Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's mine ...

(1) UConn - Duh
(2) Duke - Return top 7, add #2 HS class, add RS Henson
(3) Maryland - Lose Hawkins, but return AA Thomas, add top 5 HS class, add 3 RS
(4) Tenn - Lose Kamiko & Spani, return injured Carter, add top HS Mercedes
(5) Louisville - lose Reid but return rest, add 4 RS
(6) N Dame - Huge loss in Diggins (+Turner), but return McBride/Achonwa / Loyd, add #3 HS class
(7) Stanford - Lose Tinkle & Kokenis, return Chiney, add RS, add top HS class
(8) Kentucky - Lose Mathies but return next 5, add #5 HS class
(9) Nebraska - Lose Moore but return Hooper and rest of S16 team
(10) UNC - Lose top 2 but return Xylina, add blockbuster #1 class

Also: Baylor, Oklahoma, LSU, Cal, Vandy

RS = Redshirts

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I wont disagree too much. However, I would replace Nebraska with Cal.

Yes Cal loses Claredon and Caldwell but they return everyone else. Boyd and Brandon are great.

Lindy had them at #3 and while I think thats too high, I think they will be top 10.

I also wouldn't count out Kentucky this season. Mathias was great but she disappeared at times last season and I think Harper is amazing and they also added Rogers and Epps who I think were slightly under the radar outside of the Kentucky area.

Baylor--Depends on how far Simms will take them this season.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
(1) UConn
(2) Duke
(3) Maryland
(4) Notre Dame
(5) Louisville
(6) Tennessee
(7) Stanford
(8) UNC
(9) California
(10) Nebraska

Reaction Score
(1) The UConn Huskies
(2) Duke
(3) Maryland
(4) Stanford
(5) Notre Dame
(6) Tenn
(7) Louisville
(8) Cal
(9) Kentucky
(10) Nebraska

...that's my 2 cents.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
1) UCONN
2) Duke
3) ND
4) Louisville
5) Kentucky
6) Stanford
7) MD
8) TN
9) Cal
10) UCLA

Reaction Score
1) UConn - obvi
2) Duke - Health of Chelsea and Elizabeth will determine if they can challenge UConn.
3) Notre Dame - I just love McBride. Lloyd could be better than Diggins soon. Achonwa under-appreciated. Reimer will be a big immediate impact.
4) Maryland - I see why people are high on them, but I don't think Alyssa Thomas is Angel McCoughtry, and a lot remains to be seen health-wise. I think #4 is generous, but I'm being respectful lol.
5) Louisville - May suffer some early losses, but will be a looming dark horse again in March. Slaughter is so dangerous w/ her outside shooting at 6'1". Return a lot.
6) Cal - 3rd best by March is def possible IF Brandon returns strong from off-season surgery and makes (another) quantum leap on offense, which she has done each prior season of her career. Incoming frosh Courtney Range is no Diamond DeShields, but she is polished and will probably start.
7) Tenn - More talent than most ahead of them. Russell seemed like the future NFOY her junior year but not as much senior year of HS. Unproven, but bursting with talent.
8) Stanford - Will start off strong, but not sure if Chiney can do it alone in March. Losing Tinkle may be bigger than some think -- #2 scorer and was picked up by Seattle Storm. Tara likes to ease in her freshmen.
9) UNC - Can't wait to see Diamond. I don't think Mavunga or Washington will have nearly as big of an immediate impact (though will have great careers). Gray maybe.
10) Baylor - I don't see it w/r/t Nebraska at all. Kentucky will be in the top 10, but they are not one of the 10 best teams, nor 10 most dangerous teams and won't be in the pre-season nor March. But b/c of early hype and avoiding upsets, they may be able to maintain a top 10 ranking.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
1. UConn
2. Duke
3. Tennessee
4. Notre Dame
5. Stanford
6. Kentucky
7. Maryland
8. Louisville
9. Baylor
10. Texas A&M

Reaction Score
UConn
Duke
ND
Louisville
Maryland
Stanford
Tenn
UNC
Baylor
Kentucky

