What's in an alma mater? | The Boneyard

What's in an alma mater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if this has any bearing on realignment, but Delany's comments about wanting to place a team in the Pinstripe bowl and other stuff he said yesterday got me thinking. When the Big East created the Pinstripe bowl, their first choice for an opponent was a B1G team but the B1G was too busy. Now that cuse and pitt are in acc on paper he wants in?

Cuse hanging banners in Yankee Stadium with impunity.

Perhaps UConn plays in it in the future (2014 >)with B1G logos stitched on their jersey's.

Anyway, just blowing off steam. Again.

B1G: Jim Delany, UNC-Chapel Hill undergraduate

SEC: Mike Slive, Dartmouth undergraduate, law degrees from UVA and Georgetown

Big 12: Bob Bowlsby, Minnesota State undergraduate, master’s degree from University of Iowa

Pac 10: Larry Scott, Harvard undergraduate

Notre Dame: Jack Swarbrick, Notre Dame undergraduate, law degree from Stanford

Big East: TBD

ACC: John Swofford: UNC-Chapel Hill undergraduate, master’s degree from Ohio University

Reaction Score
Place your bets on whether or not there's going to be a de-briefing of the Steinbrenner kids sometime soon, to let them know exactly what's been happening in the past year, and who's been lying to who, and when and what about..........

Big 10 v. Big East in Yankee Stadium is exactly what it was supposed to be from the beginning, but Delaney left that out.

Reaction Score
BTW: funny what some of these people will come up with around here huh uptop? I know I'm not somebody else........LOL

Have a nice day.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey can you Steinbrenner kids ignore your billion dollar baseball empire and sit down to discuss if it's Iowa or Iowa State playing in a meaningless game that you live a thousand miles from?

What is there to discuss. Would you rather have the Big 10 than the Big 12? Is that even a question?

Reaction Score
BTW: funny what some of these people will come up with around here huh uptop? I know I'm not somebody else........LOL

Have a nice day.

LOL!!

Roger that, Carl.

Have a great day, too!

Checkmate King-2 over and out.

Reaction Score
Place your bets on whether or not there's going to be a de-briefing of the Steinbrenner kids sometime soon, to let them know exactly what's been happening in the past year, and who's been lying to who, and when and what about..........

Big 10 v. Big East in Yankee Stadium is exactly what it was supposed to be from the beginning, but Delaney left that out.

Let's hope the Steinbrenner kids hears part of the de-briefing from Navy personnel stressing the duty of doing the morale and ethical missions. Show them how to make a lot of $$ and at the same time demonstrate what Right looks Like.

Does it matter that Steinbrenner's daughter is a unc chapel hill alum? Or is she non factor on this type of stuff?

It's a little know fact now, but when she was enrolled there (circa 1977-82) George was letting the whole world know with huge sums of money, agents, emissaries and ironclad clout with US News Report and other media outlets how great of a school it was because his daughter went there. And what George wanted, George for the most part got. If she had attended UConn, then UConn would have been his favorite college after his alma mater Williams College and Purdue where he coached football and credits the time there significant in his success.

Anyway.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The 7th B12 pick isn't a big enough draw. The ACC wouldn't give up anything higher than the 4th pick. The B1G could offer any team higher than 6 and still produce a team with a large NYC following. The NNBE entry would rotate among the locals and be a huge game to the NNBE school. RU vs. Mich St. or UConn vs. Wisconsin or Temple vs. Iowa are all possible matchups in a given year. You'd even get the odd PSU OSU or Michigan every decade or so.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Rutgers was there last year and there wasn't that great of a turnout.

Granted Iowa State wasn't a marquee opponent (good team though) I would have thought they would have filled the place up.

Bottom line is that it's just not an ideal location.

Baseball stadium, in NYC, in January with awful traffic 90% of the time really adds up.

That being, I'd go if UConn ever made it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom