offense momentum on that 3rd quarter drive -again by passing. They just get a first down, then Lyle McCombs up the middle, another run up the middle and suddenly third and long - end of drive.

UConn's only hope of actually having ANY offense IS the passing game. Whitmer played well save for the INTs. The WRs played well. They were the only ones on offense. The OL? They blocked equally well both running and passing. Soft and immobile doesn't even begin to cover it. And why was #72 blocking in the back (actually pushing)on that INT? He should have been going after the defender.

Lmao.

You still don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member