Reaction Score
(1) UConn
(2) Notre Dame
(3) Duke
(4) Maryland
(5) Tennessee
(6) Stanford
(7) Kentucky
(8) Cal
(9) Baylor
(10) UNC

Reaction Score
1. UCONN: "We have Stewart, KML, Tuck, Dolson, Hartley, Jefferson, Banks...and you don't" lol obviously the most talented team in the country it should be fun to watch them grow(as scary as that is)
2. Duke: Should be able to beat anyone not named UConn
3. Tennessee: Healthy Harrison is really good and underrated and if she has helped develop Moore and Russell the post game in addition to Graves will be scary. An improved perimeter game they WILL make noise. #Grind
4. Stanford: Chiney will be a beast and should be NPOY if she does what she did last year. An improved Orrange would definitely help. McCall will be good.
5. Notre Dame: Achonwa, McBride, Lloyd, Braker...I expect all will step up and they will be the toast of the ACC when it's all said and done.
6. Maryland: Thomas.
7. Louisville: They're confident and I'm sure itching to take a step into greatness
8. Kentucky: Exhausting
9. UNC: Freshman class plus McDaniel
10. Baylor: They go as Sims goes

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
1) UCONN
2) Duke (But always #1 in my heart :))
3) Notre Dame
4) Maryland
5) Kentucky
6) Tennesee
7) Louisville
8) Stanford
9) California
10) Baylor

Reaction Score
1 UCONN:

2 Notre Dame

3. Stanford

4 Duke:

5 Louisville

6 Tennessee

7 Maryland

8 Kentucky

9 Baylor

10 California

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not informed enough to pick a top ten but sure think that UNC will be top 5

Reaction Score
There are several well thought out rankings here, but, with the exception of one or two, most have ND ranked too low. The purported demise of ND owing to Skylar's departure is greatly exaggerated. They still have the second best lineup in the country and the second best coach. I expect Duke to be pretty good, but when we get into the post-season the matchup I fear most is if and when we face ND....I suspect that, secretly, at least, many of you feel likewise.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There are several well thought out rankings here, but, with the exception of one or two, most have ND ranked too low. The purported demise of ND owing to Skylar's departure is greatly exaggerated. They still have the second best lineup in the country and the second best coach. I expect Duke to be pretty good, but when we get into the post-season the matchup I fear most is if and when we face ND....I suspect that, secretly, at least, many of you feel likewise.

Who is the point guard for ND this year?

I have them at three, based on the big three of Loyd, McBride and Achonwa. But I'm not secretly or any other way fearing a game with ND.

Reaction Score
1. UCONN: "We have Stewart, KML, Tuck, Dolson, Hartley, Jefferson, Banks...and you don't" lol obviously the most talented team in the country it should be fun to watch them grow(as scary as that is)
2. Duke: Should be able to beat anyone not named UConn
3. Tennessee: Healthy Harrison is really good and underrated and if she has helped develop Moore and Russell the post game in addition to Graves will be scary. An improved perimeter game they WILL make noise. #Grind
4. Stanford: Chiney will be a beast and should be NPOY if she does what she did last year. An improved Orrange would definitely help. McCall will be good.
5. Notre Dame: Achonwa, McBride, Lloyd, Braker...I expect all will step up and they will be the toast of the ACC when it's all said and done.
6. Maryland: Thomas.
7. Louisville: They're confident and I'm sure itching to take a step into greatness
8. Kentucky: Exhausting
9. UNC: Freshman class plus McDaniel
10. Baylor: They go as Sims goes

You think Notre Dame will be the toast of the ACC yet you believe Duke is a better team? I honestly cannot wait to see ND, Duke, and NC beat each other up this year. Especially with the physical play of ND as of late.

Reaction Score
Here's mine ...

(1) UConn - Duh
(2) Duke - Return top 7, add #2 HS class, add RS Henson
(3) Maryland - Lose Hawkins, but return AA Thomas, add top 5 HS class, add 3 RS
(4) Tenn - Lose Kamiko & Spani, return injured Carter, add top HS Mercedes
(5) Louisville - lose Reid but return rest, add 4 RS
(6) N Dame - Huge loss in Diggins (+Turner), but return McBride/Achonwa / Loyd, add #3 HS class
(7) Stanford - Lose Tinkle & Kokenis, return Chiney, add RS, add top HS class
(8) Kentucky - Lose Mathies but return next 5, add #5 HS class
(9) Nebraska - Lose Moore but return Hooper and rest of S16 team
(10) UNC - Lose top 2 but return Xylina, add blockbuster #1 class

Also: Baylor, Oklahoma, LSU, Cal, Vandy

RS = Redshirts

No one in this thread has mentioned Dayton, which I thought was a team that played mainly freshmen and sophomores and lost only one starter. Is my memory bad or can someone add to this? I thought they were bringing almost everyone back and would be next year's mid-major hope.

Reaction Score
1) UCONN
2) Duke (But always #1 in my heart :))
3) Notre Dame
4) Maryland
5) Kentucky
6) Tennesee
7) Louisville
8) Stanford
9) California
10) Baylor

With all the talent that Duke has there is no reason that they can't win one or two NC'S in the near future.

Reaction Score
No one in this thread has mentioned Dayton, which I thought was a team that played mainly freshmen and sophomores and lost only one starter. Is my memory bad or can someone add to this? I thought they were bringing almost everyone back and would be next year's mid-major hope.
Dayton lost 3 players to graduation - Sam MacKay (their point guard), Olivia Applewhite and Brittany Wilson. They still have a great group of players including juniors Ally Malott (their first McDonalds AA) and Andrea Hoover and soph Amber Deane, the A-10 rookie of the year. Their incoming freshman class was ranked #20. They will be the mid-major hope and are a solid top 15 team. I don't know if I would rank them top 10, but they do have a legitimate shot at cracking the top 10 at some point this season. They should be even better the following year as they only have 1 senior on the team.

Just an FYI, Sam McKay is a team member of UNI Gyor and was on the bus when it crashed. She IS OK - treated and released from the hospital. (I am a UD alum and supporter of UD athletics.)

Reaction Score

Thank you for the info, I had overlooked them. They do indeed return 4 starters and their top bench player.
But I still don't think I would've put them top 10 or even top 15. Maybe top 20.

Unfortunately their non-conf sked is still weak, so it will be hard to assess how good they are. Their 3 toughest games are Iowa, Mich St, and Vandy.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1 UConn will be a monster this season. Could be the best team WCBB has ever seen. Led by their defense.
2 Duke I expect Duke to struggle against ND MD and possibly UNC. I don't see enough defense.
3 ND Very well coached. Good defense. 4 starters back and an experienced bench
4Maryland A lot of questions on the players coming back from injuries. MD has to many close calls against teams they should beat

5-10 gets interesting IMO its wide open. Below comments not in any order

Stanford has Chiney who can carry them and is there go to player. Very well coached. There are question marks with who else can step up.
Louisville lacks height. They can live and die by the trey and everybody knows that now. Very well coached.
UNC to many underclassman, lack of defense, and undisciplined
Tenn they will miss the leadership of Kamiko and Spani. Unless some other guard steps up Tenn will have problems. Their problems for the past 7-8 years have been at the guard position. They were last season too. Carter and someone else has to step up. Russell is a freshman and she will be up and down. Experienced players around the basket can get her in foul trouble. You need guards who can get her the ball in position where she can score.
Kentucky lacks height. Good defense. Will need a go to player who can score.
Baylor Simms for now. Can Prince step up. I think Baylor could be better then expected because they will not be focusing on Griner they will have to play as a team and they've got some pretty good players and Simms can disrupt the game on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
Using the 11 votes so far ...

Rnk .......... Pts .... Hi . Lo
_1 UConn ..... 165 .... 1 ... 1
_2 Duke ...... 151 .... 2 ... 4
_3 N Dame .... 136 .... 2 ... 6
_4 Maryland .. 123 .... 3 ... 7
_5 Tenn ...... 115 .... 3 ... 8
_6 Stanford .. 112 .... 3 ... 8
_7 Louisville. 103 .... 4 ... NR
_8 Kentucky .. _78 .... 5 ... NR
_9 Cal ....... _53 .... 6 ... NR